tuscl

Burner phones - should I get a new one?

Cashman1234
He/Him - He’s a filthy pig. That’s him in VIP with another whore.
Friday, March 23, 2018 2:21 PM
I’m definitely over-thinking this. I have an old burner phone - the blackberry format - with an actual keyboard - and a small screen. It works for texting. But it’s not useable to view any dancer photos. Would a nicer burner phone be worth it? Or is it best to stay with the cheap old one? It serves its purpose. I know it won’t get stolen. It draws attention - since most folks don’t expect to see it. Sadly, it doesn’t have a good quality camera - so I can’t take good dick pics to send to whores. So maybe that’s a good enough reason to get a nice new one!?

21 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Just get a Polaroid works best for dick pics. ;)
  • lolruned
    6 years ago
    What about Google Voice?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - the old non-smart phones are not very usable and no Web or GPS - if you can get a good deal on an avg quality non-latest-model smartphone I think it's worth it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ plus the girls will not think you're way out of touch using a Blackberry
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I use a second line on my smartphone. Far more convenient. If you are worried about your spouse getting into your phone, among the things you can do are: - Turn off notifications & the ringer when you're around your spouse - If you don't trust yourself to do that manually, use tasker to do it automatically so you don't make any mistakes - Use an app-hiding program to hid the 2nd-line app (and all its text messages, pictures, call records, etc) For myself, I always felt that having a second burner phone was more of a risk than having a 2nd line on your smartphone; verrrry difficult to explain why you have a second phone, and in fact pretty obvious to her immediately why you might have one
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    Samsung Galaxy has a secure folder section, essentially a password protected phone within a phone (with its own apps, test messages, contacts, etc.... It's been a lifesaver for me.
  • ArtsBrother
    6 years ago
    Don't mock the Blackberry. As far as I know Blackberry's encryption has never been hacked or compromised in any manner. I can still use mine and I absolutely love the keyboard. I detest any device that requires touchscreen manipulation.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Thanks. I think it’s worth it to pick up a better burner. I feel like one of those guys on the consumer cellular commercials when I whip my blackberry style phone out in the club!
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Can someone remind me why you want to throw away phone numbers? Don't want a particular girl calling? Can't you just block the number instead?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    orionsmith -- not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but most people want a second line or a burner phone primarily for anonymity. With your real cell phone number, most anyone can basically find out anything about you, right down to where you live. Also, if a gf/spouse gets their hands on our phone, we don't want her seeing texts from our strippers right there in the text list. In addition, most of us don't want to block our strippers from calling, but we may not want to get notifications from them at certain times (like when we're with our family), but that's easily handled with a burner phone (turn the phone off) or a 2nd line (turn off notifications from that line)
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    I would agree with a21985 the secure folder on all newer flagship Samsung phones is the ultimate solution. As previously mentioned it is essentially an entire second phone inside your phone. And it is hidden behind a password on a non-descript app. You can have completely distinct copies of any app you want, a second set of social media profiles, a different set of contacts, photos, etc. With google voice inside the secure folder you have a free second line ready to go. Additionally you can rename the secure folder app and change it's icon to look like something non-descript (for example make it look like an app for stocks or baseball). If you do use the secure folder you need to be careful with the settings and make sure all notifications for it are off. Then in google voice make sure turn off forwarding for both calls and texts. Here is a video overview: [view link] It is also worth mentioning you need to be careful if you have two sets of social media accounts. Facebook can see that both are in the same place at the same time and will suggest your secret account as a potential friend to contacts in your vanilla friend list. Even if your accounts are never linked it will out you. I would recommend keeping all location services off on your secret account but even that might not work. This seems to be more of an issue for strippers than customers.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    ^^ The issue of social media is, without a doubt, the big downside of 2nd line over burner phone. Most of my social media is only for socializing with strippers anyway, so I don't mind if I show up as suggested friends for them, or vice versa. But of course, my fake social media probably shows up for family and friends also, so I use a fake name without a picture -- so they have no idea who it actually is
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I will have to search to see if my cell phone number shows up in any searches. It may not because it's relatively new and I never shared with any social media that I remember.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I did a couple internet searches. One site did not know my name but did get the city correct. Another site listed my city as Knoxville. No name either. I think not linking my name and cell phone to anything has made my cell identity invisible from ordinary searches. Anyone have a free search method to try to verify this? I've hidden my landline number from most internet searches as well. I use that number whenever a site requires a number.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Just FYI, the for-pay reverse search sites do better than just googling. Good sign that a simple free search can't connect you, though! You don't have to have shared it with social media. If you ever made, for example, an internet purchase, and used your name and that phone number, the better for-pay sites might have it now... which is how I assume they sometimes hit on mobile numbers and even google voice
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    My concerns are privacy. I have a non-burner phone that contains my personal data. I know that Facebook mines basically everything (and who knows what other apps do) - and I prefer to keep things separate. I know that it’s not very difficult to find a person from their cell number. With a burner phone - it’s simple to keep everything separate. I’m divorced - so I’m not worried about being discovered by a spouse.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Bluetooth is not capable of running some of the apps that dancers use to communicate. I knew a dancer that responded relatively quickly on WhatsApp, but would take days to respond to a text, if ever. I keep a separate phone.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Bluetooth...? I meant 'Blackberry'.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    Burner app
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I usually use a one or two model year old refurb for my burner phone. I replace it every 6-12 months with a new physical device, a new number, new accounts, etc. I sometimes use my old personal phone as a hand me down to myself when I upgrade my personal phone. I go back and forth though, sometimes I just use a google voice number on my regular phone. I don't have anyone to hide from, and I don't use social media personally nor with strippers. I've already got a 2nd phone for work, that jump from 2 phones to 3 is really a lot, so its not always worth it. I tend to talk to only a few strippers, once I know them decently well I don't mind giving them my real #.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Cash: makes sense. not the risk tradeoff I've made, but you're in a better position than me for knowing what's best for you Like Ish, I occasionally run into girls who prefer WhatsApp or Kik over texting. For me, at least, that's rare enough that it's not really a factor. Of course, again for me, once I reach ATF status with a girl, I do enjoy being on her instagram and especially Snapchat, for the ease of access to prurient content. Have also been doing live video with the ATATF over Duo, which is supposed to have end-to-end encryption, and at this point I hope it does :) lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion