tuscl

"Sorry, You're Not My Kind of Girl"

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Friday, July 21, 2017 6:05 PM
As much as I love this song, it never occurred to me until this morning that it would be funny to sing part of this song (it's a 1980s track by New Edition) to dancers I'm not interested in: "(Oh, girl) I'm sorry, you're not my kind of girl 'Cause you're the kind of girl That a man's dreams are made of: Oh girl I'm sorry, you're not my kind of girl Cause you're the kind of girl, that a man would be proud to call his own..." Of course, the problem is that not many dancers would recognize an R&B song that's almost 30 years old...but that could make it even more hilarious. Shoot, if she recognizes the song that'll probably make me get dances anyway.

9 comments

• jackslash
    7 years ago
    This is what I sing to dancers I reject: [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I don't sing to them I just show them the hand :)
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    @jackslash: that is too funny. I wonder if that guy is related to Al. @Papi: I've done that before, but that reminds me: once I was in a SC with a friend and I was playing spades on my phone. This girl came up and apparently propositioned me for a dance, but I had no idea because I was into my game. I finished the game and looked up to see my friend laughing hysterically. Asked him why he was laughing and he told me what happened. I felt kind-of bad, and then - as luck would have it - the girl came back. I ended up shooing her away, and he really got a kick out of that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    About 3 or 4 years ago at The Body Club I went on a late-afternoon and a dancer made a beeline for me as soon as I came in and sat by a table, she came up to me and wanted to sit on my lap w/o asking and besides just having gotten there she was not my type, so as she made her way to sit on my lap uninvited I blocked her with my forearm and didn't let her sit on me - she looked dejected and I felt bad and haven't forgotten that incident, I should've handled it better but she kinda caught me off-guard and on a bad day.
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    I've heard that I can be a real jerk to girls I'm not attracted to in the SC (from friends, not from dancers themselves), which I believe because I know I'm that way in real life. I try to make an effort to not be a bad guy, and I think I succeed for the most part.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    When I saw the title of this post, I immediately thought new edition (as they are one of my favorite groups), but I didn't figure anyone would be making a reference to NE here. So many good songs from this group as they have stood the test of time, even putting out a top R&B song last year on Johnny Gill's album. I would love to sing that song to a dancer if I could do it without getting slapped. Lol Here is the song for anyone who cares to listen. [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    I always was a fan, but my interest picked back up after the BET miniseries. Heart Break is such an amazing album, thanks in large part to this song. It's one of very few albums I can play straight through. I think the reference came up because I was considering hitting the club after work and then I loaded HB onto my playlist.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Agreed, every song off that album is solid. I probably know all of them by heart.
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    Well, at least posted songs are kinder/gentler than the Dice Man: [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion