tuscl

Stripper/Dancer or Bartender

Syldana
New York
Hey ladies
I’m currently in a dilemma here.
I’ve hit a crazy plummet in my financial setting, & am currently out of work
I’ve been hitting dead end interviews and have decided to take on either becoming a stripper or bartender to make things get back to being afloat again
The only thing though is deciding between the two of which I should go for. Im very social, outgoing, carefree and am often called the life of the party and wild one of the group.
I thought of stripping because I can easily make back the losses that have came with this past month but my only issue is if I’ll be accepted by the owner and patrons
I thought of Bartending but the only thing with that is it’s harder to get my foot in the door with it.
What are your thoughts of what I should go for?

20 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    You won't find many ladies on this site. Try Stripperweb. com.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    This site is mostly strip club customers.

Try StripperWeb.com which is a site mostly of dancers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    But we're def an experienced bunch here and can give you solid feedback from a customer's point of view.

Post some pics to imgbox.com and what area/city you would wanna dance in and we may be able to recommend some clubs based on your particular look/build.
  • Syldana
    6 years ago
    Okay thanks, sorry about that
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Places rarely need bartenders when compared to the number of dancers a strip club needs. If you’re decent looking with a good body and don’t mind being naked, strip.
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    "The only thing though is deciding between the two of which I should go for. Im very social, outgoing, carefree and am often called the life of the party and wild one of the group."

I don't think any of this really sets you apart from any other dancer when it comes to making money. It really comes down to whether you are decently attractive and have a hustler's mentality. Dancing is a customer service job at the end of the day.

I personally would become a bartender because some of them make more than the dancers
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    Bartending seems like it'd be a good fit for you. I haven't taken account your attractiveness. I would think being more attractive and social than other people would mean more money
  • Syldana
    6 years ago
    Keeping it real, I know my looks are average and not really “society’s demand”. I’m beautiful but not exotic looking, average height, “slim thick” build (for lack of a better term via C cup, size 9-11 pants, that sometimes flat, sometimes pouch stomach, thick thighs), often get mistaken for 16/17 when I’m actually 21
  • Syldana
    6 years ago
    I only mentioned the personality thing as a description
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    "Keeping it real, I know my looks are average and not really “society’s demand”. I’m beautiful but not exotic looking, average height, “slim thick” build (for lack of a better term via C cup, size 9-11 pants, that sometimes flat, sometimes pouch stomach, thick thighs), often get mistaken for 16/17 when I’m actually 21"

Your idea of average will be different than other another's. There are many dancers that are "not exotic looking." I've seen many that are somewhere between short to average in height. Dancing isn't some kind of job where you need to be really attractive. You can get by as a 7 with a hustler's mentality. If you want to get an idea, I see most dancers as around low to mid 7. Every now and then there will be a dancer above an 8 and below a 7
  • Syldana
    6 years ago
    You’re right. It’s just intimidating (for me at least) going on the social media accounts for some clubs and knowing that I don’t fit the common image of their dancers. But you’re right though, carrying a hustler’s mentality is a major key when it comes to dancing
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Are you talking about bartending specifically at a strip club? I would bet that job is hard to get but being a waitress at a strip club is pretty easy and they make decent tips.

Have you ever been to a strip club? If not it might not be what you are picturing. Other than black clubs you probably aren't going to get up on stage and dance and make a ton of money. It is hard work especially physiologically. You will have to grind on old dudes boners. You have to sell yourself which means you are going to get rejected a lot. And there will be rude and hateful comments about your appearance (not to say that there won't be far more positive comments).

In my opinion all dancers should at least waitress in a strip club for at least a day before dancing. It lets you see what is involved first.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I think I made it sound worse than it is. There are good sides as well. Even if you are sort of average looking there will be guys that will be WAY into you and be massively complimentary.

You might want to mention what general location(s) you are looking at dancing in. The level of contact (touch) varies a lot depending on where you are. Some places have no touching, one way, or most allow 2 way touching.

Best of luck!
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Strip clubs are always hiring. You should try dancing at a club and see if it's for you. If you don't like it, you can try waitressing or bartending.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    A few tips - first off you should visit a local strip club and see how it feels. If you enjoy the club - and your body type is similar to the bodies of other dancers - then it might be worth a try.

Bartending requires more knowledge - and training - so you might not qualify to bartend. Waitressing might be a decent option.

Good luck!
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    I am shocked that nobody asked Syldana to post pictures of her tits. Shocked!

Syldana, if you were insulted by our failure to request pictures of your tits please let me rectify that situation!

Fellow TUSCL posters, remember that pictures of tits = brilliant!

I also like the sexy girl butthole pictures, but maybe that is just me.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I got to this thread 14 minutes too late.

Post a few tit pics. It's the only way we can really give advice and give you an accurate picture of your earning potential.

Also, what level of services are you willing to provide?
  • bvino
    6 years ago
    Most places will not hire a bartender w/o working them as a waitress or a bar back first. I was a bartender for 7 years . There is a trust factor at work because of the cash. It would be a lot easier to become a stripper as they don't have to go through rigors of becoming a bartender.As far as hustle goes,there is a lot of lying in both professions but the payoff is higher for hustle as a stripper. My best nights bar tending were in the $250-$400 range. Average nights were less than a $100.00. I don't have the face or tits that most strippers have and not being female i did't get the loser tips that my female partners did. Good luck and send pictures.
  • sweetjamesjones
    6 years ago
    You may want to go the bartender route since you are in New York. Last year some of the black & hispanic dancers got fed up with the bartenders making more $ than them so they went on strike. The bartenders in NY have become the main attraction in a lot of clubs.

https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/wjpp…

• Jascoi
    6 years ago
    do both.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion