tuscl

Fighting Muggles!

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
I am fighting them ever single day!

A lot of what it seem to come down to is suburban thinking. Suburban thinking is what is displayed in Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling.

Suburban thinking is based on the idea that there are good people and bad people, and that the goal of life is to display yourself as one of the good people, and to set up communities with only good people. The main determinant of who is good and who is bad, is money.

The way Muggles look at it, good people measure up to social expectations, and most of all, they fulfill the expectations of their parents. Hence you have the good family.

And so they want to build a world which excludes bad people. If not excluding them, it at least subjugates them by pressing them into a penitent posture.

So Muggles believe that good people will always go along with normative politics. They believe that progressive politics is the domain of bad people, lazy, delinquent people, people who don't listen to their parents, people who don't live up to normative expectations.

Most Muggles are Republicans, but in areas where most people are Democrats, Muggles are pseudo Democrats, like Hilary Clinton.

Living in the suburbs does not necessarily cost more than living in a city, but in suburbs there is a much greater emphasis on the laws of property, and on separating the good people from the bad. In cities, strict enforcement of property laws becomes impossible. So many homeless and drifters.

The suburbs don't always cost more to live in, but they define themselves by strict enforcement. While I say it is about money, what it really is about is giving support for the ideologies of compliance, this actually outranks money. So its religion, upwards mobility and motivationalism. These are what I am fighting daily. I am fighting the ways that middle-class interests play out in local politics.

SJG

London must be an interesting place:
144. Chaos Magick | Daily Practice | Divine Masculine ☽✪☾
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw7brwD…

In A Casual Vacancy, one woman, a social worker, had moved out to the small city from London, and one jr high school age by with the worst sort of jerk for a father, wanted to move to London.

Hermetic Hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRLOLa18…

15 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    OMFG I'm going to keep NaturalSelection's link as it is the funniest pic about SJG I've seen yet. Is Muggles a new piece of terminology that SJG learned, and in order to remember it he must use it in a sentence for every paragraph written? Jeesh.....
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Let me guess...your wizarding pet is a frog named "Gravy"
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Well, I guess that's a kinder / gentler way to refer to the orderlies working your ward.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    San Jose Guy is the type of person who can recite every lyric to every single Devo album ever made, but always forgets to wipe his ass when he takes a shit.

The official collector of useless knowledge and information.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    NaturalSelection had the perfect response - lol!

Shailynn - excellent comment! That's probably very close to the truth!
  • ime
    7 years ago
    What a fag!
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    People really are stupid. As I am intensely involved in local political issues I am talking to people constantly. Now of course I am promoting a progressive view. And I have found that I have the greatest chance of being persuasive with Blacks, Latinos, and East Indians. When it comes to Whites, the chances are lower. Today I talked to one guy, White. I know that he lives in his van, could well be on Disability or SSI. He really is an idiot. All he cared about was immigrants and illegal immigrants. He world revolves around his dislike of them.

I suggested that he not try to introduce that issue, as it is a distraction and the people on both sides will reject that. So he said, "So are you a liberal?"

You get this from White people, especially low income. They think that way. They support the Right, and with this guy that probably includes Trump.

SJG

portal address, please save this address:
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgsmonger…

King Crimson, live in Japan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYE7XCVA…
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    Lloyd only talks and engages with people who will debate him. He has nobody on his side so his brain's train of thought is to argue with someone. He never has thought that he could give in and concede on some opinions in order to become a team member. No then his organization would expand to double its size, two!
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    @JimGassigan the issue is deeper. He is a narcissist. A blathering idiotic one at that, making him incapable of rationally understanding other perspectives. He's never going to view his points as ever wrong because he is incapable of comprehending that what he says doesn't make any sense. And his narcissism makes him believe that anybody disagreeing is an idiot.

Watch his posts. It is a study of classic narcissism. They are always condescending if they are at someone in disagreement. There's going to be an insult somewhere in it too, especially if he has no "logical" counterpoint to make. And yeah, he will insist on getting the last word in because that is how he views his points are "winning".

It's fun to reply to him just to see all it play out as predicted. Even when he reads this post it will prove my point when he posts after it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    SJG said: "Today I talked to one guy, White. I know that he lives in his van."

So when you say that you're "politically active" in your community, what that really means is that you're walking around yelling at the homeless.
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    @sirlapdancealot “A blathering idiotic one at that, making him incapable of rationally understanding other perspectives. He's never going to view his points as ever wrong because he is incapable of comprehending that what he says doesn't make any sense. And his narcissism makes him believe that anybody disagreeing is an idiot.

Watch his posts. It is a study of classic narcissism. They are always condescending if they are at someone in disagreement. There's going to be an insult somewhere in it too, especially if he has no "logical" counterpoint to make. And yeah, he will insist on getting the last word in because that is how he views his points are "winning".”

so you are saying that san_jose_guy is ninabambina and ninabambina is san_jose_guy? yep, so many things now make a lot of sense
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    @DoctorPhil LOL I will defer to your professional opinion on the matter. I have no issue with NinaBambina.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I think the most important thing in fighting muggles is that you are not being one yourself. As I see it the most important factor is that you are continuing to educate yourself, I mean really challenge yourself. And most of the time this means life long book learning. You know where your understanding stops, what sorts of things you have a hard time understanding, find just to be beyond you.

Well, when you are educating yourself it is different from when you are in school. You can draw from multiple sources and go at your own pace.

I say that we all need to do this, or we start to go senile. So I am continuing to educate myself, and I will continue for as a long as I live.

I would have been a muggle myself, except that as a child I found ways to resist.

But this does not mean that adult life has been easy for me. Quite the contrary. Just having resisted does not mean that one has been able to develop into what they need to be. This later is a life long project.

I see one good thing. Of younger people, not all of them are like the muggles I am fighting in the political arena.

SJG

Picasso
    http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2011/12/20/…

http://www.spicylingerie.com/ms-b476.htm…

https://www.teddygirl.com/open-boob-crot…
    Most strippers though, at least in the club, don't go for stuff like this.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion