tuscl

Logging in to TUSCL

MrDeuce
Illinois
Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:44 PM
I bought a new laptop recently and noticed that I have to log in to TUSCL every time, whereas my old PC remembered my username and password. How do I make this computer work the same way? I don't have this problem with other websites that I connect to regularly.

12 comments

• JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Usually when you first log in to any website at the very bottom of the screen your computer or even phone will ask you if you would like to remember this

If it doesn't happen automatically I'm not sure on how to manual do this ?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    It has to do with your browser settings, whether or not you are allowing cookies. web sites need to be able to use these cookies as you go from page to page, to know that you are logged in.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    You don't have to give permission for the site to remember you, as juicebox is saying. Only do that if you want the computer to remember you from session to session.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    But you need to have cookies enabled otherwise the site cannot know if you are logged in as you go from page to page.

SJG
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    You need to set the proper browser settings, and perhaps internet setting, and related security settings, depending on your operating system and chosen browser and so on.

If you want to send me a PM with all your specifics I'd be happy to try to give you detailed instruction.

But my suspicion is that you can do it yourself. Just start ferreting around in the menus until you find some mention of settings like "remember my credentials" and "forget history" and "remember log-ins" and "keep cookies until they expire" or "keep cookies forever" or "delete all cookies when I close the browser" and similar. It's not rocket-science, you CAN figure it out! Just read the plain English on each setting and then click it and see if it does what the label says it does. But it is rather tedious and detail-oriented, so you may get bored and quit before you solve your problem.

Furthermore, each technical set-up is different. First, your operating system will make a difference -- Windows, Apple operating system, or Linux, all three have different approaches to these settings. And second, each browser is different, too -- Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Opera, etc., all hide settings in different locations.

• Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i've never have figured it out. i log in whenever i want to participate.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ do you have to type your info every time? I have to log-in every time but don't have to type my log-in info
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Send founder a screen shot and he can fix it for you
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    yeah, happened a month or two ago for me... used to be I was always just automatically logged in every time I visited the site. Now, I have to log in each day, and I'm pretty sure that if I'm inactive more than a few hours, I have to login again. I'm guessing this is a server-side configuration change, not browser.

Are you guys saying you do not log into the site each day? You're just logged on already when you get here? If so, then it's definitely a config issue on my side (though no idea why, I didn't change anything), but I'm suspecting, like Papi, you all ARE logging in, but your username/password is pre-populated
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    On my iPad I can set my username and password to be remembered or not. If I set it up to be remembered, I just click login.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Ah, right, when MrDeuce wrote "I have to log in to TUSCL every time", I figured he meant that that was the change -- he used to not have to log in at all, the site remembered him each time it saw him and did not require a login (which is the way it USED to work for me). But, I see he also wrote, "whereas my old PC remembered my username and password", which makes it sound like he always logged in each time, it's just that his username and password used to be remembered (which IS definitely a client-side config thing)
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I haven't noticed an issue.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion