tuscl

How do I get a Canadian VPN?

azdd
On the prowl in Tucson and Phoenix
Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:03 PM
So I'm missing TER, and some of the other sites I used to surf that are down in the US due to FOSTA. I hear that TER can be viewed if one uses a VPN to log in from a Canadian IP. Can someone tell me (in layman's terms) how to do this? Thanks!

9 comments

• galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Download IPvanish and log in with a Canadian location. Google it just to be on the safe side but I use mine from England, Australia etc all the time for Kodi on my Amazon fire stick. It's $10 a month and one of the best VPN on the internet.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I can confirm that site is accessible as of not from a Canadian VPN. I use private internet access and here is a tutorial on setting it up for windows: [view link]
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Google "VPN service". Look at some blogs and articles rating the various services. The free ones are crap. You'll need to spend some money. For many, you just download and run the installer. Many of them are relatively user friendly.
  • lurker88
    6 years ago
    For cheap lifetime vpn deals check stacksocial (they are a general deal site but in my experience they almost always have at least one vpn package listed). I picked up one for lifetime access for 10 devices for 50 bucks (this was almost 3 years ago).
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    IDK much about this subject but I believe the TOR Browser is free and it gives you an international IP address although it's slow but if you just need limited use it may be good enough
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Tor is a viable solution. That said, some sites don't work on Tor, but will work on a VPN.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    so will this work on an iPhone and an iPad ?
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    I use btguard personally.....you can pay monthly, quarterly, yearly....no bandwidth throttling or limits
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Or you can just move to Canada (just trying to think outside the box here)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion