tuscl

The Oscars

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
No doubt we'll hear a few diatribes directed at you know who.

What is it with these people that want to give us the benefit of their 'oh so important' opinions.

30 comments

• Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Watch.... or don't watch. Its their moment on the carpet.
    Its your remote control.
    And I'm sure there will be a ton of pundits who will have to formulate their little 'pissy' counter dialogues on Monday Morning
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Well, if the Donald had brains he'd react positively, although we know he won't, he'll just keeping fucking things up.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    "Its their moment on the carpet."

Very true.

It's amazing how many people care about an event where a bunch of egotistical, elitist blowhards throw a party to congratulate themselves and air it on TV.

• flagooner
    8 years ago
    Serious question:

Why do so many regular people care about the lives and opinions of celebrities (artists, athletes, models,...)?

They really aren't any different than non-celebrities, or complete losers like Larrydouchebag and SJG. They just engage in professions or activities that have a lot of exposure.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    At the end of it all, its all marketing. The fancy clothes, the beautiful people--- and yes, the bs. They are all selling a product.

• warhawks
    8 years ago
    I won't be watching.

I've got more important things to do tonight.

Like vacuuming the cat. Damn pussy gets hair everywhere...
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Donald don't got brains. He's going to be a twitter pundit too, should be running the country instead of picking fights but his thin skin makes him the biggest "Snowflake" of all.

But... If Donald is in the middle of a bunch of flame wars that are almost inept enough to be here on TUSCL, that gives him less time to carry out his toxic agenda. I personally hope the "egotistical, elitist blowhards" lay it on thick tonight to keep Hair Fuhrer sidetracked.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    I won't be watching because of the time difference, but even if I lived in LA I wouldn't.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I haven't been to a movie theater since 1988. Think I give a shit about the Oscars or the opinions of over paid actors?
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    I used to enjoy the Oscars if the host was good. Now, not so much.

Why do they give us their opinions? The generous answer is they want to use their celebrity to do good. My honest opinion? They get the notion that because we appreciate their acting talents that we will appreciate everything they think/believe.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Why do so many regular people care about the lives and opinions of celebrities (artists, athletes, models,...)?"

It's an escape for people from their normal lives.

Just like guys dive into sports and video games, women dive into celebrities lives, just like being obsessed with the "Real Housewives Of ..."
  • ricktheturtle
    8 years ago
    I'm boycotting the Oscars due to their lack of diversity.

#Oscarsohairlessape

Aah...yup
  • 3LeggedMan
    8 years ago
    I'm just praying that Meryl Streep doesn't win anything and she just has to keep her precious insights to her own damn self!
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    What are these "Oscars" of which you speak?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    None yet, Kimmel made a few left-handed comments but so far the stars are gorgeous, not to mention the women actors. :)
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    We learn by trial and error. We also learn by imitating successful and famous people. I think that is coded into our DNA. Truthfully, that's why I shadow all of your Tusclers. I'm trying to imitate your success. I think that is why some of us follow and try to imitate celebrities (IMO).
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    Me? All I see are tits! The woman sitting next to Ryan Gosling has a pair of absolutely perfect tits, as she was showing them off to the camera. The cameraman did us all a favor more than once, and they were shown in all their glory.
  • nemesisk7
    8 years ago
    forget the Oscars
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Hollywood is like horse racing, in that it is slowly dying. Haven't seen a hollywood movie in a theater since 1993, nor watched the Oscars since 1985. I find the idea that we should care about "celebrities" beyond idiotic.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Relax skibum609. Nobody can force you to listen to Oscar speeches. It's all brilliant!

By the way, when you say that you haven't seen any Hollywood movies in the theatre does that mean you've seen them on TV, DVD/BluRay, or on streaming services? You do realize that the producers, director, and actors still make money off of that, don't you? ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "#Oscarsohairlessape"

Ace!
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Idiotic to listen not only to celebrities opinions, but TUSCL members.

The stuff that SJG, HughGRectum, (dot) Txtittyfag, Vince Michaels, Clackport/Missionary/ RandyAnukam, and I'm sure a few others of their ilk write are just as obnoxious and has me browsing over most discussions looking for credible content. I guess celebrities aren't so special after all, except me whom opened for the Pope. I've been blessed.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Fag (dot) is a special type of queer that even faggots don't understand.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Tough rocks, Gassagain, ever hear of free speech ?
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Sure, and I'm using it. ^^^ There's also the freedom to ignore.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    What really perplexes me is how those with such left handed comments argue strongly about their first Ammendment rights, but want to marginalize other amendments. They love to pick and choose their arguments around the constitution to fit some queer agenda like they're in some sort of vacuum. Why don't they realize it's better to shut up and look at things as a whole in context? I guess if they did that they'd have no rationale for protesting stupid causes that justifies their existence, especially when they got too much time on their hands.

I'm too busy to protest, with 5 little mouths at home to feed and a hot wife to dress up. We just did our taxes for 2016 and I ended up paying $ millions to the Feds in one year alone. Who's the one that should be protesting? Isn't that how the Boston Tea Party got started?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yeah, and we're ready for another revolution. Trump is the 3rd biggest ass we've ever had. Meet you at the barricades. VIVA LA REVOLUCION !!
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Faggits! Hollywood is full of them.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    "What is it with these people that want to give us the benefit of their 'oh so important' opinions."

For many of them their acting is an expression of their socio-political views. I certainly see it this way, and this is what makes some of them so good.

SJG
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Never watched the Oscar's and could care less what they think.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion