tuscl

OT: Magnum P.I.

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Seems CBS is coming out with a new version of the show on Monday nights.

20 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I really liked the old show and recall watching the first episode when it came out in the early-80s.

But these days I don't watch much regular TV.
  • anthony6613
    6 years ago
    I loved the original Magnum P.I. I hope the new one wears the Detroit Tiger D baseball hat.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I hope Higgins doesn’t try to give TC a blowjob again!
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Hey, Shai. Higgins is a woman in this iteration, so, blow away! ;-)
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    I doubt I’ll watch it. How could it compete with the original ? I’d rather watch Magnum reruns.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I wonder if he'll drive a cool car like the original Magnum
  • Heellover
    6 years ago
    Probably will be better than that damn Miami Vice remake they did. I tried to watch that show once and watched for all of five minutes. Actually, I think I watched for about a minute and did something more exciting (like folding towels or loading the dishwasher) with the show on in the background for the other four. In other words, I just didn't turn it off right away like I should have.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    I used to love that show when I was a kid. The guy lived in someone else's huge house on the beach in paradise, no expenses, worked whenever he felt like it, drove a fancy car, always managed to find a hot chick, etc. It's a better male fantasy than James Bond ever was. And I'm not surprised that they're remaking it now - it's appropriate for the times we live in. After all, Thomas Magnum lived a life similar to that of a millennial who has moved back to his parents' house after college.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Scrotum
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I think BurlingtonHoFactory just made one of the wisest statements ever made on TUSCL. Now I wanna be Magnum PI. Wait, maybe not, people used to shoot at him all the time and I'm not sure my reflexes are as quick as his were.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @flagooner lol
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    I actually always pictured flagooner to look like an old version of Higgins from Magnum PI. But he's probably more like a geriatric version of Captain Kirk from Star Trek. Makes sense because Kirk fucked a green alien that one time, and flagooner married an (illegal) alien and helped her raise an anchor-baby who's about to go off to college.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Scrotum
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    I fully expect it to suck.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Seeing the commercials for the new Magnum PI reminded me of how good the old show was. The original was a great show - and I’m not sure if this new version will work for those who loved the original.

BurlingtonHF - Your comments are spot on! Well said!
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    >Seeing the commercials for the new Magnum PI reminded me of how good the old show was.

I can't even make it through the commercial it's so bad.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Yahtzee74 - I agree. The commercials are awful.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Hollywood never learns..........There's a reason certain movie remakes never work and it is a simple one--the character's role and the original actor are so ingrained in our minds as being one nobody can ever hope to fill the role and gain the same acceptance.

Magnum is one of those roles with Tom Selleck ---additionally a lot of the plot and backdrop of the show revolved around the war in Southeast Asia ( not just Vietnam to include Higgins) and the special ops Magnum and the characters ( guest stars included ) played.

I don't see anyone successfully getting in Ben Hur's chariot and I don't see anyone getting in Robin Masters red ferrari and peeling out on the coastal highway.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ That a fair point, but you need to remember there’s a whole new generation out there that have never seen these shows, and therefore the characters are not associated with a particular actor for these folks, that’s the demographic they are actually aiming at.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    ^--I realize at my age I'm not in anyone's demographic these days unless they are selling Depends or Geritol........still I find Hollywood's lack of originality at times to be mind-boggling.

And if they want to aim at a different group due to age they probably should shy away from using the Magnum P.I. tag altogether. .....still wondering on which show after T.C. calls the new female Higgins "higgy baby" she files a sexual harassment charge..........or if the dobermans will have pink ribbons on to show they are also now female as they take a bite out of Magnum's backside.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion