tuscl

Dancers That Don't Hustle

JackScott
Maryland
I don't know if the dancers are not getting any sales training but some of the SC joints that I go to, I find myself sitting alone at my table for more than an hour before anyone approaches me. I can understand if everyone is busy but many times I go into the club and see as many as 5 dancers at the bar playing video poker. Do they have GPS or are they just slacking? Maybe I give them too much credit in comparison to how a car dealership works. On one hand, you don't want to harass the customer who says he's "just looking" unless he has questions. But typically you check in on them every 10-15 minutes or so. At the least, you watch them and judge when it would be a good time to engage with them. Like if someone is standing on a car lot looking around at everything other than cars, chances are that they need a salesman. So when I'm in the SC and I'm sitting at the table looking at everything other than the featured dancer on the stage, chances are that I might be looking for some company.

And then I consider that it may have something to do with the management. Is the owner/manager teaching the dancers how to work the room? Are they teaching the dancers how to observe the crowd? Or are they just left on their own to figure it out? I see guys walk up to the bar asking for dances but that's not how it's supposed to work. If I am a paying customer, they should be asking for my money. I shouldn't be asking them if I can give them my money.

In situations like this, it's interesting how they just act like a bunch of sea-gulls jumping on the same piece of bread as soon as the first one notices food on the ground. Maybe I look like I'm broke but it seems like when I get that first dance 90 minutes later, everyone else starts coming to my table. Sometimes to make a point, I'll spend all of my money on that first dancer that approached me. Then after a 10 dance run, the next one will come along and I will explain to her (in a nice way) that I'm all out of money.

I understand that there are a lot of tire-kickers and cheapskates that come through the club but that's no excuse to not work the entire room at least once or twice during your shift. You never know what might come out of it.

49 comments

• JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I learned early on to not depend upon dancers to approach me. That’s just frustrating because many of them don’t, and when they do it’s usually the ugly girls. Instead, if I see something that I’d like to play with, I simply approach her. That way you don’t have to get all emotional over the fact that the dancer you wanted didn’t approach or circulate.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    One should not expect a strip club to function like other businesses - in other businesses the employees are not naked and can be groped - thus don't expect the same level of customer service
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Some upscale clubs may do some training but it seems in most clubs they are only told what they need to pay to dance and where the dressing room is - often there is too much turnover in with dancers for them to be training them.
  • DR99
    7 years ago
    Is this day shift because that's a different beast that nights. I had my ATF, and most of the girls unless they were new knew to stay away from me for the most part.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Each dancer has her own financial goal, strategy, and tactics. Many, maybe most, have a set amount of money they want to make each shift. They are looking for the most efficient way to reach that goal. Usually, that involves dancing with regulars who are known quantities. So, they sit at a table, sending texts to a couple dozen regulars, expecting a handful to come in and spend $50-$150 on them. Anyone else is a distraction.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Reasons why there are dances that don't hustle, who knows for sure - some possibilities:

* they get tired of hearing no and getting turned down for dances and may wait for signs a guy showing some kind of interest other than just sitting there

* a lot of them seem to not be in hustle mode for a while into their shift

* they may have regulars that provide them enough of the $$$ they need

* dancing may just be extra $$$ for them, they may have another job that pays the bills or an S.O. that pays the bills - or they may live with their parents or on public assistance
  • Darkblue999
    7 years ago
    Reasons may be
    1 - They are waiting for regulars to come at specified time.So they don't want other customers to block their time
    2 - They may be shy to approach you
    3 - They already made enough money and just waiting for their stage set
    4 - They don't like any customers in the club at that time
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Often times clubs with cheap dances (e.g. $10) IME it seems the girls hustle more b/c they depend on volume to make decent $$$ - in clubs with expensive dances (e.g. $30+) and where custies buy VIP rooms, it seems the dancers take their time more
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It is very difficult to know the motivations behind a dancers decision to approach or not approach a customer.

I’ve stopped trying to figure it out.

If I see a dancer I like - I approach her. This is a strip club - so there is less chance of getting turned down. Once I approach the dancer - I get a better idea of the girls personality - and I find (very quickly) if she’s a girl I want to get dances from.

If you take the initiative - and act properly - that’s a good thing - as it’s better to be the one taking charge (rather than acting submissive or shy).

Of course - money is the most important part of any strip club interaction - so make sure you have the money you need before approaching a dancer.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I asked that question 15 years ago and was told that maybe I look like a cop. :)
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "some of the SC joints that I go to, I find myself sitting alone at my table for more than an hour before anyone approaches me."

Are these places you've only been to once or twice, or are you known there?
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    My ATF DS doesn't hustle at all. She hates rejection and doesn't ever want to be told "no thanks" by a customer so she always waits to be approached. She admits to losing business this way but she doesn't care. It's just how she is.

I've learned to simply take my own initiative with a stripper if I see one I want dances with. It is law of the jungle out there. If a stripper I want is alone and looks available, I will not hesitate to just approach her. I've stopped caring or wondering why strippers do or don't hustle. If one I want doesn't approach me, then I go after her. Easy peasy.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    @Estafador I know I want to say that's stupid and not to judge a book by its cover and such. But I can understand the female's thinking. Work smarter, not harder
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Aside from all the good answers above as far as possible reasons, here's another:

- You're giving off an "I'm cheap and unfriendly" vibe. "I'm here for the beer" vibe. "I'm just gonna watch the stage show and leave without tipping" vibe.

If what you describe happens often to you, at different times of day and at different clubs, it might be you, not them. Or at least in part, you.
  • JohnTitor
    7 years ago
    Start showering and brushing your teeth.

Having dancers NOT hustle and approach has NEVER been an issue in many, many years of this.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    The number one complaint in high-hustle clubs is that the dancers are too aggressive.

The number one complaint in low-hustle clubs is that the dancers are too passive.

I prefer low-hustle clubs because I'm not afraid to approach loitering dancers. Whereas other guys in the club are waiting for her to approach them. This equates to less competition even if the club is PL heavy.

My experience in high-hustle clubs is that I need to politely (if possible) wave off a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier dancers before I can hook the dancer I want to spend time with.

So, get proactive. You won't regret it.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    In typical negotiating situations, being the person who makes the first approach puts you at a disadvantage.

I'm guessing your experience is that this doesn't happen with strippers. Or, is it more the case that they feel grateful you have come and rescued them from their boredom?

My biggest issue with PL approach vs. dancer approach is that of defending your seat, if I'm at a club alone (which seems to be the default around here). If I'm at the bar, with a bartender I know, I feel like I can leave my seat for a bit and be able to get it back.

But if you're at a place like Follies and it's packed, you don't dare leave your seat without a guard, or it will be gone in a heartbeat.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @SirLapdancealot
    That's interesting about your ATF. When i think about it, my ATF has probably only asked me for dances once, the very first time. And this was after she had sat with me for awhile and even then i think someone or some dancer sent her to me. All the other times, she waits for me to ask. I also notice that she is definitely not a wanna dance type of girl, although her "saleswomanship" is pretty good. I notice quite a few girls do this. They'll just sit with a customer and talk and wait and talk and wait, maybe get groped a little and then leave if the customer doesn't ask.

The girl that just stands around pretty and waits for guys to come to her? That's much more rare. There's also a girl that just sits at the bar the entire time, hoping guys buy her drinks and asks for dances and rooms. She never works the floor and doesn't even do the stage either. She usually has company at the bar though. I imagine that once your ATF has developed a regular, she'll approach him, or does she still just stand around waiting for them?
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    There was a long period of time before i actually figured out to ask a dancer to see her later or have a dance with her. Before i would just sit and wait and wait for the dancer to approach me. Back then, though, the girls did have a bit more hustle, although the rejection rate might have been higher considering dances cost about the same back then and were relatively more if not much more expensive, especially for what you got. Who knows how many hot girls i missed out on because of this.

Now, i usually approach her at her stage set, although some girls don't do the stage. If they have half a brain, they still make themselves available. If push comes to shove, i'll ask a floor host, (if i know the girl's name) about the girl and he'll usually make an effort to bring her to me. He might expect a tip though. Waitresses do this as well.

If you go during a busy period with a lot of dancers, your odds of getting the dancer you want this way dwindle It's just hard to make that connection randomly. If you go during slower times, say weekday dayshift, the fewer dancers might just try to work regulars or the familar PLs or maybe someone that looks like an obvious newbie. Otherwise they might ignore you. The girls in those situations tend to have different "feelers".
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Maybe you suffer from what a lot of us TUSCLers suffer from, our good looks intimidate most dancers
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Younger guys seem to often not be the preferred target demographic for many strippers - young guys are often seen as unwilling or unable to spend, and less well-behaved - particularly in more upscale clubs older-guys that are well-dressed are probably assumed to be well-heeled and often seen as better prospects if not easier marks.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I have found, more than anything, it varies from club to club. One club all the dancers may be sitting on their phone or playing video poker until a pl pulls them away from their phone/video poker. Another they might all lap-hop from pl to pl. Another they might ignore all new faces and only sit with regulars.at a forth club you might have combination of all of these types. Who knows why they do what they do(besides for $)?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    *fourth
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    A lot of TUSCLers that are used to hitting the same clubs over and over I think suffer from familiarity-bias and tend to forget not all clubs have the same vibe/M.O. - many TUSCLers think "hey I don't have any trouble getting approached at my club" so there must be something wrong with you.

Some clubs are notorious for dancers not approaching - Tootsies Miami is kinda this way - it's a huge club thus lots of custies/targets and I "guess" the dancers feel they can be more selective - at Tootsies VIP seems to be what most dancers are after to the point that many actually don't wanna bothet with the $25 dances - with Tootsies being such a big club with so many custies, it seems a lot of the hot dancers are just looking for a select tyoe of custy that would seem like the type to wanna do VIP only and thus these dancers tend to seemingly not look at 90% of the custies.

Per the reviews St James in Houston I often read reviewers complain of girls not approaching - St James comes across as a seller's-market type club, it's the most popular club in Houston and seems to have a high # of high-spenders, seems like the type of club where you gotta be a high spender, or look like one, to get attention.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Whatever I want I go get, I don’t wait for it to come to me.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"many TUSCLers think "hey I don't have any trouble getting approached at my club" so there must be something wrong with you."

Paps, definitely true it's easy to forget that not every club is like the club I go to; that said, I don't think I see much "there's something wrong with you" in this thread. That's just one of 15 other possible explanations. But, if getting ignored was something I experienced consistently, across different strip clubs and various shifts, it's something I'd look at. Some guys seem to complain about getting ignored on a near-constant basis; they definitely might have a hand in it.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Try taking a shower
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    P. Chulo and others said it well. Dancers have a process. Not all of them have the same process. If you're having trouble getting noticed, maybe dressing up wouldn't hurt. I don't, but I don't have to. Many dancers tell me their best returns come from guys that look like bums. If a guy can simplify his visit by throwing off the first or second wave of dancers looking for a "sharp dressed man", why not?

If the waiting game isn't a play that works for you, try the direct approach. One of the hottest girls (maybe the hottest in natural beauty) I have ever seen in a strip club was this blazing hot redhead at Savanah's in Columbia, SC. The club has a different name now, I think. She stood around by herself for at least an hour, going on stage once. It was an 18 an over club, so the kids in the t-shirts roared while she was doing her set. Then she went back to standing around.

When I finally walked up to her she seemed surprised and a little anxious. We sat at the bar for while, and she told me that walking up to guys and possibly getting rejected made her really nervous. She started talking about how long a drive she had and she sometimes got a room to stay overnight. We went for a VIP session and it was up close and personal, but you'd better believe I kicked myself once I realized later what I left on the table. So yeah these gals aren't mind readers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    To try and be a contrarian, or like flagooner, a patronizer, in some cases it could be a custy is not approached b/c there is actually something right with him instead of something wrong - i.e. he may not be seen as an easy mark - e.g. he may not be approached b/c he may be a good looking guy and dancers may assume he doesn't have a need to spend too nuch $$$ for female attention, etc - i.e. it's not uncommon to see 60 y/o fatsos in clubs being treated like George Clooney while a 30 y/o gets no love.

Stripping is about fast and easy $$$ and many a dancer will zero in in on the easiest targets (e.g. the ones they perceive couldn't get laid in a morgue)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"She started talking about how long a drive she had and she sometimes got a room to stay overnight."

One of the best ATFs I lucked into, was a stripper who had this same problem: super long drive to and from home. In her case, this was compounded by the fact that she was a dayshift girl and so had to be in by 11am or face an escalating level of fines for each passing 30 minutes, but she had problems sleeping so she often didn't get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning and had trouble waking up... which translated to significant fines, every single shift.

Conclusion: we fell into a pattern where, if she worked 2 days in a row, I'd come at the end of her shift on the 1st day, we'd go for dinner and drinks before heading to a hotel that was just around the corner from her club, sex and then sleep, and then I'd kick her awake at 10:30am to drag her ass to the club by 11. She was so thrilled with this that she sometimes didn't even charge me
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    I totally agree with Papis point. When I was younger I had to go the extra mile to get dancers attention. Once we struck up a conversation and they saw I wasn't a young rude punk I got what I wanted. Now that I'm older and I dress more "distinguished" I don't have a problem getting approached. Even being older I dressed too casual and I had the I'm just here for the beer vibe instead of I'm open for business
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’m finding it difficult - if not impossible - to believe you could sit at a table in a strip club for an hour and not get approached by a single dancer.

If you were wearing a blood stained shirt - I’m thinking you’d still get approached. If you still had hand cuffs on - and were sweating - I’d think you’d still get approached within a few minutes.

If you took a shit on your chair - and decided to smear it on the walls - it might take a little longer. But once the smell stopped - you’d get approached...as long as you money wasn’t smeared with shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The more forward girls are being with you, than usually the more forward you can be with them. So forward girl places are the best. But no matter, I have long preferred to select and approach girls myself, and to let them see that I am doing that. Even in P4P venues, that still carries a huge amount of weight.

SJG

There is one guy who would always play it differently:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJEkl5G…

More:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsJEkl5G…
  • JackKash
    7 years ago
    A few times when I was lonely in a club and took matters into my own hands, the dancers were surprised, very appreciative and turned a downer evening around. However, there's always the chance of waking a dud. Thankfully that has happened less often.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Just have to learn to approach them yourself.

SJG

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/9620…
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    From reading reviews of different clubs, it's not that uncommon to read the "no one approached me" comment - part of it is the M.O. of certain clubs and also certain variables - e.g. it being a sausage-fest (way more custies than dancers so dancers may not have to approach/hustle much) and/or not many dancers and the few having to sit by regulars' side.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    My default preference is for the dancers to approach me and for a long-time I mostly refused to ask a dancer to take my $$$ - but I eventually gave-in b/c I was missing out on dancers I wanted to get w/ that o/w did not approach me for w/e reason - and me approaching them for the most-part has either worked-out well or very-well and I've had better/funner visits b/c of it.

But for the most-part I still mostly sit back and wait for them to approach me and if not I often don't feel like being the initiator unless I'm really hard-up that day (and w/ as much clubbing as I normally do I'm usually not super hard-up).
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    The dance-pl ratio also plays a factor one way or the other. A sausage fest is never good, although you can kind of negate this by hitting up every* dancer in the club and take what you get. But an empty club with dancers leads to the dancers "hiding in the dressing room" until more pl's are there.
  • JackScott
    7 years ago
    These are all good suggestions and maybe I am giving them too much credit. But if I was a dancer, I'd figure out how to squeeze in as many PL's as I could between the times that my high-paying regulars would be there and consistently build up my list of clientele. I figure that if I were to get 10 extra dances on my shift for $10/ea. that could cover my tipouts.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Do you tip on stage? A lot of girls won’t approaxh a guy who isn’t tipping anyone on stage, especially if he has also turned girls who approached him down.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    You should do what I do - I go commando w/ thin shorts and make sure my tent is showing "so they know my interest"

:)
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    There's logic on both sides of the "should I aproach" question.

Yes: I get what I want. I'm in control of the situation. Girls see what I want and can accordingly make their decisions on whether to approach me...and thus, I get attention.

No: if she can't even approach, that tells me she's uninterested and may give an uninspired dance. If no one approaches, I can keep my money for next time. If I want to chase women, I can just date civilians.

Every club is different, and most every shift in those clubs is different. There are clubs in which every girl will approach me. There are clubs where I could have $100 bills taped on me and 75% of dancers would stay away.

I've been told that three non-physical things stop dancers from approaching me: I look standoffish (shrug), I stand instead of sit, and I don't have a glass or bottle in hand (I don't drink). It is what it is. I probably have to approach more in certain situations, although I tend to forget this...like Saturday night, when I walked out with over half the cash I walked in with.

Is dancer hustle terrible sometimes? Absolutely. What we do about that depends on us as PLs.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    If a dancer likes you or acts like she knows you, you won't be waiting an hour or even 15 minutes unless she is really busy. If I like someone, I will approach unless I just want to sit and watch. Why wait if you don't want to? Approach and be proactive if you want company. I don't wait around unless I want to watch. Dancers must notice that because I get approached almost immediately after not sitting around.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Usually the best way not to be approached is to sit like a rock at a table not tipping anyone or moving about. I did that one time when I didn't want to spend money and it worked pretty good. I was a rock and dint get noticed much. Another night Itried it with some success. Saw a girl on stage I liked, tipped her, suddenly other dancers suddenly kept coming over.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    If you're talking about a small club,might be hard to say. They may be allowed an hour to check emails etc if a club isn't busy and want to do it at that time. Might be like going into work in the morning and checking emails and phone calls to start off your day.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    ^^^ It's not a thread until all 3 of Rick999's personalities check in, each with differing advice & observations
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Ha ha! Just busting your balls Rick999 :) :) :)
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I think ishmael may be on to something earlier in the thread. These girls arent mind readers. If half the guys in a sc want every dancer approaching them and the other half doesnt want any dancers approaching him(lest they be deemed "too aggresive" or "pushy") how are they to know which customer is which? Further complicating it for them, it seems there is a sub set of customers that only wants certain dancers to approach them and everyone else can fuck off. How do they know which dancer you want if you say nothing and give no signal? If they were mind readers their job would a lot easier and even more lucrative. But they aren't.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ It's a hard business. More for the dancers than the PLs, obviously...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion