tuscl

Owning a strip club

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how much it would cost, and possibly how successful, it would be to open a strip club in New Jersey?

19 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    If you have to ask you can’t afford it
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    This topic again? Did this earlier this year.

First of all this is a site for mongers. Looking at posts from SJG, Sucking “Cockstar666”, and Clubber should tell you all you need to know to run as fast as you can from knowledge gained from here.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It will probably be very expensive in northern NJ. Lots of legal hurdles to tackle - depending on the town.

Managing Strippers is like herding cats...or so I’ve heard.

It might sound like a dream - but in reality it could be a nightmare. It’s like a superhero with x-ray vision - for the one panty-less hottie - there are thousands of slobs with skid marks - and you can’t un-see that shit!
  • Tube
    7 years ago
    @meat72 you're probably right, didn't think about that haha.
  • grand1511
    7 years ago
    @cashman: It's like herding pussies
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    First - Get a few years under your belt managing a normal bar that books live music... Learn to deal with all the craziness and unpredictability that comes with crowds and alcohol.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    If you do it legally it will be astronomic to start up then very unprofitable since your legit

But

If you go the illegal method it's as cheap as a single wide trailer. The business will be very profitable since you can sell sex to the clients and drugs to the dancer's...you'll make a killing but you'll need to pay off the cops and possible get the mob to help you

God bless my seedy Friend
  • K
    7 years ago
    Do not make the mistake of fixing up your club. Customers dont care about the light show, the sound system, the food or staff uniforms. We want hot women, naked, in our laps.
    Sinsations in keansburg spent a small fortune fixing up the place. I believe they are out of business in less than a year. If they had spent just enough to be up to code and then paid hot dancers to work until they had enough customers, they would be fine
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I think you have to have a willingness to do things which are dubious at best and more likely illegal in this industry. If you have any hesitation on that aspect don't even think about it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Well, you're a titan of business, aren't you?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Why don’t you get a job in Walmart as a greeter it’ll be easier.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Strip club industry is a dying industry. Invest in betamax.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    These are troll posts guys with means and ability to open a club of any type be it a strip club , a night club, a dance club, even a large sports bar, wouldn’t be wasting their time posting here looking for advice.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Lots to think about. I've participated in a few similar discussions and I've given similar advice: get a job in a club first if you can; fuck a bunch of hot chicks first and then ask yourself if you still want to buy a club; smack yourself really hard in the face a few times; etc, etc, etc.

But the reality is that A) it's hard to get a job in a club unless you know someone. Your background as a management trainee at a car rental company probably doesn't mean shit to someone looking to hire a club manager. Plus, even a really big guy isn't automatically qualified to be a bouncer.

And B), even after draining your balls bareback with the hottest piece of ass you can find, men still want to be pimps. It's in our nature. What can I say?

So here's some legitimate advice: do not "open" a strip club: buy an existing one. Don't do it alone. Scrape together, say, $200,000 of your own money. Make sure you're comfortable with losing every single nickel. Then find 4 or 5 more people with a similar amount of money to invest. Then find a lawyer and a good accountant. Then find an existing club that's for sale. Then visit the club to make sure it's not a total disaster. Then ask your lawyer to investigate the business as much as he can. If no immediate red flags crop up, approach the owner or broker and tell him that your group may be interested. Ask about his numbers for the past few years. Have your accountant investigate the books. Make an offer and buy it if the numbers check out. Enjoy your lifetime of headaches. Congratulations.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Notice here my posts about making a membership club in San Francisco, in large measure to fight back against Deja Vu

https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=5397…

and then this, about why we need more clubs in SF
    https://www.tuscl.net/?page=post&id=5136…

SJG

Krugman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQYA9Qj…

Pikette, Krugman, Stiglitz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4iyyJD…
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Strip clubs as a business LMFAO cracks me up
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    To be honest - if you aren’t connected - I doubt you will make any money as a club owner.

As the saying goes - if you have to ask...
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    buy an existing club that's grandfathered in. Starting one from scratch is next to impossible unless you are lucky enough to have a location free of zoning restrictions.
  • DFreshPalace
    7 years ago
    In 1999 I came close to co-owning a club in Cali. The cost of the building was pretty much nothing only around $80,000 this was for a 3 story building outside of Sacramento. The Club was then going to cost at that time around $150,000 to open but I had 3 other partners and that was going to offset the cost. The Plan was to have Offices, Club, and Restaurant and with that meant Liquor Licence for that plus insurance it was going to be over $2 Million. It was a great idea but the cost add up with insurance was too much. With the clubs here now only being total nude and no alcohol I have no idea what it would be but it's still a dream but if that helps you Good Luck. It's a GREAT idea but owning a Club is Big Business and unless you're a corporation like Deja Vu or if you're name is Money Mayweather the chances aren't very good.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion