tuscl

Club Comment Boxes

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
At first, I was somewhat skeptical about including comments under each club review, especially when this function was being abused by trolls. But as time rolls on, I've come to appreciate this feature a lot more. Not only am I and others able to comment on obvious club ads or other crap reviews, but I have read reviews for a number of other clubs where are locals have chimed in with additional color. I have also enjoyed adding a little color myself to the reviews of clubs that I visit. So I guess now I am a fan of this feature.

Anyone else else feel strongly one way or the other about this feature?

10 comments

• MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Good idea clubber! I agree 100%
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I will go add some color myself
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Rickdugan - it’s a useful feature. It allows for folks to clarify certain details of their reviews. I also helps to call attention to club ads.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    MackTruck adds a lot of brown when he backs up his truck..
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    Fully understand your thinking about the trolls. But I like the comments part. I sometimes learn as much from the comments as I do from the Review itself.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I like it. I've been using it for a while. I didn't like the "prop" system, since a lot of times the "prop" was just an excuse to make negative comments.

There are some trolls, desertscrub and his dumbass "club add of the day" shit for every review he doesn't like, but he's really the only one I've seen use it for trolling. The unfortunate thing is ignoring someone doesn't ignore their review comments.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I use it when I see something worth commenting about. In a way it replaces a feature called club chat that was in place many years ago. It was similar to the discussion board but comments only pertained to that one club.

I think Founder got flooded with too many shill reviews and decided that we were intelligent enough to figure things out for our selves. If it is really so bad that it needs to be removed, you can still send him a PM.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Similar to what Warrior15 mentioned, with so many poorly written reviews, at times the comments are more informative than the actual review, whether it is to correct errors or add pertinent missing info from the review
  • rockie
    7 years ago
    It's a good feature and is used well half the time.
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    There used to be a feature called Club chat? I kind of like that idea that must have been before my time here
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion