tuscl

Shut everything down

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
It's snowing at my house in suburban Atlanta.

35 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Well at my house in Delray Beach it’s sunny and 86 degrees. ; )
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    Same here in North Atlanta. Snowing at a pretty good clip.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    It hasnt even snowed up here yet. Huh
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Great stuff, we get 1-2 inches tonight. I remember when I drove up from Miami several years ago and everything was shut down. I didn't have problems too bad, what's a little ice covered roads ? :)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Atlanta shuts down when there is snow. It’s safer for those inexperienced snow drivers to be off the road.
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    Shadow, too bad you don't have a Follies girl getting stuck at your house for a day or so. Need to work on your timing.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Sleet in NC maybe snow tomorrow.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Are you going sledding?
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Yep, everything went ape shit crazy around here, too. I can see that what has fallen has already started to melt, though, so it's just wet roads.
  • snowtime
    7 years ago
    Some snow on the ground in Decatur area, but looks like rain now so I suspect it will melt here pretty soon.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    25 Have you ever been to Boston's on the beach in Delray? We're getting up to a foot tomorrow so we'll break out the vapes and go drive around in it.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Snow is falling now so people have probably started to freak out, and they will start closing schools for next week
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    It's been in the 80s in Miami - it's supposed to drop into the 40s overnight over the weekend, so maybe we'll get some snow also

:)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @skibum I’ve been to Boston’s a few times it’s not as good as it used to be next time you head this far south PM me and I’ll give you better restaurants. Maybe even get an afternoon and hit a few clubs.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Yep, various schools panicked and almost created another traffic disaster.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Was listening to the school closings for Atlanta on the radio and heard that Friday Night advanced pole-dancing class was canceled at Pole la Teaze. And you thought they just "know" how to work those poles LOL!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Yeah, my son sent me a video of it snowing outside his home yesterday. He is in Atlanta in the east area..
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    It just quit snowing on the south side. 1-2 inches on the grassy areas. Streets just wet but may get black ice tonight.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Western NC got close to twelve inches in parts others got around six
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Your road crews are pussies !!!!!!!!! MEOW !!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    We laugh when it snows in my home state.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    How thick does the snow get in places people live, like for example Atlanta? Do you normally drive your car around in the snow? Bicycle?

In San Jose, its zero. Never snows at all but maybe just a few minutes worth once in 10 years. Zero accumulation. Gets cold enough for puddles to freeze about once every three years, but just a few nights of the year does it get that cold.

Only about 15" of rain per year, less than most of the Bay Area.

SJG
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    Just got back from the club where it is snowing in NJ&PA. It's not quite sticking to the roads yet, but at least 2 girls scheduled to dance were no-shows, both of which were girls I specifically went to see. I made due with the girls that did make it in though!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc,

"black ice"? Racist!
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Clubber - "black ice matters"
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Old white racist LMFAO
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i'd be happy with just a nice rain here in socal.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i should include all the southwest.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc,

Honestly, I have no idea what 'black ice" even is. First i hear of it was a cabbie in Dayton, OH. I was be up there on Monday, but they had this big storm, so I was cancelled. Then on Monday the boss asks if I can get there on Tuesday. Sure, if I can get a flight. I end up getting there about 1 in the AM. Cabbie is driving me to where I was staying on I-75. He kept tapping the brakes. When I asked him why, he said to see if there was "black ice". So of course I asked what that was and he said it's just regular ice! So I said, well OK!
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... Honestly, I have no idea what 'black ice" even is ..."

I believe black ice is ice in a bad neighborhood - but don't quote me on that
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    The ideal situation is so close
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm from So Cal but even I know what it is. "Black ice, sometimes called clear ice, is a thin coating of glaze ice on a surface, especially on roads. The ice itself is not black, but visually transparent, allowing the often black road below to be seen through it. Wikipedia".
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc,

Pretty much what the guy told me, just regular ol' ice.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Shadowcat. I bought MackTruck's fleet of trucks. We are sending down all 25 of them full of snow to dump on your property. That will build a snow fort or 2. LMAO
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    vm,

Man, that's cold! In more ways than one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion