tuscl

North Korea vs South Korea

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-who…

Is Fishsticks going to get drafted? Or is this just more nonsense news?

22 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    Kim Jung Un is definitely a nutcase. In Trump's case it's debatable whether he is a genuine nutcase or just acts like one for strategic/tactical reasons.

It's very hard to see Kim Jung Un giving up his nuclear program after he has trumpeted it so hard to his people as more proof of his divinity. I think there's a decent chance he decides to go out in a blaze of glory rather than suffer such "humility".

So yeah, it's not certain, but I think there is a rather high probability something does happen over there. It's not a rational player on the other end we are dealing with.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Well based on North Korean weapons testing there is a good chance they would take themselves out. Also wouldn't be surprised if the North Korean army turned on the government, the level of oppression they deal with has to have them think about it every day.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I don't think anyone is that scared of their nukes. But Seoul is very close and they have a large conventional army. Maybe advances that conventional army in far enough that they can use a 4x4 as a delivery system for a dirty bomb?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I posted on the other thread about an hour ago,

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=4…

Trump and Xi worked out a deal N. Korea is on notice by China who today publicly warned, Fat Yung Un, not to provoke Trump. I will be willing to bet that this has already been worked out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    N Korea would lose in a war but they can cause serious casualties (soldiers and civilians) on the South
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    To the best of my knowledge N Korea has for decades invested most of its resources in weapons and they have significant non-nuclear capabilities to cause a lot of damage, not to mention a large army
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Yeah, the country is all about their military more than any other country on earth. To the point where they would let people starve so they can direct the money at building a nuke instead.

So how would it work if he did have to back down on the nuclear program? I'm having trouble seeing it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I don't see Fat Boy Un as a martyr, AFAIK he was raised in Western Europe probably living the good life - N Koreans are not religious fanatics like many Muslims (e.g. Iran) that see death as a good/welcomed thing and fulfilment of prophecy.

China may hold the key to getting the N Koreans to give up the nukes.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Puerto Rico would win
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I don't believe that there will actually be a war might be a clash at some point but China will shut them down and install some one else rather than risk having The U.S on its border the 38th parallel is too close for them as it stands.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    They should drop Juice and crazyjoe behind N Korean lines
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    I am behind Puerto Rico lines
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    For North Korea it's all slight of hand. Maintaining a shred of relevance and keeping the people from kicking his fat ass to the curb.

For China it's another bargaining chip.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    You only hear about North Korea and South Korea. Whatever happened to East Korea and West Korea?
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Or for that matter, Central Korea?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    How does it work? How does China shut them down and install someone else? If they invade they can, sure. But without an invasion?
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Here is what we do, we drop Lloyd Schoene deep in N Korea territory and let him start his revolution there. This only has possible positive outcomes for all. Here are some possibilities.

He is shot for being him. NK ain't got time for Lloyd's shit.
    North Korean prison. VERY likely, but he is a coward so he probably doesn't talk shit there as much.
    Invests in his talent as jizz mopper at a N Korean MAAMP
    Kim Jong makes him part of the brain trust, the people then remove and throw him and KJ in prison.

Most important He will have no internet access so he is effectively out of the picture TUSCL biggest troll is gone.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    New conflict in the Korean War would cause massive destruction on each side. The number of guns, rockets, and missiles that DPRK has pointed at Seoul, ROK would level that Capital in minutes. Unconventional gas and nuclear weapons would almost undoubtedly be used. Also have no doubt that nearby US forces and Japan would be attacked as well, in an attempt to widen the conflict and bring China in on the DPRK side. Long term, the North's forces and infrastructure would lose to the South's many advantages, but it would be a pyrrhic victory, at best.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @ Dougster Not really sure of the answer, but they did it in Tibet, and the fact that N K is pretty much shut down to the outside world works in their favor. I f I were to venture a guess I would guess that the Chinese Intelligence Services have people in YungFat Un's inner circle and would be able without too much (probablynone) interference from the outside world manufacture a crises and stage a coup de etat.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Well China is putting troops on the border. That would align with that scenario.
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    The real problem is that it will not be "North Korea v. South Korea" If Dumb Fuck Fu (Kim Jong-un), the demented grandson of the Russian puppet leader of the "Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea" decides to start a war, the first act will be about 10,000 (literally 10,000) artillery pieces firing into Seoul, Korea (South Korea's capital city is only about 30 miles from mountains in DPRK where almost all of the arty is located) Much of Seoul will be destroyed and thousands will die (perhaps even millions if the asshole uses chemical weapons) in the 4 to 8 hours before South Korean forces can destroy all of the North Korean artillery. Unlike gammanu, I do not think the DPRK is currently capable of getting a nuclear weapon to the battlefield, so I doubt any "A-bombs" will be used, but a dirty bomb - spreading deadly radiation - is a possibility.

After the artillery attack, it will be an ugly - and brief - slaughter of North Korean conventional forces. I honestly doubt that South Korean (ROK), US, Japanese, and other UN ground forces will have to even move into North Korea before air power, advanced US artillery, pinpoint rocket and cruise missile assaults, combine to destroy DPRK army cohesion, organization and their will to fight. The North Korean military leaders will probably kill the kid and surrender within 48 hours of the beginning of hostilities.

Then the political fight begins. China will want complete control over whatever government is installed. South Korea (ROK) will want "reunification," other powers will want a truly independent North Korean government and the North Korean people will want food and blankets. Look for an unstable and hostile world for years after Kim Jong-un is killed by his generals.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Trump on North Korea after speaking to Xi:

"After listening for 10 miutes, I realized it's not so easy"

Trump on healthcare:

"Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated"

See any pattern?

If Jung-un succeeds further with their nuke testing, we can always build a wall, or a dome, or something around N. Korea and have Mexico or China pay for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion