tuscl

Are no-alcohol strip-clubs so unviable >

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Seems to me often times low-mileage in clubs may be tied to a club's liquor-license.

As a non-drinker no alcohol in a club does not bother me - and being subjected to a low-mileage environment b/c of the liquor-license (and fear of losing it) is a raw-deal for me personally as a high-mileage PL.

With so many low-mileage clubs around the country; why would many of them not switch to non-alcohol and have a more worthwhile strip-club - are the loss of alcohol sales enough for many clubs to rather not be in business or o/w have a shitty low-mileage club?

And yeah; I'm aware there are cities w/ BYOB clubs.

19 comments

• Mainster
    7 years ago
    Most of the no-alcohol clubs around here are way worse for mileage than the clubs that serve alcohol, but they're also full-nude clubs. Somehow, those get more scrutiny from LE than booze-slinging titty bars.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    It depends on the place. Here, having an alcohol license makes the club subject to all sorts of other rules, things which courts have otherwise ruled unconstitutional. And these rules can be enforced by a much lower standard of proof and due process.

The guys who really exploited the no-alcohol approach are Jim and Artie Mitchell. Only way to shut them down was criminal conviction with jury trial. Jim and Artie won, and so we have lap dancing.

I like no alcohol and the better grade of girls.

But, I have also spent lots of time in alcohol clubs, as usually the cover charge is lower. Also, here we only have two no alcohol nude clubs. And the alcohol clubs are run more informally. No flashing our touching, but still just run looser.

Both types can make money. For example, Deja Vu has business models for both types, and then for more variations on them too. They all do okay.

Usually what BYOB really means is that it is not a retail business. They might not tell you this. And their claim may or may not hold up in court. But making it not a retail business means they cannot hold an alcohol license or sell alcohol. But it also gets them out from under all public sex and lewdness laws. It is the model used by Swinger's Clubs. It does not get them around the law against prostitution, but it tends to make it impractical to enforce.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    One strip club in Eureka CA. Not much else that far north. They had started nude no alcohol. I think that is great. But they seem to have yielded and reversed.

No alcohol places tend to be more expensive all around, because the house does not get the alcohol money, and because the girls are nude.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I do like the girls parading around in high heels, bare pussied, that comes with the higher costs of the no-alcohol clubs.

And most of the girls at the alcohol bikini bars who know how to put on a good show, uninhibited, they learned first when they were only 18yo at the nude no alcohol places. They are far more pussy centric in their on stage dances.

:)

SJG
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    The nude clubs in LA/OC are where the high mileage is. The topless joints are much lower mileage, and it would seem that the topless places are banking on alcohol sales which gets their main attention. You can see it in the pricing structure - at nude clubs you typically pay at the bar for your dances and the girls then get their 50% cut (highway robbery if you ask the dancers). But at the topless places, the girls tip out the staff for typically less than $50 a night, and they pocket any lap dance money that they make. Seems like the topless clubs aren't caring too much about their share of the girls dances, which tells me that dances are far from their main priority.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    But also, both of our nude strip clubs have been bullied into agreeing to rules which prohibit "off stage nudity". So though there is no alcohol, in this county it is still very constrained and controlled.

At some Viet Coffee shops they were going without panties underneath their see thru chemises. That was nice.

It never really is what the laws say on paper, it is just what can be gotten away with.

SJG
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    My experience has been that nonalcoholic clubs are horrible for girls and clientele. Nobody shows up. So go to the the alcoholic clubs and drink an overpriced water ......... or couple of diet cokes like the master.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Lopaw, pertaining to another thread, at the no-alcohol San Gabriel Valley nude high mileage clubs, do they use receipts on the juice drinks and does it seem like it is all totally straight, or does it seem like the girls can do whatever they want and that the price is just whatever then can get out of a PL?

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=4…

Thanks,
    SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    VeryBig, I hear you. But in this state there are far more rules which control the alcohol clubs. The girls and the clubs can make money either way, one way favors alcohol, the other way favors naked women.

In San Francisco, the high mileage places will all be nude no alcohol, and I am sure it is the same in SoCal.

An alcohol license can be lifted by just an executive order, very low standard of proof, compared to enforcing the penal code.

But many like the membership club system. No alcohol sales, but BYOB.

SJG
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I agree with verybigdawg

Same experience manly in Tennessee were a good amount of bring your own beer is and it's air dance central...place fucking sucks

In my experience the more drugs in a club the more sex is involved inside and or outside

Take my home town as an example

I had two clubs

One now closed sold drugs to the customer's and dancer's...they keeper the club inside a one way touch club but most of the girls was arranging OTC with regulars

The other club still open seems to keep things tight...if the girls get involved in drugs or sex acts soon they will be gone...the girls that stay long-term well for s stripper lol...are the clean ones that avoid OTC, avoid the grey area of sex acts during a lap dance, avoid drugs and so on

I've actually saw a custie offer a girl some cocaine in this club and she told management then the bouncers tossed the custies out

If you get tagged by the girls as fishing for outside play the good girls will start to avoid you

Shit is crazy I know...place should convert into a church
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    SJG-
    Lol very little in the nude COI stripclubs is on the up-n-up. It's about as shady as it gets in terms of how they run their clubs and God knows what kind of sketchy shenanigans they all get up into. The juice bar scam at the clubs is decidedly sketchy as well, tho it isn't the dancers behind it, but the waitresses. Management will often change up the dancer's drink prices or establish different sized dancer drinks w/o letting the patrons know,. And the dancer drink hustle is legendary. I have never gotten a receipt for a drink, but when you enter you are often given a drink ticket stub for your "free" drink with admission. The girls all have a minimum quota for the amount of drinks that they have to sell, and the second a girl sits down with you, the waitresses are there in a heartbeat asking you to "buy the lady a drink". The girls hate it too and are forbidden to turn down a drink from a customer. The waitresses are even required to follow you and your girl into VIP to hit you up for a drink. It's fucking ridiculous.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Atlanta is notoriously low-mileage - is it due to liquor-licenses? I was not aware of no-alcohol clubs in ATL.

Didn't Shooter Alley have to close b/c it lost it's liquor-license - don't most ATL clubs watch the dance-mileage like hawks b/c o/w they may lose their liquor-license?
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Regardless, they need cash flow. The current clientele is not paying the bills. That's the problem. The cost of business is too high and revenues not sufficient.

Long term, whatever gets the hobbyists to spend more or tip more, is going to be the best for everyone involved.

Long term: Bring back the ability for businesses to expense SC trips (drinks and food and dances and tips) with the IRS. About 1/3 of revenue was lost here in one fell swoop in the late '90s. True story.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Papi - Nobody seems to know for sure what happened to Shooters Alley license. I talked to a stripper at Follies that used to bar tend at Shooters and even she didn't know. Apparently they knew it was coming and opened up a second club right down town. So they went from Dekalb County regulations to City of Atlanta regulations.

I only know of one no alcohol club in Atlanta area since I have been living here. That was Boomers near Dobbins AFB and it closed up several years ago for lack of business.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    What are these "low-mileage" clubs of which you speak? I have searched all through Detroit and have not found one.

• gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Nope. Two words: Mons Venus.
    Not right for folks like me who want to chill with a beer with the girls and talk in between dances, but regarded by many strip club connoisseurs to be among the best.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    We're lucky in New England because we have full nude, full contact, full alcohol and extras.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Not in Boston, which is why I am skipping a convention there this year.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So there we have it direct from Lopaw, the money with the San Gabriel Valley drink hustle, is all a scam. No receipts, just squeezing as much money out of you as possible.

I wonder if there is some way to basically buy your way out of being bothered, like by purchasing one last drink, or tipping out the waitress?

Can you play with the waitresses, front room friendliness, VIP room action, just like with dancers?

Juice, I hear what you are saying. Tennessee is known for being difficult due to specific state laws. But overall, and especially here, the alcohol licensing rules are the most restrictive. They have all sorts of millimeter by millimeter coverage and no touching rules, things which courts would otherwise strike down. And then to enforce, there is no proof beyond a reasonable doubt, presumption of innocence, or trial by jury. Once they suspend or lift your license, any further legal actions will depend upon you and it will be all uphill.

So nude clubs are no alcohol, and anyone who wants contact has to go no alcohol.

The only exception are true underground outlaw places.

SJG

Marilyn Ferguson
    http://www.potentialsmedia.com/MarilynFe…

Aquarian Conspiracy
    http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/paradigm-…

Aquarius - Love, Drugs and Dead Hookers (Episode Highlight)
    David Duchovny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFM8AhkP…

http://www.vietnamesecoffeeshops.com/wp-…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion