tuscl

Dancer licenses

gawker
Older than dirt
Really just a question: a dancer friend started work at Scores in Palm Beach tonight. She said she needed a license which cost $70. Any truth to that?

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    That sounds about right - I do believe Palm Beach does require a license - not sure about Broward or Miami-Dade but I think not
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    You can Google it and you should get the info
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Yes, Palm Beach County requires the dancers to be licensed, is this your friend, that we exchanged PMs about several months ago ?
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Undoubtedly, she wanted you to give her the $70. You ever notice how strippers make hundreds or even thousands a night, but need us PLs to cover all their normal expenses?
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Yeah. I've bought a few dancers their licenses back in the day.

Pathetic Loserism really is a disease. I'm still in rehab trying to recover from all the stupid stripper shit I fell for...
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    I wonder if there is a guy who gets lap dances every day administering tests for stripper licenses.

I just had a brilliant idea: the state of Florida could hire lapdanceking82 for that job!
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    Yes, palm beach does require licenses or "ID Cards" as they like to call them. Sounds like she already got it, but if she doesn't and needs to work she could try some of the lower end clubs or Uber down to Pompano, which is in Broward where such cards aren't required.

If she doesn't have it, I don't think they take cash for them anymore. The bitch who used to collect the fee's got caught pocketing some/most of the cash. Just a heads up so she doesn't have to make two trips.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Here in Santa Clara County they have to be registered. I don't think they call it a license, and I don't know about the costs. And if they go to another club, even for fill in shifts, they have 48 hours to notify LE. This is hard for them because of the hours and because some have other jobs and live other places.

This all has one purpose and one purpose only, to intimidate would be dancers. All the more so as we have the soft core no touching clubs, whereas the harder core girls go to SF, ours are more timid and inexperienced. They don't like the idea that any time they deal with cops, they will have record of this.

It totally sucks and should be considered unconstitutional.

I might point out that it used to by that in NYC, musicians had to have 'cabaret cards'. Significant event in the life of Thelonius Monk was when his was lifted over a marijuana bust.

No reason for such licensing.

SJG
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    OMG -- I agree with SJG! It had to happen sometime :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion