tuscl

[OT] Speaking of Nazis

Hard to believe that headline, but apparently Donald Trump just fired the AG for disagreeing with him re: the immigration ban. Sure technically he is allowed to do that, but what a faggot move.

23 comments

• vajmon
    8 years ago
    Can't we just stick to talking about titties, ass and vagina here and leave the politics to all those news websites?
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    No!
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Ah... I better look at this more carefully. I should know better than to trust just headlines...

Judgement on hold for the moment.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Careful Dougster, you know the tolerant liberals just might call you conservitard if you don't agree with them, so best you go back and shame Trump for following through on his campaign promises or risk getting your feelings hurt from sensitive tolerant Dumbocrats.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I don't really have any love one way or the other for an un-elected bureaucrat. But like in private business, when you go against your boss, which you should do sparingly, you had better be right. And in her case she did feel she was upholding the Constitution, which if that's what she was doing, is noble.

Perhaps the more chilling thing is I wonder if we and if other democracies/republics are moving away from some of the hallmarks of democracies: 1. Elections and 2. Rule of law. I might argue that in some ways the US might be moving away from rule of law with faggot moves like President Trump is doing here, "defunding" this or that in Congress based on ideology, and anything else other than rule of law.

Nazis would definitely not have a constitution to uphold. So there are similarities there with tactics used (use of government power).
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Sorry, guys I was up a bit late last night. Only read the headline which made it sound like he fired a real AG (not acting) because they disagreed with him in a private conversation or something. I think he was in line to fire over this. Normally I know to dive deeper into suspicious sounding headlines.

My hunch is that as president he would have the authority to issue the travel ban he did. It was obvious not against Muslims in general or even Muslim countries in general otherwise Pakistan and Indonesia would have made the list. I guess the constitutional lawyers will have to decide the matter, but I would be surprised if he does not have the authority.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    The liberals here don't want to hear this but what Trump ordered, this time, is precisely covered by long established law. The action, banning immigration, is something prior presidents Kennedy, Johnson, Carter, Clinton, Bush43, and Obama also did by Executive direction. Some might want to argue scope, or intent, but the fact is the order is legal - see 8 US Code 1182. The woman Obama appointed as Deputy AG, by refusing to defend a legal order, placed herself far outside acceptable behavior. It was a political stunt.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Why wasn't Saudi Arabia included? The 9/11 terrorists were mostly Saudi. Oh yes, Trum has a hotel there. Maybe he just forgot to include the Saudis....? Yeah right; no illegal conflict of interests there. I'm just a wacky liberal after all.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    The seven nations were chosen from a list of terrorist nations the Obama administration came up. So why didn't Obama put the Saudis on it?

You are bit un-up-to-date on your news, rockstar.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    I won't go too hard on him, tittyfag. Media outlets like CNN, Bloomberg, and even the BBC seem to be put out even more "tactically worded" misleading headlines and stories than usual these days. Even I got briefly suckered by one. I remember the story he was referring to which ran on Bloomberg which is usually fairly reliable.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I don't watch any TV news. I read the (conservative) Chicago Tribune.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    So, Trump agrees with Obama huh. Interesting.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Yeah, this was the acting AG left over from the old Obama administration. Her action was probably a stunt. I have no respect for stunts these days. Regardless, she would have been gone soon anyway once her replace was confirmed.

I have no problems with treating immigrants and visa workers differently than citizens. Rule of law is rule of law and they aren't citizens. No problems there with me.

President Trumps message to all of the unelected bureaucrats has been get on board or resign.

As far as non citizens are concerned the populist tide in the US seems to be moving away from the indoctined stance liberals (particular in primary, secondary, and post-secondary) have been teaching students (or indoctrining) of the US as a "Statue of Liberty" nation where we "care your tired, poor, and sick."

Some of the conservatives have been suggesting multiculturalism isn't the best situation for us. Plus with immigrants, they do need to follows laws, rules, and any per-nation quotas or respect any waiting lists the US may have. The laws and rules exist and they do need to be followed.

Txtittyfag: I like to think that I'm opened minded. Hell, I'm ever opened minded and progressive enough to try conservatism! So maybe there's hope for me yet. Or maybe not. Haha.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Just saw last night a poll says a majority of Americans support Trump's position by nearly 2:1.

57% Approve
    33% Disapprove
    10% Undecided

Keep in mind, for the numbers to shake out like that, it means many democrats agree also.

I disagree with the un-thought-out way Trump handled it -- e.g., worded in such a way that legal green card residents traveling abroad got caught in the net, shockingly it's like this was completely unvetted :) -- but this is one of the few Trump positions I agree with, and I agree with it strongly.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Preciey why the executive order was out in place. It's his duty.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Exactly. There were definitely mistakes in Trump's orders, but the overall spirit was absolutely his duty.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I agree it was a political stunt by the AAG but it is also a crises and political stunt manufactured by the White House.
    Remember Ben Franklins words "Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither. "

I am finished commenting about Trump, we will see what the next four years leads to, I hope it works out for all of our sake.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I would like to point out to the left, who were all for Obama's Executive orders, but ..... that Executive Orders have been in use for a long time and the perfect example of an Executive Order that many thought beyond the scope of Presidential power was called: The Emancipation Proclamation. Lets have some perspective.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    @skibum609, you know that the EP only applied to the states that were actually in rebellion at the time, right? It was a war measure, and so had no affect on states not in rebellion. It took the 13th to actually free *all* the slaves.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Still an executive Order, but since you decided to nitpick and ignore the impact of the 14th Amendment at all I will use another example of an Executive Order: Abraham Lincoln's suspension of the right under the Constitution to a writ of Habeous Corpus.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Trump seems to want to go down like Nixon, only much faster.

SJG

Axis 64 Midi Controller, an alternative keyboard
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7OeRkXW…
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    ^^^Yep Trump is swinging, if he's going down, he's going out firing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion