tuscl

Anthony Bourdain Dead at age 61

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Friday, June 8, 2018 4:34 AM
CNN just announced this I was a fan of his Parts Unknown shows that was a guy I would have enjoyed heading out to a strip club with. R.I.P.

20 comments

• stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Holy shit, always enjoyed his shows. A guys' guy. RIP
  • zef8mich
    6 years ago
    CNN said it was suicide. He was supposed to make a four part documentary about Detroit 1963, but haven't heard anything yet
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Sad news. I agree - he seemed like a guy who would be fun to hit a club with. Painful to see this news twice in one week.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Be actually did a show at the Clermont Lounge in Atlanta.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    HE actually . . .
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Well there goes my mention of suicide yesterday. I was a big fan of his show.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Sad. He had a history of drug addiction that he had supposedly beaten. I'm surprised that he was just 61 - he looked older than me at 67. Ditto to mark94's comment. :-/
  • wildbourbon
    6 years ago
    ""Bourdain was once quoted that a Chicken McNugget was the most disgusting thing he ever ate,[59] although he declared that the unwashed warthog rectum he ate in Namibia and the fermented shark he ate in Iceland were among "the worst meals of [his] life."" Unwashed warthog rectum? Now I know why I never could get through one of his shows. I never like to hear about a suicide. RIP.
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Floored by this.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Watching his shows made you think he was one of the guys you hung out with. The great creative minds usually have many demons, and he often would give us insight to his demons. I wonder if and when anyone else can come along to take his place. He was one of a kind entertainer. I enjoyed traveling around the world with him from my living room TV.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Goes to show it doesn't matter how wealthy or successful a person is. They still are still human. It's sad that he brought joy to so many people and was still hurting inside. I saw some clips of him hanging out, just days before his death. He looked happy. I'm pretty sure he was still filming a show in Hong Kong. I believe when he first started it, he said it was one of the most fulfilling projects of his career. He had great things to say about Detroit, too. He really seemed to think of it as a phenomenal city. I was really saddened by the news. I always loved him as a guest judge on Top Chef. I always watch Top Chef, so that's when I really found out about how legendary he was and what kind of person he was. I don't know who in his life, if anyone, knew how much he was struggling inside. I wish we could destigmatize things like depression and addiction (both are very prominent in the culinary world) so more people will feel OK admitting they need help.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    [view link] I’m surprised they revealed his final texts but interesting insight. Whatever was going on, he just shouldn’t have done that. He left behind his daughter.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    Sounds like he was more into Asia then she was into him. Unbalanced “open relationships” often include violence.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    She called him possessive coz he didn't like her fucking other men...she killed him.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “I hate my fans, too. I hate being famous. I hate my job” What a fucking smug prick. Got news for you pal, you weren’t that famous
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    There's a lot of things all of us say when we think we're in "safe" spaces that probably don't hit right outside the inner circle. I didn't know the man, but I know lots of people who go through life with faceless people and their expectations constantly in their shit.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Maybe in the next version of TUSCL the Post button won't be one pixel from the text box lol...I was tired of typing that thought anyway
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Well btw I gotta say I love Anthony Bourdain’s and all his tv stuff (and I’m not even a big TV guy) going around the world, meeting all kind of people. He was obviously going through shit maybe not saying or doing the smartest stuff but I’m still bummed over it that’s he’s not with us.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I never really cared for him and I’m a big watcher of almost everything on the Food Network. Andrew Zimmern is a thousand times more watchable than Bourdain was
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion