tuscl

Not doing a Club review

eyeofodin
Michigan
Friday, January 26, 2018 1:24 PM
Has anyone else ever been to a new place or an old favorite and started to do a review, but looked at the last few reviews and for the most part agreed with them an skipped doing the review? Feeling there is nothing new or of value to add at the current time, deciding just not to write a lengthy review or is it just me and I should I just suck it up and get my "points"?

16 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Depends - a good review is a good review - many a review sucks and missing all kinds of details thus adding a good-review is always value-added - plus different SCers may see a visit/club from different POVs - if you feel your review will add little value, then I guess no reason to write one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    For me, I like to get into details in my reviews and pretty-much every SC visit is somewhat unique even to the same club (w/ the caveat that I like to jump around clubs so it's not likely I'll write two reviews of the same club within a week) - I've written lots of reviews in the past but reviews w.r.t. the same club were usually a month to a couple of months apart.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I never go into a new club based on one Review. It's when I see a bunch that say the same thing that gets my attention. Plus, if something really good happened, then it's your chance to brag a little.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Often I just get lazy and dont write one. Sometimes I just dont go. Also sometimes I have a boring or have a bad time and lose motivation to write a review about an experience I would rather forget. Then I get motivated after my membership expires and write up the next one.
  • eyeofodin
    6 years ago
    Papi Chulo: I think I tend to try and write a deeper review than most or at least I try. I give it a couple of days after the visit to let the emotion settle down and try and be objective. I will keep in mind the value add aspect, that should make the decision easier--there is always something I find I have a different perspective than the reviews I agree with for the most part.
  • AnonymousJim
    6 years ago
    I don't know if I'll ever choose to do or not do a review based on other reviews. I tend to have a different style to my reviews, so I know mine are usually going to be different. I'm usually more thorough, but also kind of like to center my review around a unifying idea I state upfront, like "There's a lot of silicone here," or "This club could use a refresh," or something like that. I will pull back my review if I feel like my experience is out of the norm. If I've been to a club enough times to know it's a non-extras club, but I happen to hit the jackpot, I probably won't submit a review, both because I don't want club management checking any tapes and because I don't want to mislead other review readers. What I try to remember is that the review isn't for me, it's for other clubbers of a wide range of experience levels to read. I try to assume the reader knows only the basics. I think about the reader's perspective, not my own.
  • Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    I don't feel like writing a review if a club has recent ones that I largely agree with. It is quicker to simply slap a comment on the most recent review and add my two cents.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    As a dancer, I feel like more reviews that echo the same things create more consistency for ppl reading, and for the ratings.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    if you really don't feel like it then don't. otherwise I say write a review even if it's just to reiterate the previous reviews. the more people that say the same thing with regards to dancers, mileage, hospitality, etc. the more dependable it is(with the exception of club ads). I also agree with the different points of view part.
  • SneakySecret2
    6 years ago
    I enjoy reading recent reviews, so I would think it’d be best to write them
  • Juslovin
    6 years ago
    I'll try to have something new or interesting even if same club. I've got a lot of good info from other reviews so im trying to add also.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    I used to love Diamond Club in Cleveland and recently returned to the one on the west bank of the flats. It was so dead in there only a few girls who were mostly chatting up customers; no on dancing on stage or hustling anyone....I walked out in 15 minutes and over to Larry Flynts hustler club and I was equally dismayed. I'll post reviews when I can return to these when their hopping or when slow with dancers who are thirsty....I need some kind of action before I give an adequate assessment.
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    Apart from the fact I like to do reviews for the VIP membership extension, it also helps me remember where I have been. I try to add details others may have missed, especially if it's a club with few reviews, although that seems to mostly amount to noting the general decor of the buulding, because everyone will write about the quality of the dances and dancers.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I try to review each visit. I’ve been going to the same club for several months, and I review it after each trip. It’s odd - as it’s a busy club - but there are few reviews.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    My favorite club has more reviews than any other club and is also the most talked about. It really doesn't need another review from me and after 17 years of doing reviews my VIP membership is payed up til 2024. I rarely go to any other clubs. Why should I? But I still do one about every 3 months just so that all of my TUSCL buddies will know that I am still alive.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    For me, it depends on the total number of reviews and their time frame. If I had a great time in the club and a lot of the other reviews were negative, I reference that. A hit or miss club, as an example.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion