tuscl

Clapping

doctorevil
Evil Lair
In a lot of clubs, the DJ urges the crowd to clap when a girl finishes her set. I never do, and I rarely see anyone else clap, either. The few who do appear to RILs for a particular girl. Do any of you clap in the club? (Feature entertainers don't count)

29 comments

• anon4231
    7 years ago
    Hell yes. It doesn't cost anything to clap, and the approaches tend to be a lot friendlier (at least around here) when you do.

• max_starr
    7 years ago
    I do try to recognize the girl dancing on stage at least clapping show she's appreciated....
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    Never saw this occur in a club
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Sometimes. If I'm in a club where it's slow and the girls seem like they're in a mood, I'll do a polite clap if the DJ is cool about the request. There's this club called Showcae Theater in Maryland where the manager used to yell and berate customers for not clapping after every dancer. That's a club where I didn't clap because guy was such an ass about it.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    They must like it because I always hear them say "Thank you for the clap".
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    In the clubs I go to some of the dancers do the clapping but they ain't using their hands
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Some of the clubs I go to have the DJ do this. I clap because even though the strippers are used to showing their goods on stage, I would think they’d feel embarrassed if the DJ called for a round of applause and no one clapped. It doesn’t cost anything to be polite.

But to me, the annoying DJ thing is when they talk a million miles an hour and I can’t understand a fucking word they say. “Letsallputourhandstogetherforthelovelychaminiqua...”. WTF?

Not that I give a shit about what the DJ is saying but it’s kind of like someone taking a phone call in public. The DJ is yapping so I reflexively am trying to listen. DJs add about as much to my enjoyment of a club as bathroom trolls or valet parking.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    chulo lolololol :-)
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    I lightly clap at the end of every one of my ATF DS's sets. I will also clap for strippers that really give an outstanding stage set or even just a single move that is impressive.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think it’s just to remind the crowd that she’s still a girl dancing around naked, and has some feelings. It does cost a dollar to go give her some appreciation on stage, but that’s small money in the ab world, and anything is better than feeling like no one wanted to see you up there.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    ‘Sc world’
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    ^ I think it is sad to see a dancer on stage with no tips. I always put a tip down if she's alone up there.
  • anon4231
    7 years ago
    +1 to SirLDA and Bj99.

Pretty much always clap, always tip if you're watching. Even if I don't particularly like the dancer, it's just polite and cheap goodwill in the grand scheme of things. And even if you're not watching from the stage, I imagine clapping > no clapping at all.

I think about the only time I don't do both is if it's a dancer that's pissed me off in the past for one reason or another. I'll pointedly get up and leave the stage area when she comes on, and no claps.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Honestly, that dollar is better spent keeping a dancer from feeling jaded than a lot of other places. If no one tips, just be that guy. She won’t really expect anything.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Is it really that unusual? I guess it's unusual for everyone or the majority of club patrons to do it all or the majority of the time, but it's actually pretty common in my neck of the woods, and more often in less high end clubs that tend to skew a bit younger. Usually the DJ will say something like make some noise for so and so, and if the girl is hot and popular, many PLs will clap or hoot after a high energy set. If the club is more "urban", i guess those folks are usually too cool to make any noise or reaction outside of making it rain every once in a while. I might lightly clap for a few seconds in front of the dancer if i'm at the stage, not to make any appreciable noise, but to show some approval if not appreciation in her "performance" and "talents" regardless of any DJ prompting. They usually smile and/or say thank you when i do. And it's also free.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Around here DJs often ask the customers to clap, but the customers never do. A pointless ritual.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Follies DJ is by far my fav. The only two intelligible words I have ever heard him say are “sexy ladies.” Maybe all his other words are an encouragement to clap for the sexy ladies.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Giving them the clap isn't nice. STD's are no fun. (:
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    One club that I hit infrequently has stage sets - and the DJ usually asks for guys to show some appreciation. I’m the one who claps - outside of the guys who appear to be complete RIL’s.

Sometimes the crowd at that club doesn’t show much appreciation - so I’ve walked up to the stage and tipped a few dancers who were not getting any attention. One dancer actually bought me a beer - as she appreciated having someone show her a little recognition.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    In my opinion, the best DJs are the one's you don't even notice being there. I mean really, do any of you go to strip club to listen to the DJ ? Some of you might make the decision to leave a club because of a DJ. But no one goes to it to listen to them.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    The girls seem to like DJs that play the music they want as well as try to get PLs to spend money on the stage and lap dances. That is they like when the DJ is doing their "job" since every girl is paying them $10-15 or so every night.
  • Eve
    7 years ago
    My home club is like this. At one point, we had a meeting and the DJ said that it was a rule now that the other girls have to clap after each one completes their stage rotation (as means of sharing mutal support). For a little while, they were actually attempting to enforce this, but now he's more focused on getting the customers to clap than the actual workers. I'd say it's about 50/50 where the room of guys actually do applaud or do nothing, but it definitely doesn't hurt the girls' mood if clapping ensues.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ do club DJs have that kinda weight to tell the dancers what they gotta do
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    They do at my home club too. I've seen the dancer show of solidarity, like EveHartley mentions, too. Often I clap and sometimes I get up and tip the stage dancer a few bucks at the end, either as she's gathering her clothes or on the way past me to the DR. It doesn't cost much to clap and/or tip a few bucks. And it does improve the mood. I've thought it might help the girls from becoming jaded, like Bj99 writes.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I usually do if I think the girl did a good stage show. It doesn't happen at every club I go to.
  • Eve
    7 years ago
    @Papi Mine thinks he does because he's the owner's son.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ oh
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I've been inspired to clap after a well-done BBBJ
  • Ch3ll
    7 years ago
    Im with orangepicture, I've never seen this occur in a club.

Maybe I need to go to some better clubs where the dancers actually do pile tricks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion