tuscl

Old white guys making it rain... and doing it all wrong...

PaulDrake
Off again on again PL
So in the past few months on day shift in a mostly white club where there have been middle aged to older white guys trying to do the making it rain thing. Except they get it terribly wrong. They just go up to the stage and throw a handful of dollars at a dancer. Then they never seem to wait and make sure the dancer is looking at them, so then the dancer has no idea where the money came from. And they don't make any attempt to have their dollars land on the stage.

Anyone else seen this?

23 comments

• lolruned
    7 years ago
    I've had multiple instances where a white patron has just thrown a handful of dollars at a stripper on stage with her back to him. I'm not sure if it's whether the fact that the stripper probably doesn't know where the money is coming from that gets me more upset or the fact that the guy isn't "properly" making it rain. I guess there's no proper way to make it rain but it'd look a lot cooler, I suppose, if the patron's did it in a more suave way
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    I've seen a few black guys do this, too, so apparently it's an equal-opportunity problem.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Are you sure these guys are rain-challenged, versus they just think making it rain is ghetto or cheesy so tipping her their own way? It's pretty uncommon for me to tip heavily at the stage, but when I do, I couldn't be less interested in making it rain. LOL at a guy who thinks I'm "making it rain wrong"... I have more than my share of faults, but "attention whoring douchebag" isn't one of them :)

'course, it could be that you're right, they're actually making it rain wrong ... that just wouldn't be my initial thought, given how many of us think making it rain is so cheesy. But, you DO have to make sure the stripper knows you're the one who tipped her
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    My first experience with seeing it rain like this was in Club Blaze, an Atlanta black club, and it was black guys doing it. I figured that it was just a black thing. A brother tipping a sister.

I have never made it rain. I hardly tip on stage.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Lol.
  • PaulDrake
    7 years ago
    @Subraman - My main point that they are doing it wrong is from not making sure the dancer sees them.

The other day a guy quickly walked up to the stage and threw a wad of cash. He looked embarrassed and almost instantly turned away and went back to his seat. Then the dancer turns around and falsely assumes I was the rain maker.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    There's definitely a "science" to it.

Fab making it rain on cardi b

https://youtu.be/CylAaTCTAXw
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    fuck making it rain...I just go up and tip them 5's, 10's , or 20....they seem to appreciate that more. I typically do this at a new place to get known quick...:)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Paul: absolutely agree that if you're going to tip, at least get some stripper credit
  • lolruned
    7 years ago
    If I were to ever make it rain, I would want to make sure that the stripper knows it was my doing. I guess some of these guys kind of go blank and are mainly doing it to impress the other patrons, rather than focusing on impressing the stripper. I do find it really tacky when a patron makes it rain
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "are mainly doing it to impress the other patrons"

Thats exactly who its for. Its for not for the stripper to notice. Its for everybody else to notice.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Time to go take a shit
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    I bet shitting can be fun
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah - as noted above - rain-making is about showing-off in front of others; not about getting the dancer's attention (it's about the rain-maker; not the dancer) - what they did is pretty-much the gist of rain-making; a crass "I got so much $$$ that I don't care about just throwing it up in the air"- basically just a show-off/hotdog move
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I like making it hail but I do it with Krugerands ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I make it rain via golden-showers
  • rogertex
    7 years ago
    ^^ ha ha - go papi go that's what dancers were missing - some real (acid) rain
  • rogertex
    7 years ago
    I'm with PaulDrake on this one.
    I'm myself am not into making it rain but many dancers prefer a $10 or $20 stage tip in the form of Dollar Rain over their body versus a newspaper-stack toss. A $50 or $100 rain - no contest - that will make the dancers day.

I suspect the guys who toss the stack and run back are either newbies or shy or wanna be the coolest thing in the club.
    I've see some guys rain it well - and one club also offered rain guns to customers that would shoot dollar bills.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think they do this bc they are shy and want to give her a decent stage tip, but mostly have singles. Some guys do this w the rest of their singles before they leave.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve seen guys do stage tips where they seem totally embarrassed - and are turning to get away from the stage - before their money has actually landed (on stage). I think they are either embarrassed - or concerned about being noticed?

However - if a guy is really making it rain - it’s to draw attention to himself. It’s got nothing to do with the dancer.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Fab did it right. But he was right up there - looking down as she worked the pole. It’s more effective - in drawing attention to yourself - when you are on stage. Not something a regular pl can do.
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    I think most experienced dancers have kind of a third eye when it comes to this stuff. If they look down and see a bunch of bills on the stage, they most often know it's from their old horney regular white dude.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    ^ actually, we all miss who tipped us sometimes. Sucks. :P
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion