tuscl

On International Whores’ Day, let’s talk about why strippers need better labor l

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
I always celebrate International Whores' Day.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/6/…

7 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think it’s important for prostitution to be legal throughout the USA. That is a huge oversight - and something each political candidate should support.

Criminalizing a profession is one of the worst ways to deal with something! Legal prostitution should be up there with legalization of pot.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    If the Fed and some of the states ( NJ being one of them) can figure out how to tax prostitution it will become legal.....until then NFW.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Cash

You lost me when you said

"Legal prostitution should be up there with legalization of pot."
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    6 years ago
    @Warrenboy75,

What makes you think it's any more difficult to tax prostitution than it is to tax any other service-related industry? Also, here in NJ, there's no sales tax on hair cuts, dry cleaning, and medical treatment, and yet all of those things are fully legal. Plus they seem to have found a way to get most barbers, dry cleaners, and doctors to pay their income taxes.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Let's not talk about applying labor laws to strippers, at least if you would prefer not to kill the industry as we know it.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I wasn’t aware of this important holiday. I think I’m going to celebrate by going to Follies.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Flagoneer what’s wrong with the legalization of both? The legalization of weed is important for medicinal and other reasons. The legalization of prostitution is sensible on basically every level.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion