tuscl

Celebrities in strip clubs

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:24 AM
I am curious if anyone has ever seen celebrities in strip clubs? I used to fly quite often and I have seen my share of actors, coaches, athletes and politicians in airports and on planes, but I have never seen any of the above in strip clubs. I have never been to a club in NY or LA so that may be part of it. I guess the closest to a celeb I have ever seen was this past May when I was in Tampa, I followed Joe Redner into the Mons. (and if you don't know who Joe Redner is, then you should resign your tuscl membership.)

16 comments

• TimboAtl
    17 years ago
    I have seen my share of NBA and NFL stars in clubs. Saw several members of the Portland Trailblazers in a club in Dallas a couple years ago, when they were in the playoffs against the Mavs. Most interesting sighting was Queen Latifah at a club in NYC. When she walked in, about 10 dancers swarmed around her table. The dancer that was with me said Queen Latifah really liked girls and was a great tipper, just before she left me to join the crowd at her table.
  • LonelyExec
    17 years ago
    I actually gave a very drunk John Goodman a ride back from the East St. Louis strip joints to his hotel in St. Louis.
  • FunSeeker
    17 years ago
    There was a FAKE Celebrity by the name of parodyman--> in Wichita clubs!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I am told by my former ATF, that Brittney Spears has visited my favorite club while doing a concert in town.
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    I've talked to a couple of dancers in ATL...they hate celebs. As a matter of fact, they generally don't keep cash on them and consequently don't tip well -- as if they're doing the dancer a favor. Maybe its just thug musician types.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Ice-T is one of the celebrities strippers at my home club told me had been in, with the rapper Scarface. And, yes, he has to be the worst actor ever to move his lips.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    John Goodman and Mark McGuire are said to frequent the club I usually go to in the STL area, although I have never seen either one of them. I do not hear good things about Goodman. August Busch III, president of Anheuser-Busch, is said to frequent the club next door, and is considered by the dancers to be polite and good company.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I've had several dancers from HH in Kokomo and BBF in Indy tell me of quite a few celebrities in these clubs... Both of these seem to draw a fair amount of Indy and NASCAR drivers and support crew. Also, several NBA players have been mentioned - and a few were involved in a shooting outside of Club Rio in Indy a few months back. I don't remember the name (seems like it was Cheese or something off-the-wall like that), but, as the story goes he was part of the entourage of 50-Cent, and was looking for girls to be in photo shoots and videos. I've personally, never seen any celebs in the clubs, but I think it's because they get plenty of groupies, etc., to satisfy their needs and don't need to go to clubs.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    On a visit to the Silver Bullet in Urbana, IL (Home of the University of Illinois); I was surprised to see the former pimp, rapper, gangster and some say "actor" .... ICE -T being surrounded by a bevy of dancers and his own security detail.
  • Darkwolf
    17 years ago
    Seen several atheletes in a club... one very recently
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Once, while in SLC, I saw a couple of NBA players in a club. Not being a BB fan, I've no idea who they were, but judging by the cash flow and someone telling me they were, I've no reason to believe otherwise.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Other than a few athletes, the only public figure I've seen in a club was a network news reporter. He didn't seem very into it. I've had strippers tell me about all kinds of musicians and actors, but I've never seen any.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'm not usually watching the crowd in a strip club unless things are going slow or I'm walking around the crowd. I remember seeing a celebrity in Hooters (I don't remember his name but I've seen him on tv from time to time as a comedian.) Other than that I don't remember any celebrities in clubs or restaurants. I probably could be talking to some celebrities and not even know it though. I only remember the names and faces of the most famous people. Probably more faces than names though. If I saw Britney Spears and Paris Hilton in a strip club, I would recognize them.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Two of my regular Providence clubs are frequented by members of the NE Patriots and the Red Sox. About 20 years ago Marvin Hagler used to be a regular at my first club in Peabody Mass.
  • IHearVoices
    10 years ago
    First time I ever went to a SC, Nick Van Exel and Sam Cassell were there (Club Lexx in Miami, 1999). This was back when Lexx had the "Ro" in it and was the black club in Miami. I've seen quite a few at KOD - well, because it's KOD - but I don't recall seeing anyone famous anywhere else.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I saw Arnold once at the Mall of America when he was shooting "Jingle All the Way." One of my co-workers at the time also worked at the laser-tag arena that was in the MOA, where he saw Emilio Estevez and the rest of the Mighty Ducks. Sounds like Estevez is pretty short. I'm average height, about 5'11". My co-worker came up to shoulder height on me -- and Estevez came up to shoulder height on him. As far as seeing any celebrities in a strip joint, no, but I seem to remember one dancer commenting that Estevez was in her club earlier that week -- and that he was short.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion