tuscl

Strip club for ‘sugar daddies’ and ‘loners’ given green light

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"Dr Stubbs said studies had identified “six types of patrons” that used strip clubs, including the Lonely; the Socially Impotent; the Bold Lookers; the Detached Lookers; the Players and the Sugar Daddies."

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/…

26 comments

• PeterEaster
    7 years ago
    Thanks, Jack, lots of good stuff here. It would be interesting to get the full study to see what type of patron I would be (although I have a pretty good idea).

You could probably sort TUSCL posters into these categories as well, lol.

On a side note, do you find these stories at random, or do you have some bots searching for them?
  • PeterEaster
    7 years ago
    "A closing time of 2am was proposed for the club as a trial, with the operating hours to be subject to a review."

Perfect for 2-AMers!
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Google automatically sends me links to strip club stories every day. I post the best ones.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    Don't need the study, I already know I'm in the "Socially Impotent" group.
  • eyeofodin
    7 years ago
    Erickson and Tewksbury (2000)
    developed a typology of voyeurs who
    frequent adult strip clubs. The clubs were
    visited using a “peripheral-memberresearcher”
    technique. Each type had
    certain manners of behavior while
    viewing nude women in various acts in
    the club itself. The man experiences a
    gratifying sensation but it is actually
    the women, the dancers, who held the
    power in the club itself (Erickson &
    Tewksbury, 2000).

Types of Patrons in a Gentlemen’s Strip
    Club
    The lonely
    The socially impotent
    The bold lookers
    The detached lookers
    The players
    The sugar daddies
    SOURCE: Erickson & Tewksbury (2000)

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    90 percent of TUSCL member fall into the first two categories listed above.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    WTF is a bold looker or detached looker.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    "The court heard a strip club would threaten the “gay friendly” nature of Oxford St through the “aggressive straight males” it was likely to attract."

Seriously? Maybe they should be reading mdb2203's threads.
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    After several google searches, I can't find the entire original Ericsson and Tewksbury report that describes what each of the 6 categories are.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I’m gonna go with:

Bold looker - someone who goes to the club specifically to look at nude women. If the women weren’t there, they wouldn’t be either.

Detached looker - someone who is mainly there for the atmosphere and alcohol. Probably would be equally content in a sports bar. Think married guy glad to just get out of the house.
  • l00ber
    7 years ago
    I fit into all of those categories some of the time.
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    Shailynn, that was my deduction too. In that case, I would be a Bold Looker.
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    I've probably been called all those names at one time or another by dancers. I could add others. Dancers a couple of times thought I was undercover LE in a club where I wasn't a regular. I only had one dancer call me a player. She was the one wanting to have sex all the time. Once a dancer puts a label on you, it's not that easy to change her opinion. I thought it was very amusing to be called a player while going to strip clubs and paying for lap dances. It was refreshing to hear a girl say, anytime you want it, I'll be there.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"I fit into all of those categories some of the time"

Agree, l00ber; I'd guess they know people spread their motivations around, but I'd bet it's also true that most people lean more towards one.

I have been vaguely sugardaddy (or maybe splendadaddy) for many years now; my experience on SA has triply reinforced that for me -- many of my relationships with strippers evolve towards arrangement-ish (with a per-meet model), and that's the way I like it, most of the time.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I think they missed a category:

Just wants a blow job.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    all for social research. the sex life of millennials.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Maybe a detached looker? Many times I go for the eye candy only, but will also tip heavily on stage to get the girl to come by and chat me up.

Someone else said previously that you can apply these categories to other things than strip club patrons.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    these are the categories to which the literature refers:

Lonely - seek attention, conversation & companionship

Socially impotent - unable to connect & interact in other social settings

Bold lookers - objectify dancers, just there for visual stimulation, often found near the large stage, rarely attempt conversation

Detached lookers - strictly there for visual stimulation but don’t look as boldly

Players - seek conversation & companionship, use their personality to hit on girls; regular but small tippers who rarely spend money on dances

Sugar daddies - older, more affluent, spends time ITC with select dancers only and often establishes a long-term relationship with one dancer
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    @the_article said: "STRIP clubs may attract “the socially impotent” and “lonely” but a Sydney court was told there is no evidence they lead to more crime."

@founder said: "the first two categories account for 90% of the people here."

Both statements make logical sense. We don't see many posts or reviews that mention that a Tuscl member was involved in, let alone started, a 2AMer !! ;)
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ^ correction, not founder, but shailynn.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I think the major category they've missed are, for lack of a better term, social clubbers. On a typical saturday night, there's far fewer guys sitting by themselves, and more often groups of younger guys who are not regulars, and only come to the strip club as part of a male bonding trip. It seems to me that only "amateur nights" (Friday and Saturday nights), these groups make up a significant percentage of patrons. These guys don't fit into any of the categories above, and their motivations are different.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    @Subraman, if I had to guess, I’d guess that those types are also members of the bold or detached lookers. It might not completely define them, but I suspect there’s a fair bit of overlap.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Somewhere between five and six.............seek conversation & companionship, use their personality to hit on girls.....older, more affluent, spends time ITC with select dancers only.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Players - seek conversation & companionship, use their personality to hit on girls; regular but small tippers who rarely spend money on dances

Sugar daddies - older, more affluent, spends time ITC with select dancers only and often establishes a long-term relationship with one dancer

This me
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    The young broke version of me is the player

The older future version of me is the daddy

Right now I'm in the transition between those
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    george, I actually think other than possibly behaving similarly at the tiprail, and objectifying dancers (something they have in common with other groups), they're substantially different -- their motivations and other behaviors are completely different. Those groups of guys wouldn't even be there if it weren't for their friends, and they are usually not there to just look ... and especially, not avoiding conversations. Lookers only look -- it's right in the name. A huge % of customers on some nights are there socially -- socially with the friends, first and foremost, and absolutely with the girls, too, they are definitely there for dances and conversation. To me, it's almost odd to leave them out!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion