tuscl

White flight from Follies- two dancers's viewpoints

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Sunday, May 7, 2017 1:54 PM
I went to Follies today. Once again very few white dancers. I mentioned I had noticed a changes in the last few months. She said "you mean that there's hardly any white girls left?" I asked why that was so. A friend of hers (both are white dancers) overheard and joined us. Their take: 1. It starts with the influx if Cuban and South American dancers. 2. These dancers are attracting a different clientele. They told me to look around and it was mostly Hispanic customers. 3. The new clientele are used to Latin clubs where dancers do not take of their bottoms. 4. They see the white and black dancers keeping fully nude and figure they sluts and fair game to be molested. 5. The white dancers especially are being very roughly and disrespectfully manhandled by some of these guys. I guess this as opposed to the respectful way most of us FIV them :-) 6. They were very frank that they tolerate the respectful molesting because it often leads to big VIP money. The clientele the Cubans attract are less likely to VIP. 7. So that means fewer white girls want to work in that atmosphere. One of these girls said that she could handle herself with these guys but many little spinner type girls were simply afraid of what was happening. [view link] girl said those who wanted to keep dancing could not find another place in Atlanta where they could make money by, um, the "methods" they used at Follies.Those without ties to Georgia we moving to other cities. 9. I asked why the just didn't keep their bottoms on with the problem guys. If they see a girl dance nude for a white PL they get really angry and aggressive if they don't do the same for them. 10. I asked if black dancers were having the same issues and they said to a much lesser extent. No explanation as to why. So FWIW that is the explanation I got from two white dancers today.

25 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Repeating what I said on the other thread : "The influx of Cuban dancers has just aggravated the problem. They are trying to change the dance rules and are pissing off a lot of the other dancers and some customers too."
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    That goes directly to my point on the other thread about being able to get to number one easier than staying there as well as change being inevitable.
  • eyeamlong
    7 years ago
    Well goldmonger, you and your dancer friends have figured it out.... Lets hope that owners, and management will do something about this situation....
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Do they really give a shit? I mean as long as the seats are filled and they are making money. But you know, that said it was the least crowded I have seen it in years. At one point it was just me and one other guy on all the high tops near the DJ. This is 3 pm. Lots of open seats all over.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    All management cares about is getting that tip out from the dancers. Like I said in my last Follies review, I am boycotting the Cuban dancers.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    follies was already amazing, the influx of latinas will just make things even better for me. :-)
  • HolaTX
    7 years ago
    GoVikings, either that or they might turn you off Latinas... After one too many experiences where a group of dancers is 100% shark and 0% sweet, I have learned to look for the signs and avoid them.
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    My experience too at Follies. Fewer and fewer white girls. That sucks. Also noticed seats open at 5:00PM, that would never have happened last year.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    meh black and latinas are my ideal clubbing environs...fortunate to live in the area i do . Id be suffering in some places in these states. Should probably visit cali some time soon though.
  • Sajrandom
    7 years ago
    Put me in the same boat as Vikings; I love the Latin ladies, and the change in demographic is OK in my book. I was a little worried when I made my first visit in awhile two weekends ago, from all of the rumblings I have heard on here. Difficult to communicate with, not as handsy, not as much mileage, etc. The first girl who approached me after getting a beer was a natural Cuban stunner (I believe her sister also works there); there was a bit of a language barrier, but nothing huge, and I was able to quickly negotiate a very nice FS VIP trip with a couple of warm up lappers for a very fair rate. She seemed a bit confused at first when I inquired about her VIP 'menu' but she got the gist of what I was talking about, and quickly accepted my counter to her initial offer, and whisked me away to the communal room.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Consistent with what I've been told. Glad some of you like the new leaning of the club..I would predict it will utimately cause a decline in quality of the experience for everyone.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I love the look of the latina strippers, but many have an attitude that is a total turnoff.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    There are Latinas and then there are Latinas - Mexicans and Colombians are different than Cubans and Dominicans - the latter IME can be more bitchy and cut-throat - I personally have had the best times w/ Colombians and find Colombian people in general friendly
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    "I love the look of the latina strippers, but many have an attitude that is a total turnoff." that's interesting. i haven't interacted with enough of them to be able to know. i guess my CF is an exception. she's mexican and colombian and although i obviously find her really attractive---i think her best quality is her attitude and friendliness
  • busta_nut
    7 years ago
    same issue in Jax with Wackos... the Cubans are cutthroat and very aggressive.."want to Dance..then the menu, no bones about it.." only about 2 are attractive.. the rest have legs and asses and bellies. They attract the dollar bill crowd only.. and many complaints from the other girls about the groping by the younger punks. After shift change at 7pm it because Salsa music and little Havana.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I agree that less white girls does suck but I apparently love the Cubans that are in Follies. My current two are Cuban and give me extremely good time..lots of jerking me off in the front room and lot of sucky fucky in the back room The last visit I had s few months back it wasn't as crowded at open as I've seen before...and their was open seating that could be found later in the evening. I'm with Go Vikings and any one else that love this Latina, Cuban Fire !!!
  • boomer79
    7 years ago
    I wish there was a good alternative during the day or even early evenings. I've never really liked the Follies vibe, but it is a good value and they have always had some good girls there. I like Tattletales at night, but the girls I like get there pretty late and I only go there if I'm staying in town. Oasis used to be fun during the day, but local government problems have really hurt it. If anyone has a recommendation on a club to try out during the day with younger white girls and solid VIP mileage even if it is somewhat more expensive I'd be very interested I I'm hoping it's possible that some clubs might be more fun if I were to become known there. I just wish Doraville had been as easy to deal with for Oasis as Chamblee has for Follies because Oasis a few years ago would be exactly what I am looking for.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Try Detroit
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Does the influx of Hispanics at least up the mileage? If you took a Hispanic to VIP, would you get better "service" than you would have with the previous white girls?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ true papi. I wrote latinas but specifically meant Cubanas. And by that I mean Cubana dancers, I enjoy the cuban culture outside the club. My experiences in the club with South and Central Americans and Puerto Ricans have largely been thumbs up.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Another appendage up as well.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    My club is 95% white; mostly 'girl next door' types dancing for the first time. The ones with skills tend to move to more 'upscale' or extras friendly clubs. I wish there were more black, Latina and Asian dancers actually...
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    I wonder why the Cubana strippers tend to have an attitude but the other Latina strippers don't Hmmmmmmmm
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Lookers has always bed the roughest and seediest club in Ft. Myers. It had been consistently trending downhill in my time here. Recently, it bottomed out and became known as "Little Cuba" for having the highest percentage of ESL dancers, principally Cuban. Most are not attractive to me: hips too wide, fat guts and pot bellies, cartoonishly enhanced asses and thighs, disproportionately small tits. My last round of strip clubbing locally, which will be my last for a long time, Lookers was my last stop. At around midnight on Friday, the parking lot was packed. I would have had to park in an adjacent lot. There were more cars in the parking lot than seats in the club. I didn't bother going in. I wasn't about to pay cover just to find out that it was standing room only and too packed to get a beer and a dance. Even though its nothing I'm interested in, these dancers may have been the change need for Lookers to really start making some bank.
  • HolaTX
    7 years ago
    I see this as being less about the ethnicity of the dancers and more about dancer cliques that negatively impact the club experience. Often the cliques are organized by the dancers along ethnic lines - compare the Russian cliques in the northeast. These cliques are also organized between dancers with GPS without regard to ethnicity to reduce value at a club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion