tuscl

Is follies overrated?

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:40 PM
Time for reflection

25 comments

• TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    No, it had always lived up to its fame, imo.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    hell no
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If one expects Vegas style dancer looks or Vegas style fancy club, then yeah it can be overrated
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    The service and value is still there but dancer quality and diversity has fallen way off.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    I dont know. I think people expect too much. You guys were spoiled before when white girls were giving cheap uhm nude dances and extras. That is a lot to ask imo. Was is it overrated then?
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I don’t think so, as long as you know what its rating really is. It’s a barely above dive bar jam packed with slutty girls offering entertainment at reasonable prices (although there seems to be some price inflation going on).
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I've never been. But I've seen videos and dancer IG accounts posted here. Based on that... meh.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    CMI: Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Right. I fully concede that I haven't been there, so my opinion should be taken with blocks of salt. That said, based on what I've seen over the intertubes it's not really my scene. But if I was in Atlanta, I'd give it a shot.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    If you prefer the so called “gentlemen’s clubs” you’ll probably be disappointed. If you like slutty girls, it fits the bill.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If upscale clubs are one's primary or exclusive preference, then Follies may not be for you - also if comfortable slow-paced clubs are one's pref, then one may not like Follies as it's often packed and kinda fast-paced
  • BigJuan
    6 years ago
    Any particular night of the week best for possible extras? I know that’s typically more of a daytime thing.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    The Super Bowl is coming to Atlanta, so I'd expect the famous follies to be back on track.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Like many things it can get overhyped, but traveling and going to other clubs makes me realize we are spoiled. With that said, I agree with Shadow’s assessment. Ishmael, I wouldn’t go to Follies if I was going by what is on social media.... it is not accurate based on day shift experience.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I have only been there once and I was a little disappointed then. But after reading numerous reviews, I have determined it was the time of day. I went at night when I should have gone during the day.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I don’t think it’s “over” rated, per se. Based on my single visit, I think it’s been represented pretty accurately, by both shadowcat and by most of the reviews I’ve read. It is what it is. It might be what you want, or it might not be. It might or might not have fallen from some former level of glory, but I don’t think it’s been made out to be something it’s not.
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    Follies day time is not overrated. It's Disneyland for PLs
  • Spillthebeans
    6 years ago
    Sometimes we build up our expectations too high and get disappointed. I have been only once a few years ago and have found I compare all trips elsewhere to Follies. I think that makes it the benchmark !@!
  • eyeamlong
    6 years ago
    If we are talking about Follies from 2008-early 2016 ... NO.... Middle 2016 to present day YES..
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Can't comment on the present, but based on my past visits, it isn't. By comparing that time to comments of today, I'd say yes!
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    It is what it is. If you want beautiful women in Atlanta, go to Cheetah. If you want extraordinarily high mileage and don't mind mediocre looking women, it doesn't get any better than Follies.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Mammoson is rite...you gay
  • BJ4015
    6 years ago
    If you are looking for just gorgeous woman, clean upscale amenities than Follies is not your place, but if you are looking for value and contact, nothing comes close. If you don’t agree then just go to Pink Pony or Oasis and you will remember what air dances are and why you went to follies to begin with
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    Based off review I'm not even sure it would be for me, but Follies is a club I hope to visit one of these days if I achieve the financial independence I crave. In fact, if I ever had the means I would love to travel the world and visit all the most notorious clubs to experience them for myself.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I've heard that Atlanta has many brothels too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion