tuscl

Gen 1:26 We are Created in the Image of our Creator

BrotherFogHorn
Gawd's Holy Church of Tuscl
Genesis 1:26
In the Image of God
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness (KJV)
26 Then God said, “Let us make a man[a]—someone like ourselves (NLT)
26 God spoke: “Let us make human beings in our image, make them
reflecting our nature (MSG)
26 Then God said, “Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness [not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness] (AMP)

• So what does it mean to be made in the image of God ?
• Our personality ?
• minds to think with?
• emotions to feel with?
• and wills for making decisions?
• Physical body ?

what say you ? please discus below

9 comments

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I don't get my science out of fictional and superstitious books, so I can only comment on my personal belief, which is we have 2 deities. The personal one which by definition is in our image as it's us, and the Creator who is responsible for why the universe is "something" and not "nothing".

Christian dogma combines these two into one, which I find a very dangerous practice because it compels them to make the entire universe Christian. Deities never kill anyone; it's just the people who believe in the righteousness of their personal deity who do.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    Nothing has ever happened spontaneously!
    In the history of science there has never ever ever been any thing that has happened totally without some sort of outside influence. There is no conclusive evidence that the theory of evolution is anything but a theory. There are no links in nature that prove or disprove the theory. Everything for algae to apes shows that plants and animals are in a progression from simplest to most complex. All that proves is that there is a progression.
    To say even the the "Big Bang" happened by random chance if off the charts unlikely.
    Just sayin.
    Experts on both side of this issue (many are rabid in their beliefs) will never agree and will never find conclusive evidence one way or the other at least until they die and then it will be to late to share the information with anyone.

What happens if we are just some being's dream sequence?

Have you seen MIB II with a universe in a locker and our universe is inside another locker in a larger universe?

Then we have the Matrix! LOL

Was it Robert Heinlein that said one mans science is another man's religion and one man's religion is another's belly laugh.

Science and religion should not be mutually exclusive.
    Taking theory as fact is a futile exercise in ignorance . Anyone would claims to be a scientist and states that evolution is a proven fact belongs in the flat earth society along with the rest of the biased morons. Nothing is "settled scientific fact". Unless you can prove it mathematically, it is not proven and even then there is room for doubt.

The deities man creates tend to have his shortfalls and biases. Men interpret and translate to suit their own ends, hence god(s) being petty and biased.Yet if you read the text not man's interpretations it is quite different.
    Witness the atrocities being fomented upon the world by the muslins. The egomaniacs in charge are using a violent religion that was originally created to help control a vicious violent tribal area of the world to attack the rest of the world out of avarice.
    My problem is that "science" has become a religion and atheism, secularism, and humanism are now the official government religion that shall not be impeded on it forced march to dominance. How else do you explain the court's crusade against Christianity. A Muslim wants behead a few Coptic Christians ... go ahead that is protected, murder a priest ...fine, ask to leave a cross erected 75 years ago on a hiking trail now on forest service land...nope those people who asked for that need to be fine, jailed, audited and censured! Can you say dou
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So is it safe to day then, that once Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, pants were invented to substitute LDKing for FS?

SJG
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    And then we brother we smoked some more and wrote down self contradicting medocre philosophy as we deemed suitable to our survival and for the good of society.... of course who would question our hypothesis when everything we predict in the old book, will come true in the new book, like Tarantino got this idea from us and made Pulp Fiction with a single quote crediting our work.....

What does it mean to be made in image of God?
    -- depends on how you imagine or define God (person, entity, wave, matter, force, photon etc etc...

Personally its a confluence of common and distilled characteristics common to all humans --something that people call "soul" ....
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Gotta wonder who Jackie was created in the image of?
  • BrotherFogHorn
    7 years ago
    What does it mean to be made in image of God?
    -- depends on how you imagine or define God (person, entity, wave, matter, force, photon etc etc...

Amen, Amen, Amen Bless Gawd

Praise the Lawrd this is exactly what kind of open minded thinking needs to happen on tuscl

The very reason I'm using the Bible is a jumping point to spark thought

I'm not trying to indoctrinate you but rather unindoctrinate you

Bless Gawd and sweet Jebus I feel the holy ghost a cumming inside !

We need to wake up to that spark of divinity in ourselves and learn to vibrate our higher selves to higher levels bless the Lawrd all my soul
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    WTF ?LMFAO !!!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    TT. "In the history of science there has never ever ever been any thing that has happened totally without some sort of outside influence"

I'm not sure what this means in the context of our scientific history, but subatomic motion, virtual particle flitting in and out of existence, entangled particles choosing a spin...all these things have no cause. These are all fundamental scientific principles that contributes to us to have free will, not to mention allowing for reality to be "something" as opposed to "nothing".

Again, the Bible is a terrible way to investigate quantum mechanics. Not to mention well established scientific theory.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Brian Swimme, offers a new cosmology
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRykk_0o…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion