tuscl

Scanning Driver’s License

mark94
Arizona
I don’t go into any club that scans DL. No, I’m not on the FBI most wanted. And, I’m definitely over 21. It’s just a matter of principle and privacy.

Now, my favorite club has started scanning.

Can anyone convince me to allow the club to scan my DL ?

31 comments

• ppwh
    7 years ago
    There are naked women in there!
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Get a fake id
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    That says your 65
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    Tits & Ass & Pussy. That enough reasons for ya?

Search around. Some clubs just ask to look at them. Others don't even do that. Unfortunately two of my favorite clubs seem to scan, but the more you complain about it the more attention you draw to yourself.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I used to refuse to allow my license to be scanned. But this turned out to be very inconvenient and kept me out of clubs that I really wanted to go to. So one day the little head decided to say fuck it and take the risk. I don't like it but it's just one of the prices that have to be paid.

Only one bad thing has ever happened. A club in my area mailed me a brochure. I found it in the mailbox before the wife did but I was pissed. I complained at the club and they denied that it had happened. I never went back to that club.

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    mark94: "I don’t go into any club that scans DL."

Completely agree with this. Consider how shady strip club employees/managers are. Think they won't try and run a little identity theft or at the very least sell your personal information if offered even a dime?

Fuck that faggotry.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    It is a little creepy. I've never been to a place that scans. I assume they're scanning just to make sure it's a real ID, and thereby limiting their liability. If it were any other business, I wouldn't be concerned. But for a "gray market" business, like a strip club, which the local government and the community tends not to approve of... I don't know.
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    I will show it, but will not allow for a scan.

Identity theft. Privacy. Unwanted mail.

I ask for a manager, explain that I will be forced to leave and never return if they insist on scanning and give my reasons. Then, their call. They scan, I walk.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    Get yourself a passport card. Government issued ID, no address or other personal information. If they scan it at a strip club they should get nothing of value off of it. Unless I am completely mistaken, which has been known to happen occasionally.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve not yet had my license scanned. I’d be likely to walk out if they were going to do this at one of my clubs. Isn’t the point to make sure you are of age? If they think I’m under 21 - that’s their stupidity!

No need to scan my license at a strip club - airport security can scan it - but there’s a big difference between the two!
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > Isn’t the point to make sure you are of age

From reading reviews over the years, sometimes the guys are told that it's in case they cause any trouble in the club. I have been to some that use it as a membership card, too, instead of issuing one for the club. Maybe they're trying to prevent groups of guys going in on a timeshare with a membership card to avoid paying the $10 or whatever each.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The websites for these scanners have a long list of what can be done with this info. Some of them are troubling. Mailing lists, for example. Imagine if there is an incident in the club and LE wants to contact persons of interest or potential witnesses. Or, a dancer makes an accusation and wants to identify a customer. Some of these scanners capture photos.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    We have two places around here that scan: One I never go to and the other allows me in without scanning because they know I spend. Not a woman on earth worth getting my license scanned and there is not a single valid reason for doing so other than their plan to sell your information to marketers.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I call people out for being paranoid, but this is one risk I'm not willing to take.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I agree with flagooner and others. I will show my ID but not let it be scanned. Not at a strip club.

At least I haven't given in yet. When the cock gets hard, the brain gets foggy. Hopefully I stick to my guns on this.
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    Luckily I have never had to deal with this yet. Maybe I am clueless but I don believe I would have thought twice about it. Though what Js69 had happen hit home. An add from a strip club with my name would not be good, as my wife always picks up the mail. What other concerns should I have, other than just privacy?
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’m sure my argument wouldn’t work at a club - but has the club scanned the drivers licenses of each of the folks working there? I’d strongly doubt it. This is a (primarily) cash business. The thing I like about that is it doesn’t leave an electronic paper trail.

There are a few threads discussing the reasons for not using a credit card in the club. I think this is providing a lot of information - and the club really has no legit reason to collect it.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Many states, such New Jersey, require a SSN in order to get a driver’s license. When asked, NJ DMV refused to disclose whether the SSN is encoded on the DL.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I’ll never allow my DL to be scanned, I’ll go somewhere else.
    We had a thread about this a while back if anyone can find it post it here there were some good comments and some the posters who weighed in here were saying the opposite of what they are saying now.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I can't convince you, because I myself can't be convinced.

I absolutely refuse (on the grounds of common sense) to put my personal information into the hands of a strip club.

No. Just no.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Here’s a scenario that may be far fetched. Let’s say some disgruntled SC employee gets ahold of the DL file. It would be easy to identify customers who were married and who lived in affluent areas. It would be easy to find out where they worked. Sounds like fertile ground for blackmail. Or, a prospect list for strippers looking to cash in with the right customer.
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    For the umpteenth time, driver license scan is a deal breaker for me. No club is worth having my license scanned into a dubious data base. Where it might be tough for some people to take this stance would be if every, or most worthwhile clubs in area adopted this practice. Afaik, this is the case in ABQ, and maybe some metro NC areas. What can I say, but "ROAD TRIP".

The 2 common reasons for this are either clubs must maintain a charade of being a "members only club" for continued operations, or they're super nervous about being burned for letting an underage patron in, and losing their liquor license. That is a legitimate concern, but how about some discretion there. Does the idea of a doorman scanning a patrons license who has been of legal drinking age since long before the doorman took his first crap in his diaper at least register a flicker on your asinine sensing meter ?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    In Phoenix, there is one club that stands out, Hi Liter. It appears they have started scanning. If they keep it up, I’ll have to stop going, which will vastly reduce my involvement with SCs. I’ll have to find a new form of entertainment.

I was hoping someone in this thread could reassure me about scanning. It didn’t happen.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    Has anyone gotten fake DL for this purpose. Teenagers get them all the time. Can’t be too hard.
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    Not sure I am willing to commit a felony just to get in to a strip club anonymously,

Just say no.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @doctorevil, would a fake DL scan? I thought one of the things they're scanning for is to find out if it's real or fake.
  • azrookie
    7 years ago
    Fake IDs are simple to get. Ask any college kid you know how to get one. All of my college aged kids had one. $100 - $200 for 2, made in China, with your picture and name but phony address in another state. That way, you can't be accused of ID theft. Son told me he had his scanned a few times and did not get rejected. I doubt that the SC dbase is bounced off of the DMV or any other gov't dbase. It must be a "cover your ass" move. Particularly in the case of HL in Phoenix. Remember a few weeks ago they garnered some positive local press for their participation in the "bouncer training" class as a response to the Centerfolds situation.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I have heard about this, but never seen it. I can only see two reasons for it:

1. Their insurance company wants it because it should make the place safer.

2. They may secretly be a membership club. They don't tell you this, but they will claim it when challenged by LE. This means that they cannot obtain a liquor license and generally cannot sell alcohol. But BYOB can be okay. The advantage is that it gets them outside of all public sex and lewdness laws. Though it does not get them around the prostitution law, but it likely does make it impossible to enforce. It all becomes like a big private party, or like a swingers club. I would prefer if we had such clubs here.

I appreciate that many would object to this scanning and records keeping, and so we all have to make our own choices.

In my future travels, I do plan to be cooperating with any such scanning and I will be looking favorably on any such membership strip clubs. In general, it won't matter to me where people know that I have been, and most of the time I will be in the company of strippers anyway.

SJG
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I use Douchester's name. That way when the cops break down his door, I can stand nearby and laugh. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Only one club in South FL that I know of that scans DLs (Showgirls towards the south-end of Miami-Dade county; I think it may be a corporate-owned club and thus the scan-shit, but not sure) - I don't have a S.O. so not a huge deal for me but as others have pointed out the possibility for identity-theft is there. I always assumed the reason they did it is to know who what at the club in case any crime ever occurred.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    As far as I know no Detroit clubs scan DL's. I turn around and leave at clubs that ask. Nothing positive to be gained in my opinion in giving them any of the electronic information contained on them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion