tuscl

Food From Years Ago

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I’m alone a lot (at home) so that means dinner for one. The other day I was rolling through the grocery store and spotted Stouffers French Bread pizza. I probably haven’t had one of those since college.

Last night instead of eating the healthy grilled chicken i was supposed to, I popped open the Stouffers box and had 2 of those for a late night dinner. Hey it was only 40 grams of fat!!!! It wasn’t very good but that nostalgic feeling made it taste a little better. The bad part is 14 hours later I am still farting every 5 minutes and the roof of my mouth is still burnt.

I think I won’t be buying those again.

Any foods oh remember from yester-year that you haven’t had forever?

15 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Are you trying to be the understudy in the new movie soon to be in a theater near you “Juice, the Mane, the Mith,the Lejend Livs”
  • Itsmytime
    6 years ago
    Hairy teen pussy. For the past ten years it’s all been shaved. I prefer the original straight from the box.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    XLNT tamales was a favorite when I lived in SO CAL but only available throughout Southern California, and select locations in Northern California*, Las Vegas, Nevada**, and Arizona***.
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    For those who are old enough to remember TV Dinners, the salisbury steak option was truly an assault on GI integrity and gastronomic aesthetics.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^^ the brownie in those were decent.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I suspect that most of the packaged crap that you buy today won't taste like same packaged crap of yester-year anyway. As the race to the bottom continues in these food companies' never-ending effort to cut costs, the products invariably suffer.

Ice cream is a great example. There is only one brand (at least locally) that still sells some options that don't include gum additives.

Remember when soda and many dry goods were made with sugar instead of corn syrup? Remember when cookies and other baked goods were made with butter instead of oil?

Fortunately my wife is a fantastic cook and I am not horrible myself, so I don't miss out on many of my old favorites and she cooks them (or bakes as the case may be) the old fashioned way. But the race to the bottom, which has been going on for 30+ years now, has made most freezer and other prepared supermarket foods almost inedible.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    MREs. Kinda miss not shitting for a week...
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Totinos pizz. that used to be my favorite food

I also miss the original Hostess snacks and cereals taste different now compared to when I was a kid
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    I would have to say I miss homemade pies my grandma and mom use to make. Such good pies with real fillings, not that gelatin crap you see a lot at restaurants.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Those Stoufers French bread pizzas were great.

There was a breakfast snack called Danish Go Rounds - that you popped in the toaster. They were excellent. Lots of sugar and cinnamon. I preferred them to pop tarts.

I’m fortunate to have a great pizza shop that I can walk to - so I don’t do the frozen thing anymore.

Ring dings were good. Funny Bones were great.

Today’s cookies don’t taste the same - which is sad. Too many mass produced substitutions - to lower costs - and kill us quicker!
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    red baron french bread pizza is good. but id rather make it myself.

i miss the old skool monster cereals the most, the ones out now just dont taste the same
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Easy, Crispy Pizza.
  • JuiceBox69
    6 years ago
    Mr. Pee Pizza does that for me...mom and dad ran their own business and was always gone...I'd get home from school and microwave one or two of them bad boy's and be alright
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    ain’t any old fast food or tv dinners that i crave. specific foods that mom and my ex made are still among the amazing meals i like.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I thought this was about prepared foods n shit.

If its any food, my grandma's cooking. Anything she made was amazing. Ive never had basic shit like rice or beans like her's. Same with enchilada sauce, never had any that tastes just like her's. Even my mom cant make it the same.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion