tuscl

State/county Exotic Dancer's License

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Friday, March 10, 2017 7:24 AM
I saw something recently that a Florida or Lee Co requires a license to be an exotic dancer? I can't find anything online, but now I'm curious if anyone knows more about this.

11 comments

• RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Not getting much traffic on this one, dipshit, so I'll give this interesting thread a bump. See how much I care about you, @GammaNut?
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I do know some states require dancers to register and get a license but that's all I know. I was hoping a dancer or someone who knows the details would post.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    It's not a statewide thing, its per county. Some counties require licensing, others don't. Palm Beach & Lee do, Dade and Broward don't. There's a ton I don't know if they do or not. In PBC, its like $75/yr and the girls have to register their real name & stage name at the place then intend to dance. There's no requirement to update the stage name/club name if it changes or as I understand it even when they renew. At one point the db used to be online & searchable, but I believe its now all paper or at least not publicly available online. Again in PBC adherence to the rule is a bit spotty. I've heard of girls dancing for years not even knowing it was a rule, and others not being able to get hired at even the shittiest of clubs without one. I suspect its enforced for a while after a periodic inspection, and gradually receives less attention over time. I don't know much about Lee specifically but I'd guess its not too different.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    That kind of stuff sucks, but we have it here in Santa Clara County. And when a girl moves to a new club she has only a short while to go to the police station and re-register when she changes clubs. And this also applies to fillin shifts. LE says they want to be able to track the girls. This is entirely unconstitutional of course. Simply an infringement of free speech, because some do not like such businesses. And it is designed to intimidate the girls. These are very soft core , zero touching clubs. So most of the girls who dance there do not like this kind of stuff. Don't want LE to know that they are dancers if they get pulled over. Older such laws were turned over in court. But most people are not willing to take it that far, so it continues. As I have posted from when I first joined, these local and unconstitutional ordinances do far more harm than the state penal codes against prostitution, because that later is notoriously hard to enforce. SJG TJ School Girls ( try again to get it to work right ) [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • s88
    7 years ago
    I've heard a story the license is used to make strippers pay child support to the baby daddy when stripper is denied custody of her kids. I'll guess the license can be extended to parole/probation things, to make the justice system even more punitive. Get arrested? License suspended, now you have no job & you plead guilty, and maybe are homeless after you do you stay in the county jail. The car stop and police knowing your passenger is a stripper from their patrol car's laptop and accusing both of you of prostitution thing mentioned above. Quite interesting thing. Does it protect PLs or harm them? lol
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The City of Detroit requires a dancer obtain a dance card. It is rather expensive--I think $250 or $350. This causes some dancers to work only in suburban clubs.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    What a sham, just another "sin" tax, when politicians are the biggest hypocrites.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Here locally I do not know if they charge a fee. But I am sure that the intent is not to raise money, or make a sin tax. Actually it is far more serious than that. It is because many consider the dancers to be a social menace. The registration requirement is in my opinion completely unconstitutional. SJG Happy Go Lucky Local [view link] Wildness and Order [view link] [view link] Night Train, Jimmy Forrest, 1952 [view link] Louis Prima [view link] James Brown, Live at the Apollo [view link] James Brown performs and dances to "Out of Sight" on the TAMI Show (Live) [view link] Apogee Run Lots of Plugins While Recording with Ultra-low Latency [view link] Apogee [view link] Santa Monica, CA [view link]
  • duomaxwell
    7 years ago
    Some cities/counties require a license. Vegas & Atlanta are the two that come to mind. And Baton Rouge. Frankly, I'm not comfortable with the whole licensing aspect. Especially if that information is publicly accessible, there are some people that come into clubs that I am just not comfortable with knowing my full name/address.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The licensing thing where I am is just an intimidation tactic. SJG
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    @duo....do dancers have to have a buisness liscense for Richmond clubs?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion