tuscl

Customs

Countryman5434
I entered the dragon and was never the same
So what do you tell customs when they ask why are you going to mexico the truth? How about when us customs say what are you bringing back from mexico you say i hope nothing lol. Just curious what you tj mongers say to customs if they ask

28 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Sightseeing ! You're not excited about this trip, are you ?
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the tip! My god yes warrior15 just counting the days to latina heaven lol
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I don't know of a better way to spend a vacation being in this truck all the time gets old!
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    It doesn’t really matter. Their not asking because they want to know. They are screening people for suspicious behavior. If you look nervous they might pull you aside for search and questioning. Just tell them your taking a vacation.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I tell them i come for the tacos.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    I just say tourism the few times they have asked. Most of the time they don’t though. Just hand them the paper and they stamp it and you are on your way.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “Going to Tijuana to have fun with your sister.”
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    The usual responses at international borders are “business” or “pleasure.” It’s pleasure for you, business for them.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    "we're scientists here to exchange genetic material" lmao
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I have a crush on nicespice!
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    In the pre e-passport days when asked by immigration officers at Heathrow on coming back to the u.k. "where have you been" I always replied "none of your business ". Cheeky fuckers.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @londonguy, you ever get any shit about that? I’ve heard some stories about US citizens returning home who’ve been detained for that sort of thing.
  • TheFword
    6 years ago
    Crossing into Canada back in the '80's on the way to the SCs just across the border I told them the name of the club we were going to. "Coming up for a little culture eh? Have a good time". Returning to the US regardless of how long I was in country or what else I did I found the answer to "Where have you been?"
    I would say I was just at the strip club.. They interpreted just as "only" while it really meant recently.
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    Londonguy, you have it right. It's none of their business what you do outside of their country. Customs don't enforce laws of other countries. Might piss off a customs official but too damn bad.

As for coming back to the US after an evening or week of debauchery in TJ, if nothing else here are some options: "culture exchange with the putas", "just bringing back herpes, nothing more", "looking for a wife", or any other countless options.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Lol at corvus
  • pensionking
    6 years ago
    I say "Leisure" or "Tourism".

Food and drink.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @LondonGuy I usually when passing thru customs just say “why are you writing a book”
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Tell them you're an engineer there to lay out plans for the border wall.
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Seriously, though, I've crossed over six times and told them the same thing each time, "Going to the clubs in Tijuana for a few hours," and was not hassled once. Pretty sure they realize that's what men do.
    6 years ago
    If you want to spend an extra hour or two there just be a smart ass to the wrong official having a bad day. He, or usually a she, will be delighted to make their bad day your bad day, and they hold ALL the cards. They can detain you indefinately, search you without cause, etc. and that is both directions. Fortunately, the vast majority of them are just trying to do their job and go home at quiting time.

If you can’t be nice or want to be the quitesential ugly American better you just stay home.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    The most I have had driving into Mexico is a couple of guys in lawn chairs asking me to pop the trunk, glance in and close it back up and wave me on. Mexico's real customs is when you're leaving the free trade zone and entering the interior.

US customs tends to lack a sense of humor, so: "i hope nothing lol" might get a response like, WELL WHAT *MIGHT* YOU HAVE WITH YOU??? DID YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WHILE YOU WERE IN MEXICO???"

Probably better to say: I'm not bringing back anything.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
  • aussiemd007
    6 years ago
    I just say going for drinks when I pass into mexico, and when returning met up with some friends for drinks. never had a problem....
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    @ gmd, corvus and twentfive. Most just smile and wave me through, some have the questioning of their 'authority' remarkable. I've come close to being pulled a couple of times but I refuse to say where I've been. Wankers.

If I do say a destination it's usually "The Moon" or The South Pole"
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @LondonGuy I’ve never had an issue, I travel frequently, all is for leisure, I find the customs agents at the cruise ports to usually have a friendlier outlook than at airports.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion