tuscl

How to Strip...Sober

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:40 AM
I liked this stripper story. It seemed gritty and real. "On my way out, I think about the coke in my purse and what it delivers: tingling teeth and the vacant, watery-eyed emotional distance. Vague horniness. No appetite. Coke wasn’t my thing, meth was, but I realize that for some girls, numbness is key to excelling here. Stripping is not only physically taxing but requires a knack for seducing and mauling strangers—ingesting their hostile sadness and offering kindness and boobs." [view link]

14 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Gee she didn’t even mention huffing computer screen cleaner. Guess that trick hasn’t tapered down to those aristocratics in San Francisco
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Well written and insightful too. It’s a good read. A stripper with a caring side, who knew she needed sobriety to be human. I give her credit for getting sober and working to stay sober.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    "The economy crashed and strip clubs were ghost towns for years, which allowed me the time and space to find other types of work and build a work-life balance." The time line for this would have been ? 2008/2009? The date on the article is recent but when was the last real hard and long dip in the strip club economy?
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    “I give her credit for getting sober and working to stay sober.” Good point, considering she’s bombarded with it all day at work. That’s just like if SJG worked at Victoria Secret, how could he not steal the panties? Juice working at Arby’s, how could he not eat all the curly fries? Twentyfive working as a bathroom troll at a stripclub, how could he not eat all the mints in the bowl by the sink?
  • EzilyConfuzd
    6 years ago
    "Hostile Sadness" is a strange euphemism for semen.
  • EzilyConfuzd
    6 years ago
    I've seen this type of delusional stripper before. The kind that thinks they are a saint from tits and ass heaven that has sacrificed herself to help the poor pathetic men that come to the clubs. She treats her customers with equal parts pity and disdain. She would have to be seriously hot (e.g., not the woman in the photo that accompanies the article) to put up with her line of self-righteous bullshit long enough to nut on her chin.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Shailynn - true. It’s like crazy joe going to a McDonalds with a working toilet. I’m sure the temptation can be overwhelming!
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    I have read that comment before that what finally gets to some dancers over time is some of the guys’ damn neediness.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Neediness? No! Lol! Some of the posts on this site might offer definitive confirmation of that statement.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    When I have encontered druggie strippers, I have found them impossible to interact with. Their minds are gone. I almost forgot to mention, this is Shailynn's last week of jr high school! Lets everyone wish him well! SJG
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Quitting is for quitters. ;) But seriously, she spent who knows how long making stupid choices and now she wants a statue erected for her because she now makes better choices. I'm guessing that her epiphany coincided with a decreasing ability to earn fast money due to age and/or weight.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I had to take a break from Legends for a minute, so I went to Deja Vu. While the girls drink in the locker room, I work sober. It has been amazingly eye opening realizing just how much is spent on alcohol per shift and how much more aware I am of my earnings, the customers, and the other dancers.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    my favorite dancer tend to be better when she has a slight buzz going.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    That must have been very interesting - dancing totally sober - LegendatLegends. A very different view of the entire night?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion