tuscl

Gary

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:07 PM
Gary, Indiana used to have a pretty good strip club scene with rampant extras in most clubs. As of late, the scene is going the way of the buffalo. The main reasons are: a city council who are anti-strip club and the drugs and prostitution in the clubs were far from a secret. The town council and local black Baptists pushed to close the clubs down and are placing heavy restrictions on any new ones who dare to open up in Gary. You would think a dying steel town full of abandoned houses would welcome any tax revenue and visitors they could get. Here are a few of the clubs that have closed in the last few years: -CT’s by the airport shut down in July. The building is currently being demolished. -Temptations recently closed down. The owner was trying to secretly sell the building without the dancers knowing about it. -Shangri-La has been shut down for years and is being overgrown by weeds. -There was a bar/lounge called AJ’s back in 2013 that was illegally operating as a black strip club and got shut down. All of these clubs were hit with raids upon which drugs and prostitution were found. There are probably many other strip clubs that I am forgetting that closed in the further past. Gary had always been a town of vice, at one point having over two hundred bars and many brothels. The only two clubs still open in Gary are Scores NWI and Honey’s. Someone bought the old Pandora’s Box and is trying to turn it into a nightclub with bikini dancers called The Man Cave. Apparently the city is not allowing alcohol to be sold at any new clubs unless there is no nudity or toplessness. I drove by The Man Cave a Friday night and there was only one car in the lot. After all, who wants to go to a bikini club? Nearby Fantasy in Hammond has been known to be an “anything goes” peeler palace. They were also raided recently and arrests were made. A stripper and a john were caught fucking when the po-po came with the blitzkrieg. I think things have returned to business as usual. The other two clubs in Hammond are “clean”, I think... If you are ever in Gary, check out 2300 Jackson Street. This is the home that Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, grew up in. Another place to check out is 1349 Washington Street. This used to be a brothel owned by Anna Sage frequented by many of the gangsters in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Today an elementary school is at the site. With about a third of the town being abandoned buildings and houses, there is plenty of fare for urban explorers.

7 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    Great post - thank you!
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    Thank you, sinclair! That was a very interesting post about Gary, IN. Now *there's* is a sentence that I never thought I would write! I guess I'd better hit Fantasy while the hittin's good! I ate dinner with a friend in Hammond on a Friday evening in June and actually planned to visit Fantasy first, but I had a more orgasmically good time at Club 390 that afternoon than I had expected and lost interest.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Good intel and background info - at one point Gary was on my radar b/c of the Chicago/Gary black club scene but I too noticed the reviews getting worse w/ time although I had not kept up w/ them recently
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    To bad. For decades Gary has been crapped on by the most corrupt city in the US. Chicago club scene pretty much stinks too. You have to get out of the city to find an 'ok' club and a good club in Chicago is a relative term. If you compare them to Detroit area or many other places it is lousy place to club and I feel safer in Detroit than Chicago.
  • dennyspade
    7 years ago
    Used to be a Black Strip Club in Gary, IN called "Jokers" on Broadway across from Indiana U Northwest Campus. It should have been labeled "Alice's Restaurant," since in the words of Arlo or Woody Guthrie: "You can get anything you want <in Jokers> exceptin' Alice." Private rooms with doors and a willing and able stable of mares ready to play/chew on a carrot. ijs
  • ReplyToCraig
    7 years ago
    I appreciate the intel, but a couple things are slightly amiss...Unless it occurred to day, Temptations was open and operating last night (Sunday, Aug.13th). The Man Cave, while currently operating a bikini bar, does have beer and wine and alcohol in Indiana has nothing to do with the club being topless or bikini. The current problem seems to be a set of rules instituted by the city in March with states strip clubs must close at midnight. THAT is the reason The Man Cave is bikini. No nudity means they can stay open till 3am as opposed to Scores, Honey's and Temptations that are required to close at midnight, although none of them has complied with the order as of today, and the deadline to close at 12 midnight was July 21st, 2017. Stay tuned. I doubt this is over yet, merely the beginning!
  • captanmellow
    7 years ago
    I texted a dancer I know works at Temptations and she said it is still open.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion