tuscl

Am I the only one that didn’t know...

abqspencer
somewhere fun
Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:35 PM
That when you see a stripper on stage doing amazing spins on the pole, that the damn pole is actually spinning? Spent a bit of time last week at Bourbon Street in Phx and talked to numerous dancers. One, Jade, that is excellent on the pole, we discussed how hard some of them work up there. I told her that her moves are incredible. She was explaining about the pole spinning and some clubs don’t have poles that spin, they are stationary. Blew my mind. I mean, it makes sense, but I juts honestly never knew it or gave it much thought. Happy Easter! :)

23 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It’s very interesting to hear that. I thought the poles were stationary. Is this some sort of strip club customer April fools joke?
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Some poles spin, some don’t.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I didn't know either till I saw it mentioned in some reviews, I assume most don't. I noticed for myself a few months ago when I was at a club where the pole had lights and one could tell it was spinning [view link] looked closely enough,
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    i thought they were all stationary
  • WillMunny
    6 years ago
    Sheesh, don't any of you guys "talk shop" with your favorites? Next you'll be telling us you had no idea that lucite heels were an expensive necessity.
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    It would be nice to spin that smoothly and majestically on a stationary pole, but physics and science just don't allow that. Spinning poles always make tricks look more mesmerizing, but it's about a 50/50 split for the clubs that do have them and the ones that don't. Actual pole fitness studios have a whole variety of poles that don't just offer moving and not moving too.
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    Just another thing adding to the illusion. Even with a spinning pole, the moves some perform is really astonishing.
  • rattdog
    6 years ago
    how would a stripper feel if a customer's pole had a unique way of spinning/rotating during a hj? would she scream?
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    I would have put money on it that BSC pole didnt move because one dancer named Kira who does amazing pole work has rough patches between her legs from spinning on that thing. I was shocked when I was touching her down there how calloused it was.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    in talking with the girls most prefer stationary poles.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Maybe the most interesting thing about this thread, is how many tusclers didn't know the pole spins! (in some clubs)
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    In my defense - my go to club is low budget - and doesn’t have poles.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    Maybe the most interesting thing about this thread, is how many tusclers fell for an obvious April Fool's joke. Spinning poles...ridiculous
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    From a lot of the dances I've seen, one would think that the pole is stationary as well. I don't think it's possible to be able to spin like some of the dancers do without the pole itself being able to spin as well
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I would have thought you were the only one until I read the responses.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Club Lust in Greenville SC has a spinning pole and a key dancers can use to lock it so that it doesn't rotate. I do not believe the little pole on the side stage spins though. The bouncers advise dancers not to climb up on it very much or it could fall as well. It's more for show than the one on the main stage.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    Bourbon Street in PHX has a spinning pole. Just checked and I see it spinning.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    Stop it, just stop it. When we talk about "spinners" on here, we're not talking about stripper poles.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    Think about it, if the pole was spinning, what would happen if a dancer's grip slipped? We would have dancers being randomly flung across the room.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    Interesting. I usually don't care much for stage shows though
  • abqspencer
    6 years ago
    galiziabob...that's the one where I first heard about it!
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Next time I go to a club (uh, that would be tomorrow), I'll watch for a spinner doing tricks on the spinning pole - spinning in stereo.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ just go up on stage and check for yourself if the pole spins
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion