tuscl

Awkward Moments: When the age difference becomes obvious

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
Friday, December 15, 2017 10:33 AM
For general entertainment, recall a moment when you referred to something that totally baffled a stripper, because she wasn't alive (or was just too young) when it existed. Obviously, this thread is primarily for the older PLs amongst us. I'll go first. I'd just gotten a phone number with the prospect of OTC. I looked at her and said "I'll call next week." It was loud, so I also pantomimed the circular motion of dialing on an rotary phone when I said it. She crinkled her brow, imitated the same motion, and said "What the fuck is that?"

35 comments

• JohnTitor
    7 years ago
    When they tell me they like to stage to the oldies like green day or soundgarden, I know that I am basically robbing the cradle if I get dances from them.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It becomes obvious when I’m at a club - and the DJ puts a song on - all the dancers seem to immediately know - and I’m thinking “WTF is this shit?!” I can’t remember the exact songs - but it cements the fact that I’m old and out of touch musically! I think I’m topical when I hear Big Pimpin - and I know the lyrics - lol! I’m a sad old man...
  • K
    7 years ago
    We were in a spot with no cell reception. I pointed to a pay phone. She had no idea how to use it. While showing her, she admitted she had no idea how to use a phone book. She had never opened one. That is the most recent example
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    The way it works is like this if your a fat slob of an older guy people think she’s a nurse or a caretaker or your daughter, but if you look good and are nicely dressed they think you have money and they are just jealous.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Old fart with a baby face so most people have no idea my true age......until I start talking about the Beatles, Stones or the Who...........
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Former ATF texts me she is excited to go see Bass Nectar in concert. I see her again and I ask her how "Bass" (like the fish) Nectar was? She teases me and I think my coolness factor dropped a few notches after that faus pax.
  • beekers
    7 years ago
    I go for the oldest tolerable-looking woman in the joint, just to save that embarrassment!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Wasn't so much an event as it was a surprise when we found out she was a few years younger than my son who she knew.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Music and rotary phone references have already been cited. Next would be when any President before Obama is a historical figure to them, although I try to avoid political discussions. But the one where I get caught the most is when there is a game on tv and I comment about how someone reminded me of Randy Moss or Cris Carter and get a blank stare, even though they seem to follow football generally. God forbid I bring up Alan Page or Fran Tarkenton.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I was wearing a t-shirt that had a caricature of a beaver with shaving cream on his face. The caption read "I love shaved beaver". The young dancer asked me if beaver meant the same thing as pussy.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Most dancers have no idea that 'Queen for a Day" has nothing to do with LBGT life style.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    The DS referred to a guy younger than me as “old.” I just stared at her. Finally it dawned on her, so she asks “how old are you.” She knew how old I am, we have discussed it a few times before. But instead of pointing that out I just told her my age. She was quiet and thought for a bit. Then she says “you’re older than my father.” “I know” I said, and that was the end of the discussion. This kind of hurt my feelings. But a couple of hours later I shot my cum down her throat. Then I felt better.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Cumming in her mouth and shooting it down her throat would cure most slights. Glad to hear it, JS69. Off hand can't think of any time I baffled a dancer with a reference to anything before her time, but I don't doubt somewhere along the line there was miscommunication between a dancer and myself.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I told a dancer she reminded me of Gates McFadden from The Next Generation - she did not recognize the actress or that I was referring to a TV show.
  • grand1511
    7 years ago
    Happened just a couple weeks ago....I referenced Monty Python and the dancer in my lap said "I've always wanted to own a snake."
  • ww
    7 years ago
    @Lurker_X: I know who that is, as I'm into Trek, but I know Trekkies who don't even know that actress by name...lol!
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    at 67 i'm all ackward everywhere i go. and it gets more so the older i get.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    and i hope NEVER see a stripper older than me.
  • NaturalSelection
    7 years ago
    Today I told a dancer to hit me up on AOL Instant Messenger...
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Tomorrow night I’m taking a 29 year old beauty to dinner and a show and I could care less what anyone else thinks. I’ll have a good time and so will my young friend and after the show we’ll go back to her apartment and give all of the good folks that disapprove something to gossip about.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Justme, If I ever see a stripper my age, I'm walking out! Forget that, I'm running
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    When I started clubbing in my 40s, I would occasionally meet a dancer slightly older than me. Now, in my 60s, *all* dancers are at least 20 years younger. (Well, except at C-Mowe's in Washington Park, IL!) As long as the DJ plays rock or pop music, there's a good chance that I can identify it, but if it's either country or "urban", I'm hopeless. I tend to avoid conversational topics that would emphasize the vast gap in our knowledge or experience, such as politics and religion. There's always something to talk about: movies, concerts, restaurants, . . . If all else fails, I tell some of my infinite trove of dirty jokes -- they're ageless!
  • eyeofodin
    7 years ago
    20 ish years ago when "Brown Eyed Girl" was playing and I remarked about how I loved my first pocket am/fm transistor radio, it was a beauty........"what's a transistor radio?"... I knew I was old.
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    I was talking with a cute 19 year old at the bar and she mentioned that her favorite tv show was "Lethal Weapon." I told her I had never seen the show but I always liked the "Lethal Weapon" movies and asked her if the show was as good as the movies. She got a blank look on her face and then asked when they made a movie out of the show. After that I decided we should go to the vip so we didn't need to talk anymore.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I wonder how many posters on here ever used a party line or even know what it was?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i remember...
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I remember my parents talking about party lines. :)
  • K
    7 years ago
    Shadowcat. I did not have a party line but my uncle did when i was very young
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I wonder if strippers had boyfriends back then. I couldn't imagine anyone playing Pong all day.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc, I remember picking up the phone and telling the operator who I wanted to speak with. Part of growing up in a small town.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ are you Floyd the barber, or Otis the town drunk?
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I was talking with a stripper at one of the Illinois clubs I was at in November and I told her the girl onstage looks like Dana Scully from the X Files. She goes "Who's that?"
  • WillMunny
    7 years ago
    I recently struck up a conversation with a twentysomething gal that had a Star Wars tattoo. When I mentioned having seen the original in theaters, it was like telling her I remembered being present at a historic event: "Wooowww, that is sooo coool!" I tried not to think about the affection she probably has for Jar Jar Binks.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Flagooner - I think they used their quarters at those mall arcades - and played PAC Man - Galaga - and maybe Frogger? Lol! There used to be groups of dirt bags who seemed to spend the whole day hanging at video arcades - going outside to smoke pot - or to start fights. Back then I think they had air hockey tables too?
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    A lot changed after mankind learned how to harness electricity.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion