tuscl

Conversation with a hiring manager

So I was auditioning for this club. Apparently I’ve been working in chaos, lol.

Me: So how does this schedule thing work? I’m confused.

Manager: You just say what days you want to work. We require at least three days a week. One of them being a Sunday or Monday. Though there are some girls who are more than happy to just pay for the three days and only show up for one of them. They will make $800 and don’t care about the $50 extra.

Me: Oh okay, that’s interesting.

Manager: There’s no schedules in Austin?

Me: Nope. It’s just show up when you want and the house fee keeps going up depending on when you show up.

Manager: Good Lord! That sounds like chaos! Not ever knowing how many girls will show up...

39 comments

• PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Let the ebb and tide of females flow with the ebb and tide of PLs.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    It is a recipe for disaster. I imagine this is how you end up with 20 pl's and 2 dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Those clubs with no schedules are great! Usually they have then a surplus of dancers on the roster. Then dancers can come and go, and even return, as they please!

Likely this also increases the chances of front room makeout sessions, as girl will be trying to line up immediate OTC.

SJG
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Or 10 dancers and 2 pl's
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’m skeptical that there would be much of a difference, but I’m curious about this now. I’m definitely looking forward to working a few shifts at this place.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Is the club new or new owner, if so the hiring manager is trying to attract a bunch of girls once he feels like he has enough the rules will change.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Do strippers really follow schedules anyway? I’m not trying to put them down but mean that as a serious question. I know some do but when asking a manager if a particular stripper is going to be in, the response is always given without much confidence. And then there are the no shows after the siren texts. With occasional exceptions, I’ve always had the impression that it’s real hit and miss even when there is a schedule.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    It’s me that’s new. I get the impression the club always does this though.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I am certain at least some of those rules are negotiable. But as you are only going to be there temporarily it doesn't really matter.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @Huntsman Yeah the manager did make note that actually showing up on the schedule was optional. And that some dancers happily pay the extra to be a no show. And that being no big deal. I think this is because he noticed my hesitancy about the schedule thing, lol.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @PaulDrake This is true. I remember you were talking about ID scans for customers a few weeks ago as well. I’m guessing it’s just a club culture thing out here.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Nice spice, I know that there are clubs that incentivize the tip out to try to get strippers on a schedule but I always believed that the Stripper 101 class you all take teaches “show up whenever the fuck you decide to show up”.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    True. We unreliable sometimes :p it’s a luxury.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I tell you, the cooler clubs just let the girls come and go as they please. It makes it really nice. It also sets up an environment where the girls don't follow many rules but their own.

SJG
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I've had convos with my faves over the years on this topic and most clubs in Portland don't have walk-on whenever stripper scheduling. It's *usually* scheduled at least a few days in advance and there are monetary penalties if they show up late. But that said, at some clubs the top earners or those in good with management can come and go with more flexibility.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    If I was a stripper I'd hate to be told when to work

Seems like dancer's come to the game like people that Play poker do

Easy money and freedom
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ :) :) :)

Juice, Juice, Juice!!!

SJG

HOW MAGICK WORKS: The Consciousness, Energy, & Spirit Models - Taliesin McKnight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCW6WC1P…
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Chaos in a strip club? I don't believe it!
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @Sirlap I’ve heard similar about Portland.

@Juice Aye
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    As of a few years ago (things might have changed over the past few years), Only one club out here that doesn't schedule (and enforce that scheduling), and that club definitely benefited from it ... there were girls who only worked that club, strictly because of the flexibility.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    I’ve run into a few exceptions but at first I don’t trust a club that has a schedule because it means they have trouble getting enough dancers to show up regularly
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    Btw spice your new avi is hot as fuck
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    Scheduling may very well be tied to the vexing question of Employee vs Contracted workers. I'd think if strippers are employees they'd have a work schedule.contracted employees may very well be in a position to work when they want.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Interesting comment Zoey about not trusting a club that has a schedule. How the length of a shift? In other words, when you do show up to dance at a club that doesn’t have a schedule, are there requirements for how long you have to stay?

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Isn’t it important for a manager to have a reasonable idea of the number of dancers to expect each night? I must be looking at this from a corporate/office perspective, as it seems to be a basic requirement of a job.

It could be chaos for the manager. It wouldn’t effect dancers.

Nice avatar NiceSpice!
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Some of the hottest clubs in Portland have consistent and enforced schedules. Also they are posted on their websites. I like knowing who's on what shift ahead of time.

@nicespice's avatar is making me stupid.
  • Bbybunny
    6 years ago
    My home club is a schedule club but I love it. Strip clubs need a bit of order. When 40 girls randomly show up on a Wednesday out the blue it’s just too much. I set my schedule. Pick the days I’m available and let them know. I’m not an “employee” their either.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “Only one club out here that doesn't schedule (and enforce that scheduling), and that club definitely benefited from it”

Sounds about right.

“I’ve run into a few exceptions but at first I don’t trust a club that has a schedule because it means they have trouble getting enough dancers to show up regularly”

Hm I never thought of that. I’m wondering if it’s because they turn away a lot of potential dancers. One of the first things I was asked was whether I had any tattoos.

And thanks for the compliment. :D

“Scheduling may very well be tied to the vexing question of Employee vs Contracted workers.”

This is true. Most of the lawsuits done by dancers towards clubs have been over this I think. I think this is why the manager was quick to tell me as long as it’s paid for I can technically ignore the schedule.

“In other words, when you do show up to dance at a club that doesn’t have a schedule, are there requirements for how long you have to stay?”

Some may require you to pay to leave early. Most in my area don’t. I admit that there’s been several times I’ve worked for a small bit and then dip out early once my after tip out was $200 more than once.

“Isn’t it important for a manager to have a reasonable idea of the number of dancers to expect each night?“

I’ve never worked at a schedule club before, so I have no idea lol. It’s what made me create this thread.

And thanks.

“Some of the hottest clubs in Portland have consistent and enforced schedules. Also they are posted on their websites. I like knowing who's on what shift ahead of time”

Makes sense. I’ve heard that only a handful of Portland clubs are actually travel friendly.

And thanks.

“My home club is a schedule club but I love it. Strip clubs need a bit of order.”

Ooh nice. Hmm, I’ve never noticed too much overrsaturation in the other clubs though. At least not too often.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The best clubs here have mandatory scheduling and a fine system for no-shows and late arrivals. Probably why at 1:00 pm on a Monday they are fully staffed. One thing you won't see on reviews from around here: there was only __ dancers.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Are you still in Central TX?? Kinda sounds like you're describing a club up there in the DF-dub.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Kick that dude in the nuts spice girl
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    When I first started working at my home club, the schedule was fairly easy. You just had to pick 7 days out of the month; one had to be Sunday (but not a game day Sunday), and two had to be either a Monday or Tuesday. The other four were up to you. If you missed a day, you could just text a house mom beforehand and reschedule. If you failed to do that, you had pay a $50 fine.

You could also just be "freelance" and work whenever, but you tipout will be double.

Idk what their requirements are now, though. I work whenever I want and still get the house girl tipout. :)
  • AmeliaSmith
    6 years ago
    At the club I work at now, there is no schedule but the house fees rise about $10 every hour and a half on weedays and about $15 on weekends. We have to work 2 manadory days a week (Sunday, Monday, or Thursday) or pay $35 per day that you don't work if you want to work Friday or Saturday. My club is an after hours club so it sucks if you want to get in early to pay a lower house fee because there aren't many customers between opening and 9pm.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @stripfighter You called it. I’m hanging out in the DFW area for a short bit.

@MackTruck I want to kick this whole metro area in the nuts lol.

But I’ll get used to it. On the plus side, the managers at two clubs I’ve visited seem pretty friendly. (One even complimented me on my punctuality, lol.) But now I’m kinda missing home and being just a number lol.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ That's number would be "10"
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    "Managing strippers is like trying to herd cats around." Anonymous club manager.

NS, as you can see, the practice of low fees for early arrival, high fees for late arrival seem to be the prevalent practice in clubs. The club that I'm aware of with the greatest flexibility is Mons Venus. I see dancers arriving and leaving at various hours, though there may be constraints on working only certain shifts.( Day shift mgr "hires" you, but night mgr may not want you).

Towards the other spectrum, 2 Los Angeles area higher tier clubs have published shifts on website. The dancers that you see listed you can count on them being there, though additional dancers not listed showing up aren't uncommon.
  • l00ber
    6 years ago
    Requiring a Sun/Mon shift sounds like a BBD setup.
  • steeldog65
    6 years ago
    First and most importantly, nicespice avi is very nice.
    Secondly, as a business person looking at P & L it would be important to be able to ensure proper numbers of dancers at appropriate times to ensure the greatest customer satisfaction and dancer satisfaction. If you assume X PL's need Y Dancers and you have Y-2 then the customers are unhappy and if you have Y+2 the dancers are potentially unhappy as they cannot maximize earnings.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Thanks steeldog.

I have heard that the income potential is higher in the DFW area than in my area. But I’m not sure if it’s a schedule thing or clientele thing or what. I wish a club manager would become more active in posting here for more perspective on this. I’m curious about it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion