tuscl

Decent Side Jobs/Gigs

Hello everyone.

What are some decent side jobs/activities that a young man with limited experience and education can get?

I have a full time job plus volunteer for overtime, but it would be nice to have a 2nd source of income that I can set aside for personal use.

Thank you for your responses.

49 comments

• flagooner
    6 years ago
    Pee Troll
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Aside from attracting troll comments, which are of questionable value in today’s job market, what skills do you have?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    You don't need many skills to be a Pee troll, just low morals
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Hey, were you calling me a troll???
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ why would he do that ?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    hustle
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    You sound imminently qualified to be a stripper boyfriend.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Tattoo Artist/Pee Troll they might be the same thing.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    JohnSMith69, thanks Ill take it as a compliment. I love my bitch whether she strips or not
  • Given that this is a stripper webstire, im vety surprised to see that no one proposed the option of being a male stripper ...
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^most of these guys are too fat and ugly to get a gig like that. ;)
  • ToyChaser
    6 years ago
    Donate sperm, male bottom prostitution
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Drug dealer.
  • @25 that makes sense, my bad...he sounded young though, which is why I just wanted to make sure it wasn't bc of the stereotype that stripping should be predominately for women bc men still be honored for being sexy (;
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ that was implied with my pee troll suggestion.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    you can get more strippers with drugs than money
  • Bc men can still be appreciated for being sexy(;
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ I got ninja'd.

My response was to Shailynn.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Hmmm I’m trying to be serious for once.

Evening gigs that probably won’t interfere with your day job:

Uber/Lyft driver

Bartender/waiter

Many retail stores need weekend help

Home repair/painter

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Learn to weld. MIG and stick; TIG if you're feeling ambitious. If you can breathe, you can weld (fair to mediocre). If you actually try and get good at it, you can make good money on or off the books.
  • Uber driver is a great option try it out^^. They jus require that youre able 2 drive and i know many ppl who got rich from it , let alone make decent side$$
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    UBER will put serious wear and tear on your car. I wouldn't do it unless your car has a pretty low book value already.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Uber is a great idea......on a more direct note I only know of one city in the USA with an Echo's Pizza and if you are there Amtrak is hiring both full and part time.....
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Parting out cars
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    IMO you'd be better off spending your free-time positioning yourself for a better-job/career - i.e. research what jobs that pay fairly-well and you'd think would be a good-match for your particular talents - college may not be for everyone and if this is the case for you then training/certification in a particular trade that pays well may be a good option - as the old saying goes "work smarter not harder"
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    Women are pickier than men and male strippers are in less demand so they actually need to have talent and experience and be total beefcakes.

If you’re not all that but decent looking.. you can get a gig at a gay club. My ex bf was a shot boy lol

Some of the barbacks at busy clubs make a lot in tips too
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I would say that the best is to start your own business. And then once you have done that, start some more.

Better to run the operation yourself, then to be an employee.

SJG
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Go to school and get marketable skills if you want the long view.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm treating this thread like a brainstorming session and am open to all ideas.

@ georgmicrodong

Skills? None, really. At least none that are accredited or have a degree behind them. If you were to ask me what I'm good at the list is slightly longer. I think I'm decently attractive, I'm a good listener, I enjoy writing and have been told I have a modicum of skill in it, and I'm still young so I have that most valuable asset of all: time.

@ flagooner

Honest question: how much does a pee troll actually make? We don't have those at any local clubs.

@ PhatBoy99

What do you mean by "hustle" and how would I get started with mine?

@ ToyChaser

I'll look up sperm donation and see what I can get for that. Honestly, if I had a stronger stomach I might even try being a gay prostitute but the thought of being bent over and penetrated by another man makes my stomach churn.

@ shailynn

Uber/Lyft is a possibility, but the industry is inundated. I'll try looking up information and see what local drivers are averaging to see if it's worth a try. I also need to factor in gas and wear and tear.

How much money do bartenders make and how would I get started?

@ Call.Me.Ishmael

Welding sounds interesting but I have almost zero experience working with my hands. Is that something I could learn at a community college or would I need to find a welding apprenticeship? How much money could I earn?

@ Warrenboy75

Thank you for the tip on Amtrak. My username is not based on an actual pizza shop, but from my interest in pizza in general. Now I know there's a place called Echo Pizza though.

@ PaulDrake

By parting cars I assume you mean taking cars apart and selling them for scrap? A Russian household near where I lived as a child did that out of their garage. How do I get started with that?

@ Papi_Chulo

Good idea about working smarter not harder. It's tough though because I just don't know quite what my passions or natural aptitudes are.

@ Nicole1994 @ zoey101

I'm not sure I qualify as a male stripper. I think I have a decent face and I could work out, but I don't know how to dance and my penis is just average in both length and thickness. Maybe being a cam boy?

Shot boy sounds interesting. Will I get groped by men though? I don't mind as long as they tip.

Barback sounds intriguing as well. Is there any skills or experience I would need, or do I basically go from bar to bar and ask to be hired?

@ san_jose_guy

What kind of business would you recommend I start?

@ tahoecruz

What skills do you see being marketable in the next 10-20 years? I made a separate thread which I believe you commented in which is about long term money and career. This thread is about finding something I can do that won't interfere with my primary job and can generate some funds for extracurricular activities.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Do a Google search for "welding classes" or "welding training" in your area. Some places offer single weekend classes just to give you a taste, or you can take longer-term training towards certification.

The pay will vary based on your skill and type of work. But a really loose range is from $17 to $50 / hour. I know a guy who is traveling the world on his welding skills. He shows up at autobody and fabrication shops, shows them what he can do, and gets paid cash under the table for as long as he's there.

It can be a side gig or a career. Up to you.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    WTF is it with all these suggestions to take up welding.

Is it the vocation du jour as bitcoin is to investing and libertarianism is to political philosophy?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    In my area (southern New England) they're desperate for welders due to all the ship building at Quonset and Newport News.

It has always been a highly marketable skill.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Welding has always seemed like a fun job to me. It's probably not, but still remember seeing welders working when I was a kid and being impressed. Maybe I could take up welding as a hobby.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Welding is fun until you're up on a utility tower trying to stick weld in shitty weather or stuffed into a bulkhead repairing someone else's shitty welds. I weld but not for a living. I know several guys who do, though.

I know other guys who make decent money doing furniture pieces, interior / exterior furnishings, and sculpture.

It's a very versatile skill. You can take it in many industrial or creative directions.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "What kind of business would you recommend I start?"

Of course that is going to come from you, but you will have much to learn, and the best sorts of things are usually those which are not really job, as much as being an asset which you run, but does not require your continual pretense.

I have made some progress in this direction myself, over the last 20 years. But now I have much bigger things in play and I am moving much further.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    ^
    Yeah that vague BS explains why you're so busy that you can come here every day and continuously post for 6 hours.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Fucked up thing is after twenty yeasts he still hasn’t started a business, yet he comes here every day about 4pm eastern time and opines on shit he knows less than nothing about, spams the board for about 4 hours then rides his huffy bicycle over to the homeless shelter so he can get in before the doors are locked so he doesn’t have to spend the night outside on the streets.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ TheeOSU and twentyfive, weeds that have got their roots into sidewalk cracks. They know absolutely nothing about anything.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Meanwhile I started a business over thirty years ago have been fairly successful and can afford to go to a strip Club occasionally unylike you I might know what the fuck I am talking about, Assclown.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^ relief is on the way 25
    https://www.exmed.net/p-3050-boudreauxs-…

SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^You need help with your anal fixation let me suggest you visit your Pentecostal friend in San Quentin Assclown
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ still gripping?

Need some grease injections?
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/q4FeaYOZGoo/maxre…

SJG
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    Thank you everyone for the additional responses. I hope this thread can serve as a resource for others in the future.

@ Call.Me.Ishmael

OK, I will see what welding training or jobs are available in my area.

@ san_jose_guy

Which resources would you recommend to learn how to start a business? Good luck with your plans with your business.
  • Pussylicker2
    6 years ago
    Sell stuff on eBay.
  • Pussylicker2
    6 years ago
    You can get stuff for free, check out the dumpsters near storage units.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    @ Pussylicker2

Interesting idea. I saw a couple videos where a guy would dumpster dive next to Gamestops and he would find used games and accessories that he could flip on Craigslist and eBay for a couple dollars each. How much money could I expect to earn if I did this?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Google 'online arbitrage'. You'll never get fantastically wealthy, but how much you make depends on how much you put into it.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    There are alot of catering/restaurants that need extra help on weekends. I have a friend whose restaurant does food tents at music festivals, and he always needs a few extra people to help with food prep or cashiering. He pays cash at the end of the day or weekend.

I'd strongly advise against Uber or Lyft, unless you are hard up to pay your bills. Once you factor in the depreciation on your car, gasoline, oil changes, and maintenance, you are making less than minimum wage. Most Uber drivers do look at their revenue and are not factoring in the costs. You will also find most people are cheap and do not tip.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    I'm curious what some of the posters here did for side money when they were in their teens and twenties.

@ Call.Me.Ishmael and sinclair

Thank you for your information.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion