tuscl

Is it that unusual to make a stripper laugh?

Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:59 PM
When I start telling stories to some of my favorite dancers, they seem to tell me I made them laugh as if that is unusual for their day. Is it really that unusual? I guess if they were having a bad day or busy with normal work, getting someone to laugh might be a serious mood change. Now that I think about, I often go all day at my work place and don't have any good laughs so it may be unusual. I usually am more interested in just being quiet enjoying a lap dance. The dancer started me off by telling me a funny story (I thought it was.) She told me she went to the store and the girl there knew her or something like that. The dancer told the girl she was buying some KY jelly because her dog had a stuck penis. The girl at the store just said Ok, heard enough. The dancer was telling me that didn't come out right. I thought the whole story was funny.

16 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Actually, FONDL, I can agree on your sea-change period. I think mine and yours are actually perceptions of the same change, I just did a poor job by dating it inaccurately. The deal for me is, the difference between (a) behavior that is not necessarily irresponsible as much as frivolous and (b) behavior that is deliberately destructive, dismissive of others' rights, or even negatively geared toward society at large. Ya gots yer Animal House drunkards having a party in which everyone is required to wear a sheet (big whoop; but it's fun for a while); then, ya gots yer Madison WI drunkards having a street party in which everyone is required to turn over someone else's expensive SUV (damage to strangers and society at large). It's just a question of when and where the "change" trickled into elite schools, major schools, small schools, etc. etc..
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I agree, it's more fun in a club where they keep up the fantasy.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Book Guy, I think if you go back in history you'll find that every generation has a low opinion of the ones that follow. Personally I think the big sea change occurred in the late 1960s-early 1970s when the boomers came of age, and that our society has been really screwed up since then. But I'm showing my age. But to get back to the issue at hand, I've always found a lot of laughter in many strip clubs, it's one of the major reasons I like going, some of them are happy friendly places. And I think the most popular girls are often those who laugh the most.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I think today's college kids will, in general, have a very different experience from yesterday's. There seems to be a big sea-change, some time around 1990; before which, the idiotic things were an escalation or de-escalation of standard types of stupidity but basically were "harmless" in the long run; but after which, idiotic things gave way to ABSOLUTELY idiotic things.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I only know she was high because years later she told me that when she was stripping she always got high on pot before going to work. I think that's pretty common in a lot of clubs.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    The only people I ever knew for sure were on drugs were some guys I knew in college. They didn't seem to laugh that much. They did tell me they were on something at one time and told me not too move so fast. Then they started staring at the patterns on the wall. Don't ask me what they saw. They would have made a good anti-drug commercial in my opinion. Today's college students probably won't have the same experience unless everyone is still drinking. I remember occasionally seeing movies on the weekend at our college theatre and about 15 minutes before the movie started a crowd of about 200 on one side would stand up and shout "tastes great" and then the other side of 200 students would stand up and shout "less filling" and repeat for a few minutes. I think everyone had a few drinks.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    My sample is obviously biased because my ATF has a great sense of humor and laughs all the time. She was also high all the time when she worked as a stripper.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Don't forget that a lot of strippers are on something. Which may cause her to find nearly everything funny.
  • nothumbs
    18 years ago
    I remember telling a girl something and she laughed so hard a little bit of her drink shot out her nose. I thought that probably wasn't something that she planned on, so it made me feel good.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    ssewarrior: I'm not talking about obviously phony laughter either. That's just bad acting. Strippers, if they're any good, put themselves in a frame of mind to be receptive to any attempt you make at humor. That doesn't mean their laughter is always necessarily an act, but the bar is set pretty fucking low.
  • ssewarrior
    18 years ago
    Chandler, DougS - I'm not talking about the typical "hehehe" laugh meant to appease a customer and make them feel special. I'm talking about actually making her laugh. There's a difference and it's obvious when it's accomplished. It's the same difference when one tells a joke and get's a "courtesy laugh" vs. serious laughter. The joke teller knows the difference. Make a woman laugh and you have instantly lowered the guard and already made her feel comfortable with you and at least a LITTLE safer with you.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I think that is why stripper comments about "you made me laugh" seem out of place. Only in a strip club do I remember hearing that. Most people will laugh if they think something is funny and say nothing else about it. They won't go an extra step and tell someone you made me laugh as if that is supposed to make someone feel special.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    Making a stripper laugh is not unusual at all, nor is it very difficult. All you have to do is be nice to her, show a little respect and either tell a joke or say something that you THINK is funny. A dancer is always going to laugh at something they think you think was funny. It's all part of the plan to make you feel good, and feel like there's something "going on" there.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    It's actually what first attracted me to my ATF, she has one of the all-time great laughs and a great sense of humor.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Most strippers will laugh at anything, but they try to make each customer feel like he's the only one who can really make them laugh.
  • ssewarrior
    18 years ago
    CG: I don't think it's unusual at all to make a stripper laugh. In fact, it's what separates you from the masses. Many men in the SC's treat the dancers like "objects" and just pieces of "ass" and NOT human. Making them laugh shows you are being at least somewhat genuine. I'll go so far as to say, from experience, that making them laugh is the first step to possibly getting their attention long enough to show them you have interest in them OTC. Even if that isn't your intent you are going to get better attention, a better LD and burn a "memory" in her brain. You draw the conclusions and benefits of this from there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion