tuscl

OT: Hashtag

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
I had a waitress at Chili's tonight that spoke in hashtag. Literally spoke in hashtag, as in "Hashtag I'll be right back.", "Hashtag the wings are good.", "Hashtag dessert?"

WTF? you don't SAY hashtag, do you?

Had one a while back fill out a job application. Did not use sentences. Used hashtags with no other punctuation, like this:

#my name is roberd (yes he spelled his name wrong)
# Microsoft Office
# Viseo
# Salesforce
# communications degree #uga (yes, a degree in communi-fucking-cations!!!!)
# 2 years experience

etc.

Out of morbid curiosity I called him. He was very uncomfortable speaking. After a few seconds he told me to wait a minute. The line went dead. Then he resumed the conversation in texting.

11 comments

• Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i guess texting is the new talk.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Was he based in San Jose?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    it gives you have a chance to edit before you post. unlike talking in the real time.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I have never heard someone say "hashtag." It's like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where a woman says "LOL."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwlx0aT…
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    try it next time you go to a club Goldie... hashtag how about a BJ?
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    At Chilis did you have the hash? Tag?
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    goldmongerATL, this could have been on topic if you had told her "#givemearimjob"

That would have been #brilliant
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    #BS
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Changes everything if you keep the # as pound instead of hashtag.... I have yet to get a phone tree that asks me to press hashtag for english, it is always press pound for english..... #METOO
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    I've been guilty of saying hashtag and yes I hear it a lot with young women around me. It's doubtless where I picked it up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion