tuscl

Bitcoin

Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:05 AM
Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 BTC > $8000

29 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Congratulations to all #HODLers! And to skeptics and, especially highly vocal skeptics: LOL @ U! Keep doubting. We'll just keep making money!
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Bitcoin skeptics: "Yeah, but 80% of financial media pieces say its all a bubble!" HODLers: Serious? Great guess we'll buy more! Skeptics: You'll all be sorry when it crashes like the stock market did in 1929. HODLers: Yeah, okay. Thanks for the warning, now I got to go wire some more USD so I can buy more...
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    #HODLing on to the moon!
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I still don't understand Bitcoin. It seems to be a digital currency that can be used as a medium of exchange. The advantage over dollars appears to be secrecy--you can use it for illegal activities and for evading taxes. The value of a Bitcoin would seem to depend on what everyone using Bitcoin says it's worth. But what would cause the value of a Bitcoin be increasing rapidly? Besides a bubble? This is just an intellectual curiosity on my part. I have no intention of investing in it.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    jackslash: "The value of a Bitcoin would seem to depend on what everyone using Bitcoin says it's worth" True of anything. Its value is what the market says its value is. Part of the value is based on its future use in electronic transactions. Thing can be made alot cheaper than for current electronic transactions, and they can take place much faster. The other big thing it has going for it compared to USD is predictable supply. Some people think finite supply is an advantage as well. I think that's true if it's not gunning to be the dominate world currency. If it is gunning to the dominate world currency then that's a disadvantage.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I think what is causing the latest rally is a couple of things: BTC futures coming online. That will allow larger merchants to hedge away price fluctuations which should mean more acceptance. The other thing is recent progress on the lightning network which would deal with some Bitcoins scaling problems, as well allow transaction across different crypto currencies.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Here is a start: [view link] 23:50
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @jackslash Actually the value increases as the supply shrinks as it apparently did this week the speculation was a hard fork(basically a doubling) was going to increase the supply and when that didn’t materialize the swings were all over the place, but, for now the bitcoin fans have adjusted to the supply as it stands it should show some growth and maybe even a little stability, at least until the next published event.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Can't say I agree that the Segwit2 had much affect on anything. Bitcoin was rallying into it. It caused a little short term volatility and guys like @mark94 thought they might finally be vindicated, but it didn't last long. It kept rallying afterward. So when something rallies into an expected event, expected event doesn't happen, then continues previous rally, I don't think the expected event had much to do with anything anyway.
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    My understanding is that the recent dip and subsequent bounce was related to the prior forked chain, Bitcoin Cash. the fears of Segwit2x didnt seem to do much.
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    I know very little about BC but more and more random people are starting to talk to me about it as if it is an investment opportunity. Thing is, they don't understand either. lol. Reminds me how everyone was a Real-estate expert right before the crash in '08. I wouldn't touch it.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @FTS: yes, I think there was a rotation for a day or two from BTC to BCH. The sum of the two stayed pretty constant through it all though. And then some billionaires jumped in to buy BTC around $5600 and that was about the end of that.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    If @Lone_Sheep is calling Bitcoin a bubble then we are definitely fine.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Well actually real estate is mostly back and higher than be fore the bloodletting began so it might be a lesson for some.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the information Dougster and Futuretrackstar.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    California Lottery: Wheeeeeee! Vegas Roulette Wheel: Wheeeeee! Pork Belly Futures: Wheeeeee! Winning Money By Other People's Losses: Wheeeeee! Ponzi Schemes: Wheeeeee! [view link] SJG
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    thank you for pointing out the typo, SJG.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @SJG is gay! LOL!
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    SJG why don't you realize that the sooner you pull a Mia culpa to all the trash takin f about the markets you've done since you started posting, the sooner people can move on from your idiotic stance on something you've been completely wrong for so long. In the past 3 and 1/2 years you talk about a "bubble" in the markets, yet they e doubled in value(nearly). You've got a serious credibility problem and your show of damage control is to double down on your incorrect assessment, further digging your hole of discredibility even further. Why?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    This BitCoin stuff does not even deserve to be called a market. These stock market bubbles really don't either. SJG
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Ah, @SJG talking like he is an expert, once again, on stuff he knows absolutely nothing about. The soup floating around in @SJG's head doesn't even deserve to be called a brain.
  • tumblingdice
    7 years ago
    Gas,the SJG point is pretty much moot,I doubt he will ever amount to much.But I'll tell you this much,I still get a chuckle from when you said,"Tongue punch the fartbox".
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Lmfao
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Bitcoin $10k by the end of the year
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    $13k by February
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    Mo’ money fo’ strippers
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    ^^^ Shit! This is for real
  • founder
    7 years ago
    FWIW... I just took my first subscription using Bitcoin.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^^It's worth more already ; )
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion