tuscl

OT: Well this is kinda a first

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sitting in the outdoor patio of a Miami Starbucks - there's a group of 8 or 10 people singing Christian songs along w/ an acoustic guitar - doesn't bother me but I could see it bothering others - I would think they would get asked to stop if they do this on a regular basis.

23 comments

• GoVikings
    8 years ago
    What did you order from Starbucks?
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Mocha lol

A little insider joke lol

I think it's cool their trying to share the love of Christ with people as I am a liberal Christian myself basically but I do agree I could see it being an issue in the long run unless and I believe it would make their message more effective if while they was singing about the love of God they pay for the drinks of every patron
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I've been having issues w/ my blood-pressure so gave up caffeine but I just got a Turkey Provolone Panini - yum.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    They seem to be hanging out and signing for themselves in a corner - not necessarily trying to evangelize - it's mostly teens and 20-somehtings.

I def prefer this to another group of 20-somethigns that hangs out in the patio almost everyday smoking up a storm (even though even the patio is supposed to be non-smoking) and dropping f-bombs in every sentence.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    ^^ sounds delicious
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It's pretty-good and hitting the spot
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    It would take a certain kind of asshole to complain about that, but yeah I'm surprised it hasn't happened.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    It's time to embrace your Christian roots.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    They just finished their jam session - but more people showed up and there was about 15 of them - nice people.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Sounds lie a good time
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    They should be BAND !
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^Fucking A
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Papi chulo has a food chain lol...this explains why he clubs so much

Aka Mr money
  • http://papichuloscantina.com

That's hilarious. I almost thought it was fake, because they advertise Mexican Hat Dance.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I see what you are saying, Papi. And it is not without precedent -- the Ten Commandments no longer publicly displayed -- but it takes a certain-type of asshole Atheist, not just a garden variety Atheist, but an asshole Atheist, to be offended with it let alone take action.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Lol good point
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I don't believe in God. Haven't for a long, long, time. Personally I would be insulted beyond belief if anyone called me an atheist. I would have enjoyed listening to them sing the gospel. We have a Christmas tree (real always) and a Christmas party every year, in addition to the holiday. My Catholic wife loves Menorahs for some reason so we have 3 and a Hannukah party as well. Diversity means accepting views of people different than you no matter what. From what I see the least diverse group on earth are progressives. Looking different, while thinking the same is what progressives call diversity and it isn't.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    As an avowed atheist, bordering on anti-theist, I have no problem with this as long as Starbucks doesn't. It's their property, and nobody is forced to be there listening to them.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Usually when the Christians come out, it is to prove that they have access to tax payer funded properties. So what their real purpose is is to protest against the 1st Amendment.

Here on private property it is different. But the merchant may be feeling pressure, the same kind of pressure they can put on local government.

I remember this came up with this women's fitness studio, Curves. They were making every 4th song played a Christian song. And remember, the only distinctive thing about this Christian music is the idol worshiping in the lyrics.

People started complaining, and the problem was fixed.

I have no idea why anyone would go to a Starbucks. We have Vietnamese Coffee.

https://thebravenewworlddotnet.files.wor…

Even if you don't have this, you must still have something better than Starbucks.

SJG

Duran Duran - Come Undone - second posted live version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFBYsYY…

Duran Duran - Come Undone - Live in Warsaw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGn8fhAY…
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    Noise is noise. Content is irrelevant unless it is inciteful. Starbucks is a private space so they get to call the shots here. If they could play well and sing on key I couldn't care less if it was Christian or demonic.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I play pagan songs through my Marshall stack whenever Christians on acoustic get out of line.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Just stare intentl with lust at the cutest young girl singing. That way she can go home and pray for you, and you can go home and jerk off to her memory.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    ^^^^^^^ :)

JS69 +20

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion