tuscl

New Dancer

Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:35 PM
I plan on becoming a dancer. I am 20 years old about to be 21 in a few days. I know dancing isn't easy I've been doing my research. I currently reside in Maryland but there is not many clubs here and i want to have options just in case i don't do well in an audition. Yes i know it's not easy money and yes i know there will be slow nights. Though i need a bit of money to cover me for a little bit. If you know any states that would be good to dance in or anymore more tips in dancing i'd love to hear about it. Thank you.

59 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Welcome to TUSCL and to stripping. Lots of women ask these types of questions. We have had dancers here who warn against green grass stuff. Start close to home, see for yourself. We have lots of people in Maryland. How much time have you spent in strip clubs looking at how things go. If you have not done this, then you likely don't really know how it goes. Broad range of clubs. SJG
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Show us your tits in your avatar so we can give an informed response.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    cocoachanel, It has started already. Please let me apologize for the rudeness of some of our members. When we do have female members posting, it really does help this forum. So please, feel free to post on existing threads and to start more of them. SJG
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I can't think of any good clubs in your area (if someone else can, please help out). Idk where in Maryland you are, but is Philly only a couple hours away? There some clubs there where you can make money. Although tbh, depends on your look... You haven't told us much about your race/size, not that I'm trying to pry. If you just want some decent money, you could travel to Philly and dance a couple days straight and then go back home.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Ok forget what I said about race, I can see your avatar pic. The rest of what I said still applies though lol.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Well i am african american 5'5 and weigh 115 lbs. I am slim. Size bra is 34b wear size 2 or 3 pants i dont know my waist size i know its sad. Though i've been told numerous times i have a nice butt for my size. Yeah i was thinking about going to Philly. Thank you for your help.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    You're welcome... Some clubs can be discriminatory against black girls, but your proportions sound great and I definitely think you can get hired and make money.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Thank you and it means alot. Also, I have no dancing experience and I'm not flexible but have started stretching. Should i look on youtube for routines and stuff?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Have you spent time in strip clubs, so that you know what goes on. Broad range of clubs. And we have a bunch of people who know all about Maryland and Philly. I hope you have looked at our club listings. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If that's you in your avatar then part of the issue is that the good $$$ clubs often don't hire many, if any, AA-dancers - the reality is that your choices are gonna be kinda limited no-matter where you go. Many AA dancers only have AA clubs as an option - and whether you get hired at a mid-tier mixed-club as an AA-dancer is kinda a crapshoot as it seems that even mixed-clubs that hire AAs seem to have a cap on how many they hire. Atlanta is obviously a place where many AA folks end up moving to and there are a lot of AA clubs there; but except for one black-club (Club Wax); they all pretty-much require a dancer-license that can be b/w $150 and $350 depending. Follies in Atlanta is mixed and hires a good # of AAs and has pretty-good $$$-potential but it's not automatic that you will get hired and probably harder than at a black club.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    No I haven't. I don't want to go into a club and not throw any money i think that's well in my opinion rude. Yeah i've been reading reviews about alot of those clubs. Thank you for your help i really appreciate it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    As a petite-ish AA girl IMO/IME you actually have a bit-better chance to get hired at a mixed-club, vs if you were thick - and as a petite-ish AA girl you may actually do-better in a mixed-club than an AA-club where often times the thick girls w/ the huge booty are the ones that get most of the love. IDK enough about the NE scene to know which club would be a good-fit for you though.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    I'm guessing AA means new dancer. Yeah I've been thinking of either going to Atlanta or going to Philly. I know my chances are limited since I'm an AA. Though when you got nothing to lose you got to give it all you've got.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    You don't need to feel bad about going into a club and not spending $$$, especially as a female - probably most of the crowd in a strip-club just look and don't spend much if anything beyond cover and a drink.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Many clubs are not really even worthy of being called strip clubs. The reason I ask is that you need to understand and you need to decide what you want to be getting into. For just one example, many clubs have dancers sign a sheet of rules, knowing full well that none of them follow that and that they would have no chance of making any money if they followed it. You just need to know that things are not always as they seem. I think it is caused by cell phones. Because of this, there is so much outside work going on, and then this comes back into the club in the form of extreme mileage. Not all clubs are like this, but many are. We have people here who will know about the clubs in the areas you have mentioned. SJG
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    I have seen cute slim black girls at a lot of mixed clubs with mostly white and latina dancers. The caveat is that most mixed clubs seem to prefer a sweet college girl/princess type club persona rather than ratchet.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    I know there will be rude customers. Customers that don't want to pay. Dancers that get drunk before dancing or get high before dancing. Or get caught up in drugs. There are girls that have sex with clients. Well i heard alot of them do. Girls do bachelor parties to make extra money. Some nights can be really slow. This is what I've heard.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I think you should consider Philadelphia. Great night life and good money potential
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Thank you I appreciate the advice.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Also, I have no dancing experience and I'm not flexible but have started stretching. Should i look on youtube for routines and stuff?" YouTube might help, but it'll mostly be filled with pole dancers and not women showing you how to actually strip. But it might be useful if you can find any decent vids on how to actually be a stripper. You don't have to know pole tricks or be flexible to start out... at a more upscale club, and even some mid-tier clubs, you don't even have to know how to dance; you just have to know how to accentuate your sexiest features and flirt with guys to convince them to do lap dances / VIP. Lap dances will not require great dancing skills. If you know how to grind on a dick, you can easily use that same motion (lol) on your dances (without actually having contact with the penis). Make your dances sensual. Pole work, flexibility, and dance ability is something you'll learn best on the job. You'll see other girls doing certain things and have a better idea of what guys find sexy and what they don't.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    True thank you so much for the advice!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Being a dancer is less about dancing and more about flirting - it's not "Dancing with the Stars" - some clubs are picky about stage-routines particularly certain black clubs that have a rep for that; but most clubs the girls don't do anything too-special on stage and most people don't seem to care. The bigger problem as an inexperienced dancer is how comfortable you are w/ contact - in some areas touching a dancer is not allowed (e.g. Washington, DC) - in other areas if you don't grind and let custies grope you during the dance, it'll be hard to make $$$.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Oh and here AA means African American when describing a dancer.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    I can do that i love talking to people and I'd be comfortable with contact. Like no bs I would actually be really good at it.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    No problem.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    AA = African American (black)
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I think you should look into a living arrangement in the city or 30-45 minutes from the city. Don't just look into the SCs in the city as there are some very good suburban locations. If you want some advice on good spots to eat in the city or in the suburbs, then let me know
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Thank you.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    You're from philly?
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    I'm from the area so I know the area well
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    It might not be apparent externally what goes on in a club. But in some clubs there really are no limits. All I am saying is try to be aware of what you are getting into and make careful decisions. Also, don't let people lure you far from home. Try to see if you can start as close to home as possible. You've told us your age and weight and we see your face. You can dance anywhere you want. But as far as what goes on in clubs, it is often far more than is externally apparent or than the management or other dancers will ever admit to. We have people here who will know about all the clubs in your area. Good Luck, SJG Led Zeppelin II [view link]
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Thank you I really do appreciate it. I was thinking of probably doing more so gentleman’s clubs.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Those are not necessarily lower mileage, especially with VIP Rooms. You just need to keep your eyes open, and of course it is best if you can at least start very close to home. Here, your state has lots of clubs, and we have people here who know about them. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    cocoachanel, You might find this discussion interesting: [view link] SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    A girl of your stated proportions, and with your lovely face, would be welcome in almost any club in Louisville, with the possible exception of PT’s downtown, and that only because of one manager who doesn’t like AA. The advice about just being sexy is spot on. Don’t focus on being “a dancer” so much as treating the customers like they’re human beings. Even if you hate ‘em. :)
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    Okay got it thank you!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If you go to the home-screen ([view link]), then click on "account" in thr upper right-hand corner, then click on "Account Settings", you can disable notifications so you don't get notified/emailed every time someone posts to your thread
  • Darkblue999
    6 years ago
    Did you try Gold Club or Hustlers at Baltimore. At Gold Club , there are few AA dancers that work night shifts on Wednesday to Saturday . I saw couple dancers at Hustlers during day shift. I think Gold Club would be perfect fit for you.
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    I'm not sure that's true about limited opportunities because you're black. I always see a fair amount of black dancers at gold club and hustler club. You know dancing at these clubs means you make most of your money from giving lap dances where you rub your body (usually butt) on men's erections? In reviews, the millstream inn often gets described as a good beginner club for a dancer. The reviews say the bouncers are pretty strict and management doesn't allow too much contact. Never been there myself. Good luck. You look pretty nice in your avatar.
  • Lofn
    6 years ago
    Check out [view link] It's a site geared toward dancers and it offers a wealth of information.
  • cocoachanel__
    6 years ago
    No I haven’t gone to gold club or hustlers but I’ll definitely heck it out thank you! Thank you yahtzee74. Lofn thank you so much I’ll go check it out.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    You're cute enough to be a dancer. You should visit some clubs as a customer to get a better idea of what they are like. You don't have to spend a lot of money. Then try dancing at a couple places, and you'll soon know if it's for you.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Due to your shape and size, your race is not a deterrent in New England clubs. Personality is hugely important in the clubs where dancers can make money. Caveat: Unless and until you establish a solid base of regulars who just want lap dances, you are going to be competing with dancers as attractive as you, or hotter, who do extras. Just the way it is around here. A full-contact lap dance in MD, is called an air-dance in RI.
  • Darkblue999
    6 years ago
    Skibum, I should visit RI clubs one day.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    Wait, why is everyone encouraging her to dance? Li'l Momma, you're 20 years old. Invest in yourself and your future. Take classes on stocks. Do you know where the future is? Flight. Learn how to fly planes. Did you know there will be a shortage of air traffic controllers? They offer folks your age a damn near free ride if they attend flight control school. Sure it's a tough job, but you'll never be broke. If you were my little cousin, I'd tell you, wait a year don't dance until you're 22. Take a year off and invest in yourself. Take classes on accounting. Try to get an entry-level govt gig, that you can move up in. You're half my age. If I could go back to 21, I'd take accounting classes. Nobody says you have to ace it, just pass. You're young. Dancing is just for the body. Your mind lasts you more than a lifetime. Don't start dancing until you're 22. Intern at a govt office. Work for a local politician. Do something now that you can lean on in the future. Dancing only helps you out now. And I know folks will come running in here all breathless screaming she can do both: dance and school. Li'l Momma, fuck those cats. Listen to me: take a solid year off to focus on you and your future, mentally and intellectually. There's a million things you can get into at your age that'll set you up later on. Take classes on tv production. Take classes!!
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "Take classes on stocks." the stock market is a glorified ponzi scheme. SJG
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    But, Li'l Momma, if you're still trying to dance, here's my 2 cents: If you're from Maryland, why go anywhere? There's over 2 dozen clubs in MD. Who are you to seek out places outside of Maryland WHEN YOU'VE NEVER DANCED BEFORE? Conquer home first!! Especially if you're new to dancing. If you move out to Philly or Atlanta as a newbie, you first need to adapt to a new city and then learn how folks get down attitude-wise, out there. You're already in Maryland--a state that has a decent amount of strip clubs compared to its neighbors. Virginia and DC. Plus you already know how folks get down in Maryland. You know the music of the DMV, you understand the swagger. Go to Atlanta, you won't quickly get their swagger, etc. Find yourself getting swindled by cats who prey on out of towners. Especially since you're starting out and you are young. What's the rush? Why jump into 'big leagues' when you're just beginning? Always start and practice in your backyard first, ma. Take 6 months and start out at at least 2 different DMV spots... If I were you, visit every club you can available to you in the DMV twice. If you're really into research. And pick a club from that, to start out with, when you start dancing. Just to get your feet wet. Why move outta town when you're just getting your feet wet?
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    --->"Do you know where the future is? Flight. Learn how to fly planes." Was talking yesterday to a close to retirement American Airlines pilot and he said exact same thing. He said there is a big time commercial pilot shortage, that the active pilot population is predominantly older / nearing retirement, that there's a massive shortage on military non-fighter pilots (commercial pilot training ground), and that if you show up to military with any college degree whatsoever and a pilot's license you'll immediately become a commissioned officer and trained as a commercial grade pilot. That, and with the heavy increase in domestic and international commercial flights, gothamyte's observation here seems spot on.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Having big career plans is fine. But you have to make them. You can't let yourself be herd source influenced. And that is what you are getting her. Just disregard it. As far as strip clubs, definitely start close to home and learn all you can. Don't be lured by the grass is green stories which so many people traffic in. Good Luck, and please do keep posting here! SJG
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    The advice from gothamyte is less than terrible. Getting some FORMAL education is always a good thing. There is a shortage of airline pilots and being a black female, your odds of getting in are excellent. Indeed, your heritage and gender can open a lot of doors. Surprisingly, it does not take that much training. You don't want to be 40, having to do things that you are not comfortable with just to make ends meet, and no prospects because your skill set is limited to what you can do on stage. The best dancer tip I can give is NEVER open a conversation with, "Wanna dance?" You will be rejected 90 percent of the time by guys who might have bought dances otherwise. If a girl takes a few minutes to make a personal connection with me, her odds of making a profit go up substantially. I have bought dances from girls who were not my first choice physically, but who chatted with me a bit and came across as fun to be with, making a good first impression. OTOH, don't get so engrossed that you are providing free companionship. After a maximum of 10 minutes, then ask for dances.
  • Bigperrodog
    6 years ago
    Vegas, Los Angeles are good for new comers. Lot of club and work your way up Thing to consider. How would you react if your on stage dancing and you see a friend or family member sitting in the front seat of the stage?
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Note that to dance in Vegas, you will need a sheriffs' card. I am not sure what they cost or what the requirements are, but expect it to take some time to process.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Start close to home! Find out if you are ready for it. SJG
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    vegas and LA are the absolute worst places for a beginner.. OP this isn't the best place to ask for dancing advice.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    consider stripper web. But also start your dancing as close to home as possible. SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Or consider Mr Robinson’s advice to young Dustin Hoffman in the film The Graduate the future is plastics young lady, that’s where the future lies. ;)
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    6 years ago
    I agree with Darkblue999, GeorgeMD, Yahtzee and others. I’m a regular at Gold Club and occasionally goto other clubs in the area. Gold Club and Hustlers in Baltimore are probably the best bet for a young, petite AA with good conversation skills. Secong tier options could be Fantasies or Millstream (good starter club, but they take a much bigger cut of your dance money. Don’t stay there too long if you do go there.)
  • Carioca
    6 years ago
    Try Players Club. They seem to be hiring more younger and slimmer dancers lately. Relations between dancers and with customers are generally friendly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion