tuscl

Strip Clubs vs SA vs Trends

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
So we’ve all complained recently that it’s becomig harder to find hot strippers when compared to a decade ago. Is that because:

A. More hot babes are sugaring and they don’t have to strip.

B. This generation of strippers are heavier due to diets, more tattooed, and big butt celebrity influences which aren’t attractive to most older PLs, so they write off most strippers as “unattractive” where maybe younger guys do find them attractive?

C. Business are becoming more diverse (ethnic and gender) so the old boys club strip club luncheons or after work meeting are much more uncommon these days.

D. Add your own theory

18 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    It’s just the pendulum swinging, the fringes are on the margins, I think the center will hold and eventually come back.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago

I vote for "A" -- but everyone's probably tired of hearing that like a broken record. I buy most things on Amazon, too, because there's a much greater choice online (Amazon reached market cap of $1 Trillion recently). Also beats driving around to brick-and-mortar stores. And I'm also going to choose Uber over a taxi. All examples of the disruptive influence of E-commerce.

Sugaring's gone mainstream on college campuses. It's brought in millions of girls who would otherwise be off-limits.

I have this blonde 20-yr-old student now and probably the most attractive girl I've ever been with. Unlikely arrangement since she ignored my messages online for weeks, then stood me up at the first meet-and-greet. When we did finally meet, we hit it off. Her father in an MD, and she sugars for luxury stuff and extra spending money.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I think that 'B' is the biggest factor, followed by 'A' and then 'C'.

Honestly, I'm not complaining a lot about dancer quality these days. I like Latinas and prefer a dancer who looks like she finishes meals. For the most part, I don't care about tattoos and sometimes think that they make a dancer more desirable.

I wouldn't mind more Asian dancers, but that's a quibble.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Things usually evolve.

My 2-cents:

- less competition 20 years ago, SCs had a bit more of a monopoly in the sex industry (the internet has allowed for more options/competition w.r.t. sex and enjoying naked women)

- with more competition/options in the sex game, consumers have more options and thus dancers may have to give more - i.e. 20 years ago a good-looking chick could often make big-bucks just being pretty and offering zero-mileage/contact - pretty girls offering zero-mileage may find it much harder to make good $$$ these days - many hot chicks probably find other venues like camming or social-media as a preferable way to monetize their looks, over being groped by mongers
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I have more fun now than I ever did and see no decline on the hotness of dancers.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Stripping has also become main stream--girls who stripped in the past would stay underground more. Today all you need to do is surf IG and you can pick out the strippers.

Women that I know who would do it out of desperation are now joined by a multitude of women who simply look at it as easy cash.

Most of the reasons as to why have been discussed before but I also tend to favor A.

SA is my go to when I am looking for someone --with the idea of I want the interaction to be ongoing. I don't use SA as a one and done source.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I sometimes wonder if there's some "it was better in the old days" going on. In SF, it really WAS better in the old days, the combination of DV monopoly plus other local factors has led to far less busy clubs, which I think is directly related to the talent. That said, this comparison is during the peak of SF SCs, around 2000. If I compare today versus, say, 2012, I don't know if there's that much of a difference. Maybe. I dunno.

To the extent that it's not just nostalgia but really true that strippers aren't as pretty, I do think both camming and SA have to have taken some toll. In the case of SA, I think the effect is indirect -- my sense is that the majority of sugarbabies use SA as a side hustle (most babies are making $2000ish/month or less? On the reddit group, the SBs say that if you're making more than $3000/month, you're in the top 10%), whereas stripping is a job in itself. Or, in other words, strippers aren't quitting their jobs to become sugarbabies; instead, as I've run into over and over, they're advertising on SA to supplement their income. Meanwhile, the SBs like Rando's current girl never would have considered stripping in the first place. Or, in other words, as a side hustle, SA isn't competing for the same girls as SCs directly. But SA is competing for the exact same customers. As more customers choose becoming SDs or camming over SCs, SC business goes down, and fewer potential strippers bother.

The current fascination with fat chicks with fat asses has to be having some impact, too
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I'll tell you that for me personally, I've spent far more on SA than SCs (or strippers in general) in the past year. First time that's basically ever happened. Just in the past couple of months, started shifting back to SCing again
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    In the "old days" Massachusetts was 100% no touch and all Providence did was $1 tableside dances. It wasn't better, but old people always think the old days were better. Need another example? Muscle cars. My current car would beat the piss out of my GTO, but people would pay more for the GTO.
  • samsung1
    6 years ago
    The law makers have ruined it in ohio.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    w.r.t. the "old days", seems many refer to the dancers' looks, not necessarily the experience/mileage - i.e. there seems to be a viewpoint that 20+ years ago mileage on avg was lower and dancer-looks higher; but hard to know if this is a fact and it can also have to do w/ location.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    For me, it's because I've come to learn that I enjoy the low- to middle-end clubs more and don't go to the high-end clubs now.

The percentage of "hot" strippers is definitely lower, but my clubbing enjoyment has also improved greatly over the fast few years.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ so I don't complain about it. I'm too busy complaining about the fucking millenials.
  • Mnaz
    6 years ago
    I think the only club I’ve been to that had genuinely beautiful dancers was Babes Cabaret in Scottsdale and that club was boring. Club just needs to have a few fun pretty-ish strippers and no complaints here.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    None of the above. Your basic premise is demonstrably false. I find plenty of hot strippers every time I go out.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "For me personally, I've spent far more on SA than SCs (or strippers in general) in the past year."

So it's easier to find a 7.5 "with a great personality" in your price range on SA?
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    In my local clubs, I definitely see less customers in the clubs on average and I assume that’s due to the internet providing more sex related options. But regardless of the reason, with fewer customers one would think there is not as much income potential, thus, a lot of hotties will look elsewhere to cash in on their looks. So I mostly go with theory “A”.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I went over the Labor Day Weekend on a Saturday night which you would think would bring out the better selection of dancers.

Lot of customers, about 20 women. Since the last time I had been to the club the quality of the women has declined.

I realized there was another discussion about Labor Day weekend but Labor Day isn't Christmas or Thanksgiving.

My clubbing has been limited this year in comparison to the previous two years and there is no doubt SA is where I find the majority of my companions and spend the majority of my discretionary funds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion