tuscl

The eclipse!

Clubber
Florida
Does anyone buy the "Oh, don't look at it." BS? I just think those that say that only want to say on Tuesday, "We saw it and you didn't, ha ha ha!" Plus at home only about 73% of it, so even less of an issue. Saw a video that showed a camera melting from it "seeing" the sun. Yeah, plastic. A match will do that.

30 comments

• mark94
    7 years ago
    And the winner of this year's Darwin Award is........
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Clubber !!!!
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Must be a conspiracy for the cartel that sells the fancy ISO glasses.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Clubber, PS: You can now upload an animated GIF as your avatar on Tuscl Founder upgraded us either this year. I recall you mentioned that your avatar used to be animated seal.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Be careful! Don't stare at the sun anytime, eclipse or not. UV rays can ruin your retinas. You can buy special glasses or use a pin hole viewer. Or watch the eclipse on Eclipse2017.Nasa.gov
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I read that welding glasses rated 12 or higher will protect your eyes enough to view it.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Most of you went blind a long time ago --- but for other reasons.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    ^^

LOL, RandomMember, that was cruel.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Since there aren't any windows in strip clubs, I doubt that any TUSCL member will see it.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Yeah. I'm staying home from work today bc of that :/
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Clubber don't worry about looking directly into the sun, most of us went blind a long time ago, after all our mothers warned us to stop playing with that, or you'll go blind. LOL
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Welcome back Clubber.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Don't believe the CIS normative patriarchy of facts and science, they don't matter if you disagree with them, look directly into the sun.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Everything the media is saying about not looking at the sun is true anytime -- we've been taught that since we were 5 years old. Don't look directly at the sun without protection...... Don't walk across the street without looking both ways..... pretty basic, nothing new.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Of course I was kidding. But to me, it wasn't anything real special. One of many things I'll never see in my life time.

• Clubber
    7 years ago
    Dominic77,

Tried to upload my old one, no good. I wonder if their is a size limit. There was in the past.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc,

Thanks!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I watched my grass grow today. Much more exciting.

Can you imagine if people travelled to see it an got caught in a rain storm.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    It lasted an hour. Some people have spent days traveling to and fro, just for that one hour.

Imagine seeing it on tv.... on the internet. So much easier......
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I have a friend that drove his grand kids for an hour to just north of Greenville SC. He said it was "awesome". I stayed at home just south of Atlanta and just saw a few more shadows than normal.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Yeah, welcome back, Clubber.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    here in socal it was hardly noticed unless you made a point to see it at the moment.
  • LecherousMonk
    7 years ago
    PotUS says that's all #FakeNews.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Picture of Trump looking directly at sun:

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/0401c722b…
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    I admit it. I watched it today with my wife, daughter, granddaughter and about 40 church friends at the Presbyterian Cemetery in Alexandria. I enjoyed it, even though we got only 80 % coverage.

Eclipses like we have here on Earth are unique in the known universe. No other Moon is sized so that its apparent size is exactly the apparent size of the sun. In seven years, we'll be under a total eclipse. In that event, stars that are behind the sun will be visible on the lunar disk because of Einstein-predicted bending of the photon stream as it passes the sun. How could you not be excited by that?
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    As always, dickbreath txtittyfag has it wrong. Do the universe a favor, dumbass. Kill your stupid self.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I saw it and the weather was great. Sky was clear and the temperature dropped. I saw a large corona and the planet Venus. Locusts started making noises and got louder at about 99% before it went dark and the street lights turned on. I'm happy I got to see it and that the sky was clear here in western South Carolina. I didn't even have to go anywhere. :)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    VM,

Ignore works so well.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    ATACdawg. please remind me of this next eclipse so I can be there. I have yet to see a total eclipse of this type. either I'm in the wrong location at the moment (or asleep.) hopefully it will be a good time.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    I'll try to remember just me, but it will be seven years...... Now, where was I? ;-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion