tuscl

Community Moderation

Friday, June 1, 2018 5:21 PM
On another site that I frequent, we regard ourselves as a community and have the opportunity to moderate other members who do stupid shit... like post idiotic blog over and over again. Members can vote to mute the idiot for a day, a couple of days, or kick them off the site. It takes several votes to enact one of these penalties, but if you irritate enough people... just a thought.

19 comments

• s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Your idea sounds great. I just don’t know how easy it would be to implement. Either way, a lowlife scumbag like Trucidos will keep coming back regardless. At least then our collective efforts would ban him within a couple of minutes.
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    I second the motion. All in favor?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Not in favor - there are too many distinct personalities and POVs on here and people may start ganging up on those whose ideas they don't like - only someone that abuses the board like Trucidos should be banned; but not someone that others think should be banned b/c of what they post and it would probably happen and be abused. Only spammers need to get kicked out - not those that post off the wall opinions others don't like.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I disagree with this proposal strictly for selfish self-preservation.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I think it could be used for strippers that post on here but refuse to show us their tits - I mean really; have some courtesy
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I like that idea Papi, let’s ask founder to make it mandatory to have strippers show us their boobies ;)
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    well that may work great over on the discussion board about Jeopardy episodes but here we are a bunch of retards and sometimes one of us just goes off the hinges. Usually after that person gets back on their meds or someone restricts their internet access things return to normal. Well as normal as you can get when you consider what we discuss all day over here.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    We do encourage tit pics or BST (Backside Twat) pics from our female members. We generally get them too. It takes ALOT of votes to moderate someone, so usually that limits the chances of bullies ganging up on someone. Not saying it hasn’t happened, but it is pretty uncommon.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    No. I like the fact that anybody can say anything on this board. I have learned about Bitcoin (although it was off topic) and SA and how to date strippers. The ignore function let me get rid of Trucidos.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I don't know if that's the solution, but my guess is that within the next few days Founder will take the site offline to put some sort of throttle in place to stop serial posting. But who knows?
  • BrotherFogHorn
    6 years ago
    Da lawerd is da moderately around here
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    BrotherFogHorn what are you doing this weekend? Going to strip clubs, playing poker, or trying to round up some new goats for San Jose Guy?
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    I vote to ban anyone who proposes moderation.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^rong it’s band and you need to vote properly!
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    King Me Bitch
  • ProudLiberalHusband
    6 years ago
    You are King
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    On most all forums which have moderators, it is these moderators, people on high horses, who are the real trolls. TJA is an example of this. TUSCL works because it has remained open. Ignore is enough of a remedy for trouble makers. SJG
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    Honestly no bullshit I agree 100% Founder is good people
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Most of the time when they have moderators people get even more argumentative. The moderators don't really read the threads closely. They just go with the herd. So people have to argue to defend their reputations. The moderators become the real trolls. Totally like this on TJA. SJG Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo [view link] SRV - Little Wing [view link] Great Possibilities In Georgia, If They Can Get Enough Voter Registration and Turnout [view link] SEX WORKERS & COMMUNITY PROTEST TO OPPOSE FOSTA/SESTA Harmful legislation does nothing to support sex workers or survivors of trafficking [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion