tuscl

Keg parties

skibum609
Massachusetts
For those of you who attended college, do you recall the best keg party you ever attended? I was reminded when a fraternity brother sent me an old photo showing our annual keg party in its' last year in 1978. The drinking age went up in 1979, so we never got another liquor license. In 1978, on a beautiful late April Saturday and with a six hour liquor license in hand, our annual event kicked off. Six hours later, the taps were shut off and we were left with 5 kegs for our after party party. The prior record for kegs sold was the 138 we had sold in 1977, on a Wednesday after Saturday was rained out. In 1978 the total was 365. A keg a minute for 6 hours. Thank you Zoo Mass. The memories can never be replaced.

11 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    There was one party in the winter of 1971 where outside it snowed and snowed, we got a 1/2 foot while we were inside partying. My buddy drove us back, don't know how, he was as drunk as I was.
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    Big town Bash,30+ kegs in 1980. Oh yea,and one I will never forget. Under age teen-agers sitting around a keg when the local cops showed up. "Boys it's time to go"
    Us "Can we take our keg?
    . Them "Yea,but be careful"
    Grabbed the keg heading down the middle of the road with our beer.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Do you and your fellow old men have prune juice parties these days, skihomo?
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I pity you Doug: Younger, jealous and pathetically childish, leaves you with a hopeless future. Last night it was 14 drafts; hashish; ghost train and bbjcim.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Jealous of you? Let's see. Is it your old age? Your old mind? Your right wing whackjob political opinions. Ooops... I said "your" but they actually aren't even yours just spoon feed to you be the whackjobs you've listened to all your life. No. Maybe it's how you constantly lie and contradict yourself and then run like a little girl when called out on it. I'll venture to say there is not a single person on this board or in the world jealous of you.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    He who doth protest too loudly dougie............. We'll accept your rant as an admission. I actually get my political views from a number of sources, none of which you would ever guess, given your amazingly limited intellect and immaturity.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    A divorce lawyer talking about "limited intellect". Now that's funny!
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Last one I went to was when I organized a painting part to paint my parents house. There were a dozen guys and gals. I supplied the keg and my mother made Sloppy Joes for lunch. we started about 10AM and finished about 3PM. We then moved the party to a friends house.

I spent my next weekend cleaning up the mess and mistakes. :)
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    The last keg party I went to was at a sorority and I definitely didn't have any trouble finding girls there. They even took me to their basement. I had girls saying remember me? For months afterwards but I couldn't remember that well. They raised the drinking age right after making me temporarily illegal but the laws weren't enforced that well back then and then I became legal again. I still think the legal age should be 18 especially if you are in the military or national guard. You can die for the country but you'll be locked up if you drink a beer. That's not right in my opinion. I think the drinking age should be lower. One safety feature they could add to all cars if there is a teenage driver could be an alcohol ignition feature. Bars could have free breathlyzers testing machines and let you stay for free if you are over. Instead of coming up with sensible solutions, they raise the drinking age.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    One St. Patrick's Day we had a mixer and were serving green beer. I made a snide comment about how the beer wasn't green enough. In response, the guy on the taps gave me an extra shot of food coloring in my beer.

The next day, I was doing my business on the toilet. I pulled a piece of toilet paper up to check progress, and it was Kelly green! Momentarily taken aback I looked into the bowl and everything was green, shit, piss and toilet paper. I thought, "Oh damn, am I dying?" until a moment later the cause of my 'affliction' was obvious.

Never criticized the guy handling the food coloring again! :-)
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Three Mile Island? ;-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion