tuscl

Super Bowl price hikes

grand1511
Euphoria
Saw this pricing quote in a review for Minneapolis's Downtown Cabaret today from a visit last night post Super Bowl game. This club is no more than 4 blocks from U.S. Bank Stadium.

"$100 to get in all the girls told me they were only able to do private dances for $475 a half hr." Regular rate for 1/2 hr. private is $240. Not sure what cover is as the manager gave me an unlimited free entry card, but a typical night it can't be more than $20. Feeling very good with my plan to avoid downtown & the clubs for the past week, but a little worried pricing won't settle back all the way down to pre-Super Bowl rates.

10 comments

• max_starr
    7 years ago
    475! I should get all night full service at home for that.
  • Liwet
    7 years ago
    I went to a club Superbowl Sunday. It was worse than a typical visit and I struggled to spend money constructively. I have to go again later this week just to get rid of my roll.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Fuck no. This sounds like price gouging at its finest. Dont know how long they can sustain after everyone leaves town without going back to regular prices. What you should worry about more is a cutback on the mileage. It didnt sound like you guys had much before. Isnt this what happened when the superbowl was in indianapolis?
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    That's what Deja Vu did in all the clubs near SF for superbowl L. Probably a smart business move to reap the one-time influx of rubes. It's a good week for PLs to stay away from the club
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    From what I’ve read, it’s a good idea to stay away from strip clubs around the Super Bowl. The closer to the game - the worse the price gouging.

I know the better business bureau wouldn’t approve - but it’s difficult to get sympathy for pl’s trying to just get a release from a case of blue balls.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    It’s just the free market in action. Suddenly, there are thousands of horny millionaires in downtown Minneapolis with nothing to do before the game. If they’d kept the same prices, the door man would have become wealthy deciding who got in.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Reminds me of a story, supposedly true. Bill Gates had some friends over and they decided to order a pizza. He was told they just closed their kitchen. When he told his friends the bad news, they teased him that he was ( at the time) the worlds richest person. He called the pizza place back and asked if he could buy a $500 pizza. Unexpectedly, the kitchen had reopened ! Everyone benefited.
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    I noticed when I was home for Christmas that Tootsies was charging $50 on Super Bowl Sunday. Why in the world would I want to watch the SB at an SC (even Tootsies) and then pay $50? I can almost furnish a party of my own for that.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Great story, mark94 !!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I used to go to our hellhole of the world, Henry VIII South, have my beer and watch the games on the big screen TVs and not buy a dance. The dancers were usually with custies at the bar watching the games, too. A good time being had by all.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion