tuscl

Hooters vs Strip clubs

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
I was talking to a stripper the other day who used to work at Hooters. I asked her what percentage of guys at the strip club ty to have sex with her. She said it was around 40%. Then I asked her what percentage of guys at Hooters tried to have sex with her. She said it was around 80%.

I didn't want to make any assumptions about her understanding of mathematical concepts, so I asked her to confirm that roughly twice as many guys at Hooters tried to have sex with her as compared to guys at a strip club. She confirmed that was about right, guys are Hooters were significantly more likely to come on to her in some way that was directed at getting sex.

This girl seemed credible, but still this surprised me. Why would guys be more likely to try and get sex with her in a business where she is wearing clothes, as opposed to another business where she strips nude?

If it matters she works at a high end non-extras club. And I'd say the girl was a 9, with D cup natural tits.

13 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    I've never tried to get sex from a Hooters girl, but I would like to. Did you ask her how many guys had succeeded in getting sex?
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    How old were the guys hitting on her at Hooters? I can see young guys with no money trying their game on a cute waitress in hopes of scoring for free. Where as in a strip club, no money gets you nothing.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I tend to treat Hooters like any other restaurant for the most part. Any interaction with the waitress will be maybe light flirtation at most, but no, i have never propositioned a waitress, even at a strip club. If a strip club monger doesn't do it, i doubt that 80% of male customers are trying. I'm guessing most people go there to eat. Most customers are with their family and friends. People don't like to eat by themselves. She probably thinks that because probably about 80% of the shifts that she works, she was propositioned, that it happens "all" the time. And restaurants, especially chains like Hooters are usually way busier than strip clubs. Now if she was saying that a lot more customers were trying to pick her up/ask her out/get her number i can totally believe that. None of that means they're getting sex or anything close to it.
  • anthonyu
    7 years ago
    II doubt her comments are accurate about Hooters. By an order of magnitude or more. 8% would be one guy in 12. Still unbelievable I doubt that 8% of the tables are filled with single guys. More like less than 1% - one a day, maybe.

On the other hand, in a strip club, I'd bite on 40%.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Could it be as simple as - the guys who go to her club are more aware the strippers don’t usually go home with customers - and the guys who go to Hooters still think they have a shot?

Maybe the strip club experience fulfills more of the desire - and the other place creates the desire but doesn’t fulfill it?

Or - did she not include offers of prostitution in her percentage? If it was guys wanting to have sex with her - she might not consider paying to be sex.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    This was the first time I met her but she didn't seem like a prostitute. At least she declined my very generous offer to accompany me in my nearby hotel after her shift was over.
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    Maybe the unwrapped fruit seems sweeter.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I can agree with JS69 and have evidence to back this up. Many years ago I visited my friend who lives in a large metro area. He was 31 at the time. Good looking guy who went to the gym every single day. Loves strip clubs and bangs strippers just like all of us. Anyway he takes me to a Hooters which is one of his local haunts.

Goes in and I can immediately tell he’s a regular there, and while he’s there, he’s hitting on all these gorgeous Hooters waitresses who are all in their very early 20s. All the while they are actually making fun of him to his face but he’s too blind to see it. I tried to explain to him that unless he pulls up in a Ferrari these girls want absolutely nothing to do with him, he’s 31 and these girls are 21, they’re interested in fucking other 21 year old guys, and the he was a “creepy old dude” in their eyes.

So I could seriously see countless guys like my friend come in and hit on Hooter waitresses all night long.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    It could also be thst she was seeing what she wanted to see. Any guy acting friendly was "trying to have sex with her"

On the other hand, there is scoring being done at Hooters, often for money. not widespread, but it happens. I had one ex Hooters girl tell me there are girls at every Hooters known to make money on the side. I can vouch for a couple firsthand over the decades.
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Totally credible. In the eyes of the typical Joe who doesn't read TUSCL: girls at strip clubs are OBVIOUSLY already set up with a presumption that they will NOT go out with customers (supposedly) whereas girls at Hooters are just very attractive waitresses. Ask a stripper for a date, you're basically asking her to forego her income in favor of your own masculine charms. Ask a Hooters waitress for a date, you're (supposedly) telling her that there is more opportunity to interact for her benefit, not less.

I don't actually believe the statistics, mind you. I just suggest that they are CREDIBLE from the point of view of the (as stated) average Joe who doesn't read TUSCL.

Now, if the question were, "What percentage of men attempt to have sex with you in a pay-for-play hooker-and-John type of manner" I would be surprised if Hooters waitresses were at a higher percent than strippers.

• WillMunny
    7 years ago
    Shailynn's point is a good one, you have to define your terms clearly. I'd assume the percentage of customers asking a breastaurant waitress out (with sex being the goal, stated or implied) ends up higher than the corresponding percentage of PLs in a club for two reasons:

1) A waitress has an implicitly higher degree of attainability (she's hot but she's "just a waitress") than a dancer; perception of costs would also tend to reinforce this if the custie is making a transactional offer (dancer's VIP time starts around the same base number as a waitress might make before tips in a full shift).

2) Seeing a dancer naked will satisfy a majority of strip club customers without pursuing more (ITC or OTC). Remember those who understand what "extras" are available are in the substantial minority.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    One other point...

When guys go into strip clubs most know a strippers job is to separate the guy from his money, more like a business transaction.

Hooter girls aren’t all that different, extra flirting usually results in higher tips, many bonehead guys assume the extra friendly attitude by their Hooters waitress translates into “my Hooters waitress must think I’m hot” usually followed by cheesy come ons.
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    When Hooters first opened up in the Phoenix area decades ago they had the hottest waitresses. Smoking hot. Place was always packed. Now, whenever I visit a Hooters (rarely) the waitresses working are very average looking and would struggle to make money in a sc. Tilted Kilt has much hotter waitresses.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion