tuscl

PayPal, Venmo, cash, ApplePay, etc

TonyT2
what the worlds needs now is love, more love.
There are a lot of cash apps out there. PayPal, Venmo and ApplePay let you pay with CC. But with PayPal and Venmo it appears after a few payments you can’t make anymore. Customer service will only tell you they declined for security reasons... the charges never make it to the CC.

I’ve used ApplePay only once but you have to trust the person you are paying since you have to do it through messages (I did change what address the message came from)

So what is your experience with cash apps? OTC, SA, ITC?

ITC PayPal is less expensive than the atm and funny money.

8 comments

• Playademan
    6 years ago
    Think Ill always stick to cash for my extra curricular activities. Id go to my bank before the club if I really didnt want to pay ATM fees, but if not Id just pony up the 10-20 bucks or whatever outrageous rate they charge.
  • Playademan
    6 years ago
    although i have used my CC for more expensive ITC activities, and i just pony up the 10%+ extra they charge since at that point, im usually all in.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I only pay with BitCoin.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I try to stick with cash. But with an ATF who I know well and have pretty deep trust with -- as in, trust level of "I let them stay over my house", they know my real name, etc. -- I use Venmo. Never had any of the issues you're having regarding declines for security reasons.

So far, SA is 100% cash, ITC is 100% cash, I've paid a couple of really tight ATFs with venmo when I didn't have cash on me, or we were apart
  • TonyT2
    6 years ago
    Cash is king. Anyone use those cash apps and come have it haunt you?
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I've used Venmo for a couple of years now---the only issue I have ever had was very specific to the speed of a transaction and it was due to a holiday weekend. It appears some banks regardless of if you want to transfer money immediately simply do not make the transaction until the next business day.

I use Venmo sparinging ( mostly with my one ex I have referenced on here) and never with anyone I didn't have a long term relationship with ( multiple years)
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I'm a cash fan. My strippers seem to be too. The one occasion where I didn't have cash, didn't realize it, and she was on her way out the afternoon after, she told me just catch her next time. She was back a week or so later and I paid up front for both nights.

I do send money to people with Zelle all the time, a couple people with Paypal a few times a year, and I've used Venmo. I've never had the issue you're having.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I use the barter system, it works great.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion