tuscl

Oops! Assad Not Respobsible For Sarin Gas Attak; White House Misread Evidence

rockstar666
Illinois
Full story:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mit-expert-cla…

Excerpts:

He concluded that the US government's report does not provide any "concrete" evidence that Assad was responsible, adding it was more likely that the attack was perpetrated by players on the ground.

Postol said: "I have reviewed the [White House's] document carefully, and I believe it can be shown, without doubt, that the document does not provide any evidence whatsoever that the US government has concrete knowledge that the government of Syria was the source of the chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun, Syria at roughly 6am to 7am on 4 April, 2017.

"This conclusion is based on an assumption made by the White House when it cited the source of the sarin release and the photographs of that source. My own assessment is that the source was very likely tampered with or staged, so no serious conclusion could be made from the photographs cited by the White House."

----------------------------------------------------------

So....the whole cruise missile strike was based on a false assumption. Trump...this is how WW III would get started: lack of a measured approach to world events. I think a war with North Korea is inevitable under a Trump presidency.

28 comments

• JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    Are we still on political topics? Really?

I guess if someone disagrees with your opinions then you always have a reason to place them on ignore, especially when sourcing from the most reliable of news "yahoo"!

I'm always amazed how people have strong opinions of a political nature when they are so far removed from the actual truths. I guess we all have to feel our self worth one way or another. For me it's getting laughs from a sold out crowd!
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Just looked at NY Times and Washington Post and don't see any mention that Assad was not responsible. There's lots of fake news out there on both sides.

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Yahoo is just reporting a story; they are not the source! You you don't like bad news about Trump, then just don't read the news.

But aren't you worried the US escalated the war under false pretenses? If not, then I'm sorry to waste your time.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    The story was reported by the IBT; this is not fake news. You can say the investigators are wrong, but they have a lot of experience with US Intelligence, so I don't know why anyone would call it fake. All you can do is say you disagree with the expert's conclusions.

• RandomMember
    7 years ago
    You you don't like bad news about Trump, then just don't read the news.
    ----------------
    I personally love bad news about Trump. Hope he rots in hell, soon. I should have said "credible" news.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    suckstar37 acting as Assad's mouth piece. What a disgrace. Only comparable thing on TUSCL was when jestie214 acted as Stalin's mouth piece.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    This is stupid and totally fabricated, you believe what you want ! This is what they mean when they say lights on nobody home.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    What a load of horse shit.
  • Lone_Wolf
    7 years ago
    It's interesting how fast people discount this story given our governments well known history of getting things wrong (Iraq WMD) or out right lies.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Trump needed a ratings boost, and like his buddy Putin, he knows bombing the crap out of someone is wildly popular. The fact the White House didn't do their homework first should not be a surprise, and frankly neither Trump not the neocons should be expected to care either. It's not like Assad is not a war criminal anyway; he's just not responsible for this particular war crime.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    Who had motive? The week before this false flag occurred, Rex Tillerson had stated regime change in Syria was not a priority.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    The article says who was like behind it.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I see Cockstar666 has decided to use his confirmation bias again, despite multiple members pointing out the other facts to this story.

What a waste of time and space, Cockstar.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    @LoneWolf wrote: " It's interesting how fast people discount this story given our governments well known history of getting things wrong (Iraq WMD) or out right lies."
    -------------------------------------------
    Nobody has forgotten about Iraq and WMD. It's just that mainstream media like the NY Times and WP have not picked up on Rockstar's story. If the story is credible, I can assure you that it will reach larger and more credible news agencies.

@Rockstar wrote: " I think a war with North Korea is inevitable under a Trump presidency."
    --------------------------------
    Everyone here knows that Trump's an ignorant clown who Tweets his emotions at 3AM -- then changes his mind depending on what he sees on TV. Problem is that Jong-on might just take Trump seriously, and do something truly crazy like use nukes on S. Korea or Japan. We're dealing with two unstable nuts with nuclear weapons. This is not like the Cuban missile crisis with JFK.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Interesting post, though my suspicion is that the intelligence is probably more than good enough to assign a high probability of Assad being responsible and the source being the airfield we hit with cruise missiles. I don't think one can ever be 100% sure of anything.

I checked IBT quickly. I'd put it middle of the pile for news sources based on a very quick assessment of comments I saw. Not true fake news but it did see comments about them being pressured to create click bait.

In general, I think the simplest explanation is almost always true. Assad may have though that the Trump administration would be friendlier because Trump has talked up improving relations with Russia. Plus Trump actually said he wanted to avoid foreign entanglements.

Of course Trump has said a lot of shit, some non-brilliant, some brilliant, much of it incoherent, and much of it mutually contradictory. So Assad conducted a chemical attack to test the waters. We hit him with a rolled-up newspaper. He'll hold off chemical warfare now and the crisis will continue.

But who knows? Maybe there is a deeper strategy.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    4Got2Wpie: A thoughtful post.

The thing that I can't get over is the picture of the alleged air dropped canister. This was not exploded in the air; there would only be shrapnel if so. The crack is consistent with a ground explosion and in that area it couldn't have been Assad's friendlies.

The bottom line isn't IBT's veracity, but rather the scientists who know about explosions. These aren't college students; they're seasoned pros who have worked with Intelligence before.

It was interesting to note Obama made the same mistake, and he was way more dilligent than Trump as far as homework goes. The difference is, Obama wasn't about to start a war with North Korea.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Amazing how an incompetent nit wit lefty becomes an expert when their opinion coincides with one you already have. Obama was way more dil9gent than Trup in doing nothing other than bombing civilians; letting Isis grow; letting China take over the pacific; letting North Korea develop icbm's and on and on.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Is this guy like the experts who predicted the economy would crash if Trump won? Or if Brexit won? Instead the opposite happened. New records.
    Or the experts who have been tampering with and falsifying climate data, since the facts did not support their claims of global warming?
    Furthermore, did this guy even see the data behind the document he referenced? No, he did not. How do we know? Because he would not have been allowed to talk about it if he had.
    Rockette, stop spreading fake news.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I predicted the economy would boom under Trump, at least in the short term, due to him rolling back Obama era regulation. So far I seem to be right.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Apparently this expert Postol made the same kind of claim in 2013, stating that the "Ghouta" chemical attack was not launched by the Syrian government. Based on YouTube videos. So he's got a track record as a lone wolf, basing all his conclusions on pictures, videos, and unclassified info. Sorry @Rockstar -- the whole story lacks credibility. But I'll keep an open mind.

@GammaNut wrote: "Or the experts who have been tampering with and falsifying climate data"
    -------------------------------------------
    ROFL! There's no fool like a pretentious fool, @GammaNut.

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Was the 2013 attack the same as when the Obama Administration also got it wrong?
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I don't know what you're getting at @Rockstar.

This is from the Wiki on the "Ghouta attacks."
    "According to public statements, intelligence agencies in Israel,[202] the United Kingdom,[203] the United States,[12] France,[204] Turkey,[205] and Germany[206] concluded that the Syrian government was most likely responsible for the attacks."

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    There was a reference in the link I posted that the Obama Administration also blamed Syria for an attack that wasn't government troops.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Maybe it was Russia who told Assad to do a chemical attack. He certainly would have had to clear it with them in advance, so at the very least they were like "yeah, good idea!".

As for suckstar37 is he really becoming insane and believing this crap or just trolling us?
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    I know this won't "end" the claims, but this IBT propaganda piece depends entirely upon the assertions of one man, Theodore Postol, for the claim that Assad was not responsible. (All of IBT's "reporting" is tilted far to the left and IBT seldom reports on International Business, so the slant is not surprising.) It is also not the first time Postol defended Assad, not the first time he claimed the US government got it wrong.

I am not - here - defending the US attack, or trying to claim that Assad was responsible. I do know a little about the "expert." My only purpose in this post is to expose the "expert."

Postol was trained in nuclear physics and did serve, briefly, as a science advisor to the Secretary of the Navy. The man is over 70 years old, retired - by MIT preference, and not currently involved in any active research - of any kind. He has spent the past 20 years arguing against anything ANY US government outlet says about missile attack or defense results (apparently the reason MIT "retired" him). He has argued that Patriot Anti-Missile defense rockets have NEVER stopped a missile attack (also claiming Israeli video of Patriot missiles hitting Scuds were fake). He argued that Assad's government didn't use gas in 2013 (directly opposing Obama's public position). He argued Patriots did not stop a single Scud in the Gulf War. He argues against just about anything the US government says about national defense, but especially missiles.

His positions are not supported by any work Postol has published on missile technology. In fact, Postol has no training or experience on missile guidance systems or proximity fusing. That has never stopped him from spouting his opinion, nor has it stopped him from claiming expertise he doesn't have.

About the recent chemical attack, Postol insists that the photos, "prove" the attack was staged. Postol has never worked as a photo analyst, has no experience in how metal deforms on impact, and has no training whatsoever in air delivered chemical weapons. It is simply NOT possible for this bigoted old blowhard (or anyone else) to determine who is responsible for a chemical attack by looking at a picture of a crater in a Syrian street.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Interesting info dallas! Thanks.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Did Postol have any claims that Cockstar666 sucks a mean dick after looking through some of those photos, too?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    suckstar37's brain is shrinking more and more every day.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion