tuscl

2017 = 1848?

Sunday, December 4, 2016 4:18 PM
What do you guys think? Could it happen?

22 comments

• san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Almost has to! I'm not just waiting passively either. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    [view link] 3rd book of their trilogy. Ideas have advanced. SJG
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    A spectre is haunting strips clubs — the spectre of Puritanism.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    The Radical Left is not usually Puritanism. Some schools of Feminism are Puritanism, but not all schools of Feminism. Most of the Radical Left, as I see it, is totally pro-prostitution. SJG
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ nice!
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Nice was meant for jack not SJG. I think the left is divided on prostitution as is the right. I remember one stripper trying to explain to me the feminist stance on the issue, but then she cut herself off and decided she just wanted to make out in the back instead.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    I'm lost
  • zipman68
    8 years ago
    Doogie, you silly little man. Get out of your parent's basement and see the evidence. Trump will sell America out to Russian oligarchs. I'm expecting a law requiring all sexy American's to suck Russian oligarch dick to be passed before the end of 2017. Then our liberator, President Xi, will march the PLA Army into the heart of Russia to destroy our evil Russian overlords. At the same time he'll send the PLA Navy across the Pacific and liberate America! Xie Xie President Xi! American democracy sux! Chinese democracy rox!
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Holy fuck is zipman stupid. Obviously I'm talking about Europe. Better lay off the drugs a bit there, zipperhead. Might help you keep up here.
  • zipman68
    8 years ago
    No shit Sherlock! Did you just get through your parents' World Book encyclopedias? Obviously, you weren't smart enough to infer that my answer to 1848 question, which is mind-numbingly stooooopid BTW, is "NO!" I am calling it right here and now - no revolution! The fat uneducated hicks that voted for Trump are happy. The Hillary voters are too cowardly to really change the country. So who will change America... The Chinese! Xie Xie President Xi!
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Hot or not? [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    This is what Dougster and his friends are doing, under the cover of the high stock market and low unemployment numbers. We must stop them. [view link] SJG
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Hey Lloyd, I see all these ideas and arrticles from the left wing saying how great it would be to change our society in order to take care of the marginalized, yet nobody offers any ways to implement them. Why is that? Maybe because dreaming is a liberal disease, and doing is something foreign to them.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Poverty and homelessness are caused by social marginalization. And so is the state of desperation and hopelessness which we mistakenly call mental illness. And more often than not, this starts with familial exploitation, with being used by parents who do not live up to their own values. So we need to start holding these parents accountable, instead of letting them send their scapegoat child to doctors. I helped 3 girls put their father into San Quentin. I am convinced that if these girls had instead listened to their Pentecostal church, then those girls would have eventually ended up as the targets for that church's outreach ministry, as well as for our mental health system. This is reality, not a dream. And here, a case which certainly looks like homicide by voodoo: [view link] SJG
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Basic income would triple the welfare budget if implemented, in the first year only according to Finland's attempt. Increased tax revenue would cover the cost on some of that, but no way nearly enough where the start of runaway deficits can be slowed, or catch up. Thus adding deficits at this point in time clearly puts our national security at risk, SJG. The welfare system as is supplies much needed support for the marginalized. They can eat and have a cell phone all on government dollars.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Paul Krugman talks about this, top income taxes are around 10% to 20% higher. This creates downwards wealth transfer. To a much better extent than what we have here, due to reactionary identification systems, Scandinavia works for the poor, works for everything. And of course everything is on the table. People debate all sides of this. What we have in the US now does not work. It only exists because people persist in blaming the poor, those who are already marginalized, for societal problems. And of course one of the biggest which is never discussed is familial child abuse. We were generally in sync with Western Europe, until Nixon unveiled his Southern Strategy, to play on our history of horrible race relations. And the reactionary side has continued to strengthen. Everyone wants to do well. But it is almost impossible when they have been seriously exploited in the middle-class family. SJG
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    The progressives are always trying something. The problem is, they are forgetting to apply the scientific method. One basic tenet of science is that it is falsifiable, The hypothesis needs to be be modified and a new experiment tried. With that said, with each passing week, I am becoming more and more reacquainted with my inner libertarianism. I do like to do my volunteer charity work. The problem with the Nordic methods is they are difficult to apply in practice to a nation the size (population and are) of the U.S. or on a nation as diverse as the U.S. Plus in my work with the food trucks and food charities ... the people being marginalized really do need a lot of low-level help. It's skills AND culture that they are missing. It's a shame that successful people aren't neighbors with the marginalized. It would help a lot if we lived in the same neighborhoods, interacted daily with each other, had our kids go to school with each other, as well as their kids being about successful parents. It the groups could work shoulder to shoulder, some of the skills and culture might rub off. It would help and it would be a start. It doesn't help that we don't live together.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Guys I'm not suggesting we try basic income today, but once we starting see the massive productivity gains due to advances in AI in the next couple of decades. I'd put it about 10-15 years off.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    With most of the highly marginalized, it started within the family, before they reached adolescence. Then it was compounded by the mental health system. excellent book about Europe [view link] And then look what I just learned about: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Table Of Contents: My Invitation ix Introduction: Can We Invent a Better Future? 1 (10) 1 My Journey 11 (13) 2 Are We at a Strategic Inflection Point? 24 (27) 3 The Elephant in the Room: Technology's Impact on Jobs 51 (23) 4 The New Landscape of Work 74 (17) 5 The Dark Side of the Gig Economy 91 (28) 6 Wither the American Dream? 119 (26) 7 En Route to a New American Dream 145 (26) 8 A Twenty-First-Century Solution to a Twenty-First-Century Problem 171 (52) Epilogue: Join the Conversation #RaisingTheFloor 223 (4) Acknowledgments 227 (2) Notes 229 (18) Index 247 SJG
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Fair enough, Dougster. I healthy and productive debate is all I ask. I'm satisfied here today.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    And here, author Andy Stern talking about the need for a Citizenship Wage. [view link] Dougster has endorsed this too, but his endorsement is bogus, just something to throw out as he and his friends in Bayreuth implement their plans to split humanity into two tiers. And here, interviews with Andy Stern. Stern is a union leader, SEIU. [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] 1 hour 15 min, talking about his book [view link] SJG Asking Obama to posthumously pardon Marcus Garvey: [view link] Tijuana Bus System Map and Schedule [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion